• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My $10 Flash Sale Just Turned Into a Wedding Registry Order?!

In summary, this is for one day only, it will end at 10 PM TONIGHT! If you know anyone who is wanting to purchase one or two items, forward this to them. But remember - all orders must be in by 10PM. You can email orders to me at this address, go to my website at <website> (Host is <my name>) - or call me at <my phone>! Credit cards are accepted on the web or by phone.
Nep2nfly
So - this month has been insane. I only had one show booked for the first 15 days (it was a 1400 commissionable sales show though). I submitted the show today, but was bummed because I really wanted that 1 free Fall product for 2 shows in first 15 days.....well at about 2:30 I had a friend call wanting to order the DCB and a stainless steel bowl. So I thought - what the heck - lets do a quick note out and do a $10 express sale. So I sent an email to all of my contacts with the subject line "Could you use $10?" and sent the following...

One day only!!!!! $10 for $10 Blast

Today is a special day!
Anyone who orders $10 in products will be entered in a drawing to win $10 cash (or $10 in free product)!!!

This is for one day only, it will end at 10 PM TONIGHT! If you know anyone who is wanting to purchase one or two items, forward this to them. But remember - all orders must be in by 10PM. You can email orders to me at this address, go to my website at <website> (Host is <my name>) - or call me at <my phone>! Credit cards are accepted on the web or by phone. If you email me, I will call you about payment arrangements.

I have included a list of $10 or less items to help you find what you need!

(I attached a list of $10 or less items)

WELLLLLLLLL>>>>>>>
It is only 8:06 and I've already had over $200 in orders....AND one of my customers called and said not only did she want to order something - but that she wanted to set up a wedding registry!!!!!! I'm so excited!
So - it looks like I will be getting that free Fall product after all....AND I just realized that I will be meeting the $1500 minimum SAT! Yay! I still have 2 shows left for this month ...so things are looking great!

I realize this isn't a huge show - but heck - I did a qualifying catalog show in 5 hours (and I didn't even make phone calls). Miracles do happen!

Last edited:
Very cool and a very good idea! Cook On!

what a great idea. way to go! last fall we had an incentive for a snowmen apron that i really wanted when a show fell through at the last minute. i got on the phone & got enough orders to make a show. they say it can be done but i didn't believe until i did it. great job!

That is a great idea!! And I love that instead of giving up, you STEPPED UP and made it happen! And it is a GREAT show! Congrats!!

Awesome!! Glad it worked for ya!

Wow - what a super idea! I love the $10 for $10 idea, and the very time-limited offer. Brilliant!
Just a question - how many do you have on your contact list?
So far I haven't had great response from an email sale, but I've only done things like the stoneware special (20%), and the trifle bowl sale (I got one order from an email about that).
But it's good to have different things to try, because it's happened often enough that I just need to 'prop up' an order or 2 to turn it into a show.

Question for you? If they order more than $10, did you just give them $10? Also how many took the cash and how many wanted more products?

kristina16marie said:
what a great idea. way to go! last fall we had an incentive for a snowmen apron that i really wanted when a show fell through at the last minute. i got on the phone & got enough orders to make a show. they say it can be done but i didn't believe until i did it. great job!

:thumbup::thumbup::D

Nep2nfly said:
So - this month has been insane. I only had one show booked for the first 15 days (it was a 1400 commissionable sales show though). I submitted the show today, but was bummed because I really wanted that 1 free Fall product for 2 shows in first 15 days.....well at about 2:30 I had a friend call wanting to order the DCB and a stainless steel bowl. So I thought - what the heck - lets do a quick note out and do a $10 express sale. So I sent an email to all of my contacts with the subject line "Could you use $10?" and sent the following...

Today is a special day!
Anyone who orders $10 in products will be entered in a drawing to win $10 cash (or $10 in free product)!!!

This is for one day only, it will end at 10 PM TONIGHT! If you know anyone who is wanting to purchase one or two items, forward this to them. But remember - all orders must be in by 10PM. You can email orders to me at this address, go to my website at <website> (Host is <my name>) - or call me at <my phone>! Credit cards are accepted on the web or by phone. If you email me, I will call you about payment arrangements.

WELLLLLLLLL>>>>>>>
It is only 8:06 and I've already had over $200 in orders....AND one of my customers called and said not only did she want to order something - but that she wanted to set up a wedding registry!!!!!! I'm so excited!
So - it looks like I will be getting that free Fall product after all....AND I just realized that I will be meeting the $1500 minimum SAT! Yay! I still have 2 shows left for this month ...so things are looking great!

WAHOOOOOO!!!! Great idea!

wadesgirl said:
Question for you? If they order more than $10, did you just give them $10? Also how many took the cash and how many wanted more products?

Actually - they were entered into a drawing for $10 if they order $10 or more in product. I haven't drawn a name yet - I plan on doing that with the shipment slips when they arrive, and then I will include them in next month's newsletter as the winner of our 7 hour 10 for 10 sale....

cheflorraine said:
Wow - what a super idea! I love the $10 for $10 idea, and the very time-limited offer. Brilliant!
Just a question - how many do you have on your contact list?
So far I haven't had great response from an email sale, but I've only done things like the stoneware special (20%), and the trifle bowl sale (I got one order from an email about that).
But it's good to have different things to try, because it's happened often enough that I just need to 'prop up' an order or 2 to turn it into a show.

My contact list is only about 150 or so....I'm still building my business. I think it worked because of the time limit and because it was open to any products. It really may have just been good timing. I haven't had great responses from the specials emails either...

Nep2nfly said:
Actually - they were entered into a drawing for $10 if they order $10 or more in product. I haven't drawn a name yet - I plan on doing that with the shipment slips when they arrive, and then I will include them in next month's newsletter as the winner of our 7 hour 10 for 10 sale....

Oops, guess I missed that part!!

Congratulations. Great idea.

Thanks guys! I closed it off last night at around $300 (way more than I expected for such a short time period). I made my $1500 by mid-month and earned the Fall product (yay)....I also had a couple of people contact me this morning who missed out last night. My husband thinks I should start doing something like this about once a month for those customers who just don't like to go to parties but love to order stuff for their kitchen (but give them a full 24-48 hours next time)....I think it may be too often....what do you think? I'm relatively new (first 90 days still)...how often do some of you saged PCrs do your own shows, or small campaigns like this?

Nep2nfly said:
Thanks guys! I closed it off last night at around $300 (way more than I expected for such a short time period). I made my $1500 by mid-month and earned the Fall product (yay)....

I also had a couple of people contact me this morning who missed out last night. My husband thinks I should start doing something like this about once a month for those customers who just don't like to go to parties but love to order stuff for their kitchen (but give them a full 24-48 hours next time)....I think it may be too often....what do you think? I'm relatively new (first 90 days still)...how often do some of you saged PCrs do your own shows, or small campaigns like this?

I would not offer this too often - make it rare and random - if they see this happening people will wait to order for your sale.

Congrats on the sales and thinking outside the box. You might want to send this into HO for their I did it emails.

BethCooks4U said:
I would not offer this too often - make it rare and random - if they see this happening people will wait to order for your sale.

Congrats on the sales and thinking outside the box. You might want to send this into HO for their I did it emails.

Thanks - that's what I was thinking (the rare thing) - now I get to tell my husband he was wrong (jk).

How do i send it into HO? I"m new, and I guess I should know how to do this, but I don't.

I found it..thanks! I feel a bit silly - but I'm going to try!

Congratulations, Nancy on your accomplishments and welcome to PC and CS!!!!!!

Ooooh, oooh, oooh! I would SO MUCH RATHER do this than try my own show! I only need $200 for the next Sell-a-thon level! Does somebody have a list of the $10 items? I'd like to do this for this weekend ... maybe a 3-day weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Nep2nfly said:

What a FANTASTIC idea!! Congratulations on thinking outside the box and on earning that free fall product!!

One thing I was thinking, though... Next time you might want to do the drawing before you submit the show! If they choose product, you could add it to your host order, which would get you a discount! Just something to think about!

I may have to creatively acquire this idea!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Ooooh, oooh, oooh! I would SO MUCH RATHER do this than try my own show! I only need $200 for the next Sell-a-thon level!

Does somebody have a list of the $10 items? I'd like to do this for this weekend ... maybe a 3-day weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

List (does not include pantry items):

$10 or Less

***Check out our pantry items online. I have not included them here, but they are fantastic, and most are under $10!

2046 Bamboo Tongs, $7
2829 Outdoor Serving Set $7.50
2823 Outdoor Party Plates $9.50
2158 Dripless Pourer/Stopper $10
2583 Mix n Chop $10
2685 Mix n Masher $10
2042 Bamboo Spatulat set $8.00
2044 Bamboo Specialty Cooking Set $9.50
1674 Bamboo Spoon Set $9.50
2776 Small Micro- Cooker $8.00
2610 Nylon Pan Scrapers $2.75
1101 Hold N Slice $4.00
1269 Finger Guard $5.00
1024 Collapsible Strainer $5.50
1615 handy Scraper $6.50
1001 Bar Board $9.50
2904 My Safe Cutter $3
1258 Quikut Paring Knives (set of 3) $4.75
1195 Cut N Seal $9
1126 Cheese Knife $9.25
1127 Grapefruit Knife $7.50
1161 V Shaped Cutter $9.50
1302 Pizza Cutter $9.75
1114 Kernel cutter $7.50
1072 Serrated Peeler $7.50
1071 Vegetable Peeler $6.50
1134 Zester/Scorer $9.50
1073 Julienne Peeler $9.50
1256 Avocado Peeler $6.00
2442 More Latin Flavors Recipe Collection $9.50
1907 Latin Flavor Recipe Collection $9.50
2443 Weekday Recipe Card collection $6.50
2441 Easy and Impressive Appetizers $7.50
9579 Spin on Salads Recipe Collection $7.50
2854 Grill it Quick Recipe Collection $7.50
1923 Season's Best $1.00
1590 Mini Tart Shaper $4
1506 Parchment Paper $7.25
1695 Flour/Sugar Shaker $6.00
1755 Chef's Silicone Basting Brush $8.50
1187 Egg Separator $6.50
1719 Pie Gate $5.50
1715 Pie Crust shield $7.50
2236 Mini Measure All $6.00
2177 Mini Measuring Cup $6.00
2256 Easy Conversion Chart $7.50
1655 Skinny Scraper $8.50
2477 Stainless Mini Whisk $9.50
2635 Mini-Whipper $3.50
2577 Garlic Peeler $7.00
1260 Citrus Peeler $1.00
2455 Corn Cob Nobs $4.00
2460 Corn Butterer $3.50
1646 Large Spreader $8.50
2071 Small Spreader $4.50
1166 Slice N Serve $7.50
2626 Large Serving Spatula $8.50
1642 All Purpose Spreader $4.00
2622 Mini-Serving Spatula $4.50
2677 Jar Opener $10.00
2555 Scoop Clip $5.00
2590 Easy Opener $4.50
2495 Can Strainer $4.50
2981 Cranberry Microfiber Towel $8.50
2997 i-slice $3.75
2651 Twixit Clip Combo Pack $5.50
1625 Easy Clean Kitchen Brush $9.00

I think I am going to offer:One ticket for any purchase $10 or moreTwo tickets for any purchase $30 or moreFour tickets (and a free corn cutter or corn cob nobs/butterer set) with a purchase of $60 or more.Prizes will be $10 in free product (more than one winner may be drawn) and 60 percent off the grill basket, grill tray, outdoor party sticks or collapsable bowl set.)When I get home I'll attempt to put this into a pretty word file, if my computer will cooperate. I HATE the new version of Microsoft word that Roomie installed!

Here it is

Attachments

• 10 or Less Spring 2010.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 365
Di_Can_Cook said:
When I get home I'll attempt to put this into a pretty word file, if my computer will cooperate. I HATE the new version of Microsoft word that Roomie installed!

Thank you all for this great thread. What a great way to drum up some action when the end of the month is looming and you have just a little bit to go...seems like something to save for special incentives like SAT...

Di, which is the new WORD--is is 2007? I hated that when I first got it, but then fell in live with it big time....but I did beta-test Word 2010, don't think I'll be buying that one, Their attempts to make it user friendly backfired, imho.

Marghi

i'm already going to hit the 3k level for sat - but my july looks sad because we're going out of town for my sister's wedding. anyways, my birthday is 7/16 so i was thinking of doing this in july but a $16 for $16 blast to help my sales next month.

if anyone has a word or excel doc with all the catalog items by price - please upload it. otherwise i'll just have to modify the $10 list by hand. =)

I noticed some things were missing and I also added the pantry items and got it all on one page. These items are in the order they are found in the catalog which is helpful because if someone wanted something (like the large micro-cooker) they'd know about where in the catalog to look. KWIM? At first I didn't see the rhyme to the order so I thought I'd put that out there.

Attachments

• 2010Spring 10 or less.doc
    31 KB · Views: 352
Thank you! BethCooks4U, I was looking for something like this for a Christmas in July theme and I can easily change to Canadian prices! This group rocks with their creative talents on the computer.

These are copied from the website, then sorted by price.

I converted it to a word document for those who don't have excel, and to PDF. It's pretty long.

If you have excel, it should be easy to paste from Word into excel so you can update and sort again when new items are added :) or prices change.

Marghi

Attachments

• Spring Summer 2010 sorted by price.doc
    362.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Spring Summer 2010 sorted by price.pdf
    366 KB · Views: 257
BlueMoon said:

I converted it to a word document for those who don't have excel, and to PDF. It's pretty long.

If you have excel, it should be easy to paste from Word into excel so you can update and sort again when new items are added :) or prices change.

Marghi

Out of curiosity, how are you seeing things on the website? I thought you hadn't signed yet?

BlueMoon said:

Marghi

thank you!!! :love:

Thank you Beth! On further thought, I am working this weekend so I am putting it out there for next weekend, Saturday and Sunday only.

BethCooks4U said:
Out of curiosity, how are you seeing things on the website? I thought you hadn't signed yet?

over my recruiters shoulder....she's getting me started with some training

BlueMoon said:
over my recruiters shoulder....she's getting me started with some training

Well, that makes sense then.

Love this idea!! Just sent out an email and made it a weekend sale! Hoping it generates some sales for sats! Thank you!!!!

I am going to do this NOW... what a fab idea! I think even just sending out a list of items for $10 or less in general would do something!
Nice Job!!

Nep2nfly said:

Today is a special day!

WELLLLLLLLL>>>>>>>

Di_Can_Cook said:
Ooooh, oooh, oooh! I would SO MUCH RATHER do this than try my own show! I only need $200 for the next Sell-a-thon level!

Does somebody have a list of the $10 items? I'd like to do this for this weekend ... maybe a 3-day weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It is located under the files tab. I may do the same. Great idea!!!!

Great idea! I have been struggling myself to get shows for this month. I think I will try this idea myself.

How did you handle shipping? What did they pay?

I have started this project this morning on email and have $150 in sales so far..

I am also emailing a photo of the pineapple wedger and the hot upside down pineapple cake in the DCB that I made. I have sold 7 wedgers so far!

"Pineapple for breakfast! I ♥ my pineapple wedger! Want one? I am having a $10 PChef drawing! One blessed person will get $10 off their order (p-wedger is $18) or $10 in free product + FREE shipping ($4.25 value)! Help me meet my goal this month by placing a $10 order! There will be an extra free Mystery gift to the winner too! I am only $600 away from my goal...."

Going to be running this special till Saturday morning and putting the show in before I leave for a week!

CK

Hey, hey, hey! Nancy did it! You are now famous - featured on an email to all the consultants in the country!!

WeeHoo and she INSPIRED so many! WTG Nancy!

I know I thought of that immediately when I got the I did it email tonight. Congrats!!!

What a great idea! Its just what I need!

Thanks guys for suggesting that I submit the idea!

I actually didn't know about it until I saw this thread. Funny. They did change my wording quite a bit - but I expected they would. She called me yesterday and asked a few last minute questions. I love this site - I never would have had the idea if it weren't for all of your inspirational stories!

Nancy how did you handle shipping and handling?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • krahema