• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support the Library Fundraiser: Nov. 12-14

In summary, the Pampered Chef is offering a fundraiser, but the dates are restrictive. Customers who place orders for the fundraiser will only have the opportunity to do so for the two days preceding the show.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Ok, I've got a fundraiser going on right now.......or I should clarify, I've got packets out to people who are starting to take outside orders for a fundraiser. Actual show will be on Thursday, Nov. 12th at library and we are closing on Sat. Nov. 14th, as they'll have had packets for way over 2 weeks by that point.

Anyway, ladies I spoke with were hestitant about linking to libraries main web site bcause they are a group who's raising money to help the library, they are not the library themselves.

I was in and talked with a friend who works at library on something else entirely and she said, wow I love your website, it's so great, wish we could let people know on libraries site to go to yours to help support the library. I said, "Well I did try and tell X and Y that we could do that, but they didn't want to as they are not the library themselves, they are just doing obo library. So when head librarian came in, we told her how we can link sites and she was so excited and thrilled (means possibility of more $ for library). I said, well I've just got to go in and put a few things and get prior approval from PC and then we can link it. Thinking that I can have it linked for up to 30 days ahead, as that's what it seemed like to me in terms, within a 30 day period.

Anyway, I went to try and get approval and ONLY dates it would allow was for me to list is as Nov. 12 to Nov. 14, :mad: So only for those 2 days, not anytime before hand, like you can with a normal show, give things out ahead and get orders ahead.

So I called PC, spoke with a very nice guy, but he said "No that's the way it is, if you want it listed for longer, you'll have to change your date listed on the site" :eek::mad::confused:

I know with the ladies I'm workig with, that will TOTALLY confuse them and also then it's listing wrong info when people look at my site.

I sent an email to PC web support as he told me and I put this in email.......

I'm very confused and frankly VERY disappointed in Pampered Chef's way of listing dates for fundraisers and the linking of my site with the organization.
I did go on and give more infor and then ended my email like this....

I would really like an explanation for this. This show has been up on my site for over 2 weeks now and I've been able to test it by clicking on it and "place an order" and then I've backed out the test order. If I, or any other customer can place an order for this show right now, why can't this show be linked to another web site??

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and clarification in this matter.

This is what I got.......gee I don't think anything will be done to help this group out....

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. We can certainly forward your concerns to the appropriate area to see if this can be altered.

Thank you,

Am I being unreasonable to think in this age of computer, there's GOT to be a better solution than my changing the date on the computer?? :cry: :confused::(
Again the ladies who are working with me will NOT understand why date is changed and then it's not right when people click on it, is why I don't want to change it.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I can understand your frustration, but something to keep in mind: Tech support doesn't determine the rules about what days you can display your link. They want to respond to you immediately so you know they got your email, but they will have to have someone else look at the issue.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationI didn't call tech support but did discover this contradiction with linking fundraisers to the PWS. I gave out the catalogs already for a Nov. fundraiser but couldn't link to the org's website yet b/c it's not Nov. yet. I gave up on linking b/c, like you said with the folks at the library, it would only confuse the people I'm working with. Thanks for raising the issue with HO.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization Lisa,
with several FRs going on this season I have run into the same issue and am FRUSTRATED beyond words. Please send me a copy of your email - I will use it as a framework to write an email to Home Office as well...maybe the more people they hear from, they better chance we have of the issue being resolved.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I quit paying for a PC website because my customers somehow always ended up placing orders on the main PC website, and somebody else in the area got my commission. I'd get emails saying they loved their PC stuff. What the heck? I didn't see those orders go through.It shouldn't be so hard that I need to have them on the phone and talk them through what to click on, seriously!Sorry to hear about your fundraiser issues, but I'd beware that even linking it for 2 days will put the orders under your name!

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization
Lisa/ChefBear said:
Am I being unreasonable to think in this age of computer, there's GOT to be a better solution than my changing the date on the computer?? :cry: :confused::(
Again the ladies who are working with me will NOT understand why date is changed and then it's not right when people click on it, is why I don't want to change it.

Um, Honey, have you forgotten that this is Pampered Chef, who is about 100 years behind when it comes to the Internet?:rolleyes:

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationHere's what I send to HO, I was VERY PO'd and actually had to have hubby "edit' it as I wanted to really flame, but he put out the fire in this email.

I didn't even mention that I pay good money for this and now I can't have people use it in a way that's needed.......

Lisa

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm very confused and frankly VERY disappointed in Pampered Chef's way of listing dates for fundraisers and the linking of my site with the organization.

I've got a fundraiser for the “Friends of the Library”, which they are doing o/b/o (on behalf of) the Susquehanna County Library. I can't even get the entire name in for check on the web site because the field is too small. The fundraiser "party or show" itself will be at the library on Thursday, Nov. 12th at 6:30 p.m. This is the actual date I will be there doing a Show for them and they would LOVE to put a link on their site about this, directing people to my site to place orders.

I have already given out packets for them to start collecting orders, and they are very excited and hopeful as any money raised from this will help off-set State Budget shortfalls. Sue Stone, the head librarian was so excited when I said we could link sites to hopefully get more orders and more money raised for the library. She's just waiting for the word from me for their person to put on the libraries web site: Susquehanna County Library

I would like an explanation that makes sense and is clear, so that I can call Sue and tell her I'm very sorry but what I told you was incorrect about being able to have this listed within a few days and to have it available before the show itself, and why this is PC's policy.

I'm very upset, as they would like to link to my site starting today, but our program won't let me enter the dates I want (which is NOW), as they are actively trying to get orders. I even tried to put in Nov. 1st until the 14th, when we are closing the show. The only dates it will take is Nov. 12th for start and the 14th for close. This policy is STUPID, as people want to be able to go TODAY and see that we're having something at the library and either A: Come to the event or B: Place an order to support the library. They will be able to reach more people, many of whom use the libraries web site and don't physically come into the library. This would mean a large increase in sales for Pampered Chef and benefit for the Library.

I called Tech Support earlier this evening and spoke with Dennis. He said, "No the only way you can do the dates I wanted was to change the actual show date on the computer, or to ask permission as the system allows and only have it up for the 2 days". Dennis said it had to be "within 30 days" well unless my counter is off, today is well within 30 days of the date of close of the show.

Why should I have to "change" my show date, this will then cause it to appear wrong when people look up the show and I don't want to add any more confusion to the issue. Also, Dennis said he did not know why this policy was this way and he understood what I was trying to do, but that was the policy. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but he told me I had to send an email to this address. Well I think this policy needs to be changed and quickly!!

I think it's ridiculous and BACKWARD of Pampered Chef to not realize we give hostesses at LEAST two weeks ahead of time to try and get outside orders to help THEM earn more. I know we can pull shows together with less time, but generally most people plan ahead and invite people ahead and take orders ahead of time.

So WHY would we punish an organization that so desperately needs our help, when all they want to do is electronically link to the site for the duration of the fundraiser? The duration of the fundraiser is my opinion and that of the library is from the date I gave them the packets and they started taking orders, until Nov. 14th when we will be closing the show.

I would really like an explanation for this. This show has been up on my site for over 2 weeks now and I've been able to test it by clicking on it and "place an order" and then I've backed out the test order. If I, or any other customer can place an order for this show right now, why can't this show be linked to another web site??

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and clarification in this matter. .

I also left my phone #s.

I then sent a seperate email regarding phone# listing on web site. I was on a roll, lol.

I said, I have to list day or evening phone as my cell phone so people can have both, there should be a spot for me to list my cell phone (if I choose to give out to customers, which I do)

I got an email saying there is a way, you can enter 2 different #s, your day and evening. So I sent another email and BOLDED a whole bunch of text and I got a second email saying, oh OK, I will send a suggestion to our developers on your behalf.

We'll see how long it takes for either of them to be updated.

Lisa

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization
dianevill said:
Um, Honey, have you forgotten that this is Pampered Chef, who is about 100 years behind when it comes to the Internet?:rolleyes:

True words. (I still love the company, but really wish they would come out with more contemporary internet guidance.)

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization Can the library's webmaster add a blurb about orders being taken online from 11/1 (or, whichever date you choose) through 11/14, with a demonstration (or, however the 'event' part is being described) taking place at the library on 11/12?

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I was confused by what you were talking about -so I set up a bogus Fundraiser to figure out the problem. Wow! All I can say is what a crazy oversight! They are basically telling us and the organization that they cannot advertise on their website until the DAY OF the event.....DUH! I can see a 30-day window, but that's just nuts!

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I have four fundraisers in the next 6 weeks and have the same issue with all of them. ARGH.
I wrote tech support and the solution ctr tonight.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationI think the more we slam them with this issue hopefully it will be fixed.

If I change the date on my site, it will look people are to come to the library on Nov. 1st (if I put that date as start) which I don't want people to show up that date. I also feel this will confuse the people I'm trying to work with for the organization of the fundraiser.

I still can't believe people haven't complained before this. I've done fundraisers for LOTS of groups, but none have had web sites, so this is my first try with linking, or I would have been on this before this.

Hubby asked if I could send a newsletter to library and they forward or try and link to my newsletter and not my web site.......I said I didn't think that would be allowed and not sure it would work.

UGH, I hate just not being able to do this without a huge hassle.

Thanks for helping and again, if we come together and complain, many voices get heard and one or two get shhh'ed.

Lisa

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationI'm bumping so people will read and maybe we'll get more consultant's to complain to HO.

Lisa

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization bumping again

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I am surprised to learn that this is how it is. The big deal PC made about being able to link your site, its only good for a day. You could just enter it as a regular show and link it and be done with the fundraiser before PC ever even knows.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationHow can I link it as a regular show??? I don't understand what you mean by that.

I didn't think you could link to another's site without HO permission first.

Lisa

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization I too, am hoping that PC will change this policy. In the meantime there may be some things you can do to work around it. The date doesn't seem to be displayed for regular visitors to your website, so unless that specific information is inserted into the organization's website (I don't recall this being the case), you should be able to "change" the date without consequence. My other suggestion would be to have the organization's website administrators, as Sarah said, "add a blurb about orders being taken online from 11/1 (or, whichever date you choose) through 11/14, with a demonstration (or, however the 'event' part is being described) taking place at the library on 11/12?"I hope that helps.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
How can I link it as a regular show??? I don't understand what you mean by that.

I didn't think you could link to another's site without HO permission first.

Lisa

No, you wouldn't be able to link it (legally) without setting it up as a fundraiser on your personal website.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organizationI just built a bogus one and got to it fine. I guess maybe I'm missing something?

Did you do the link following this sequence: pc.biz/*****?showId=*******

If you use that format you should have a clickable link to your show.

My username is SheilaDacey and the show ID # is 2319728 If you change the above asterisks and insert those two pieces of info, you'll see a fundraiser called "Bogus Fundraiser" when you click on order products. The fundraiser dates are 11/12 - 11/14.

There's probably a different route, but I got the show ID # by sending myself an online invitation to the show. I have two 2-year olds distracting me right now, so no time to go look for a different route to get the show ID # right now.

Sheila said:
I just built a bogus one and got to it fine. I guess maybe I'm missing something?

Did you do the link following this sequence: pc.biz/*****?showId=*******

If you use that format you should have a clickable link to your show.

My username is SheilaDacey and the show ID # is 2319728 If you change the above asterisks and insert those two pieces of info, you'll see a fundraiser called "Bogus Fundraiser" when you click on order products. The fundraiser dates are 11/12 - 11/14.

There's probably a different route, but I got the show ID # by sending myself an online invitation to the show. I have two 2-year olds distracting me right now, so no time to go look for a different route to get the show ID # right now.
That's what I was trying to say. And that, the fundraiser would be done by the time PC gives you the approval to have it longer. Long long day. Sorry.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization What Ann's saying. It's not a "can I" issue, it's a "may I" issue. We can create a link to the show, but per PC's rules we are not allowed to link to it without pre-approval. And that approval will not be granted until the day you hold the actual show. It works great for fundraisers that you do a kick-off for, and collect orders after, but not so great for fundraisers that you start with catalog orders and do a wrap-up show for.

NooraK said:
What Ann's saying. It's not a "can I" issue, it's a "may I" issue. We can create a link to the show, but per PC's rules we are not allowed to link to it without pre-approval. And that approval will not be granted until the day you hold the actual show. It works great for fundraisers that you do a kick-off for, and collect orders after, but not so great for fundraisers that you start with catalog orders and do a wrap-up show for.
Yep. I am not suggesting you violoate policy, just consider the timeframe and how you can best help the library.

Re: I can't believe what I was told by Tech Support about linking w/ my organization So set your show dates for 11/1-11/15, get approval, then go change it to what you want the customers to see & advertise it. Would that not work?

What is the "Support the Library Fundraiser"?

The "Support the Library Fundraiser" is a fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef to support local libraries. During this event, a portion of the proceeds from all Pampered Chef sales will be donated to participating libraries.

When is the "Support the Library Fundraiser" taking place?

The "Support the Library Fundraiser" will take place from November 12-14. This is a three-day event where customers can make purchases and support their local libraries at the same time.

How can I participate in the "Support the Library Fundraiser"?

To participate in the "Support the Library Fundraiser", you can make a purchase from Pampered Chef during the event dates of November 12-14. You can also host a virtual or in-person party during this time and a portion of the sales will be donated to the fundraiser.

Which libraries are participating in the fundraiser?

The participating libraries may vary depending on your location. You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or check the list of participating libraries on our website.

How much of the proceeds will be donated to the libraries?

A portion of the proceeds from all Pampered Chef sales during the event dates of November 12-14 will be donated to participating libraries. The exact percentage may vary, but we are committed to supporting our local libraries and their important role in our communities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates