1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I can't believe I forgot...

1. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

...to change the show date on my catalog show to the 5th!

DH has a co-worker who wanted to order the 7-piece Executive set for her daughter, direct shipped, and didn't want to do a show even after I explained the difference in cost. He forgot to tell me before Christmas, but she wasn't too worried, so I got a couple of more orders to make it a $500 show, and was going to wait until the first, so it'd count for this month, and I'd get extra FPV.

Then my computer crashed. It took me a bit to get things sorted out, so I decided I'll wait until Tuesday to submit, so I'll get triple points.

I just now realized I forgot to change the show date, and I only get triple points if it's held and submitted 5-10! :cry::cry::cry:

Live and learn, I guess...

Jan 7, 2010
  2. urbnk8

urbnk8 Member

Bummer!! I'm so sorry! That stinks...but it's totally something I would do!

Jan 7, 2010
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Awww, man! I'm so sorry. I hate it when I do stuff like that.

Jan 7, 2010
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Ugh! :cry:

I'm sorry, Noora!

Jan 7, 2010
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

That stinks.

I do want to point out that it's not a good idea to mention changing show dates on this forum. The rules for the Irresistible Destinations specifically mention (page 3):
    (emphasis mine)
    The rules are posted on CC on the Irresistible Destinations page.

We do know that HO has people who check in here from time to time.

Jan 7, 2010
  6. NooraK

Good thing it wasn't a cooking show...

Jan 7, 2010
  7. chefann

It may not have been a cooking show, but indicating that you were going to purposely change the date to one other than the one on which you closed it is akin to changing a cooking show date.

Jan 7, 2010
  8. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

That happen to me with sell a thon a few years ago 3.64 short of the 6000 level May show date on ,,,,,,,,,,,, so now when something big is going on i tape a note to the computer so I remember

9. raebates

Ann, I appreciate your reminder. I know your concern is for everyone to conduct their business ethically, which is important to me as well.

If I remember correctly Noora's "show" was an individual order that the customer gave her permission to (1) turn into a catalog show and (2) do for either December or January.

Jan 7, 2010
  10. chefann

Yeah, I realized after I logged off earlier that I should have indicated that it was meant as a general reminder not to discuss changing show dates. Not a specific accusation toward Noora.

Sorry about that.

Jan 7, 2010
  11. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

But if there was an original date the show was supposed to close and it was closed earlier, it would be OK.

Jan 7, 2010
  12. NooraK

I didn't take it personally :D

Jan 7, 2010
  13. raebates

I figured that's what you were doing.

Jan 7, 2010
Have something to add?