• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is My Sample Order Still Sitting There Since August 3rd?

In case of a problem with an order, shows will be shipped oncethe problem is resolved.Orders are typically processed on a first-come,
jrstephens
I called b/c I have my sample order sitting there since August 3rd. I of course got the line about slow shipping at the end of the month, yada yada.:rolleyes:

They are currently shipping things submitted August 1 - 4.

I just got my sample order today and I submitted it on the 1st.

Speaking of slow shipping, semi hi-jack.... my host (show submitted Aug 2) told all of her guests that the order should be in by this weekend. I told her that it is currently "picking" and she is all mad because she has irritated guests. GRR! I simply told her that I couldn't promise anything when we submitted the show, but sometimes they get it shipped within a few days...She wants to know what HO's promised "time-frame" is for getting orders out...does anyone know this off hand?

I believe that it is 8-10 business days.

I know that is is normally a lot longer than it usually takes. I hope from Weekly Bites Ho talking baout making shipping go faster all month, that they will and this will not be a factor for long.

I know we should not complain b/c they really do great most of the time. But I just feel like if they do something 3 weeks out of the month that they should be prepared to do it the 4th week out of the month too!

I just answered my own question....this is what CC says....I thought that I saw an actual timeframe before, but maybe not.SHIPPING INFORMATION
Shows are generally shipped within 2 days of the date received in the
Home Office (not including weekends and holidays). During periods
of peak order volume, such as month-end and promotional cutoffs,
2-day turnaround times may not be possible. When this occurs,
every effort is made to ship in no more than 5 business days. In case
of a problem with an order, Shows will be shipped once the problem
is resolved.
Orders are typically processed on a first-come, first-served
basis. However, occasionally orders may be delayed briefly
due to temporary product shortages.

It's always better to tell the host a couple of weeks, something that is longer than expected. When they get the show early they are happy.

When it gets to the last week of the month - I make it a point to tell my hosts that if they want their show shipped w/in 2 days, than we need to close by the 29th of the month. If we close on the 30th or 31st, it could add an extra week to their delivery time. Some don't care, and those who do, work to close their show quicker. Of course this month 5 of my 7 shows didn't care!:grumpy:

Last edited:
It was good that you called them though. I ordered samples from the spring stuff and it sat there in shipped stage for over a week - the tracking stuff never showed it leaving HO. I called and it was stuck somehow. They had to send it to me Rush. It is still sitting out there with no tracking info but says it shipped. Very strange.

I know HO wants us to submit shows earlier and I know I personally try, but if I am going to bounce my account by "covering" for someone who promises to send payment, etc. then it can't be helped. As much as you try to host coach, the excitement on the host's part really kicks into gear once the party is done. Then they are more inspired to collect a few more orders which means waiting to close it a little longer. I already give a reward for a big guest list...I can't see giving yet another gift away for trying to close it sooner! Unless someone comes up with a great idea on CS!!!:p

jenniferknapp said:
I just answered my own question....this is what CC says....I thought that I saw an actual timeframe before, but maybe not.

SHIPPING INFORMATION
Shows are generally shipped within 2 days of the date received in the
Home Office (not including weekends and holidays). During periods
of peak order volume, such as month-end and promotional cutoffs,
2-day turnaround times may not be possible. When this occurs,
every effort is made to ship in no more than 5 business days. In case
of a problem with an order, Shows will be shipped once the problem
is resolved.
Orders are typically processed on a first-come, first-served
basis. However, occasionally orders may be delayed briefly
due to temporary product shortages.
There is a definete (sp?) time line in our business guide! That is where you have seen it! Also, I know that PP's Thank You letter for the host tells the host when to expect delivery. And it always gives them extra long to get it to the host. I always print this and give it to the host when I collect final payment or I mail it to them. Then the host doesn't expect it sooner, and when it comes in sooner, it's a bonus!:thumbup: :D

Gotcha! I've never had a problem with a host until this one....she is SO cheap! I think she is giving me a hard time because she just wants something for free!

jenniferknapp said:
Gotcha! I've never had a problem with a host until this one....she is SO cheap! I think she is giving me a hard time because she just wants something for free!
Arghhhh!:grumpy: :yuck: :mad: :thumbdown: !!!! I get so frustrated with hosts like that! Had one like that last month and I still want to strangle her when I think about it!:grumpy: :rolleyes:

that explains my sample package still showing recieved, oh well I can wait a little longer i guess

poohritz said:
that explains my sample package still showing recieved, oh well I can wait a little longer i guess

Me too and me too (I guess).

jrstephens said:
They are currently shipping things submitted August 1 - 4.
Thanks for sharing! I have a show that I submitted on the 4th, that is still showing "received" and I was wondering about it taking so long. I guess I've gotten a little spoiled to my shows shipping within a couple of days! :)

My sample order appears to have been shipped on three different dates! Well, I'm sure it is broken up into three shipments - not my full order being shipped three different times :p Man, wouldn't THAT be nice!

Anyway, I received box #1 yesterday. Another box is being delivered today (that's the one they sent an email telling me it's been shipped) and a third one shipped yesterday.

BTW, a little hijack here ... on the subject of samples, FYI I received what the packing slip calls 2 Small Dots Bowls, using the OLD part number. They are obviously the new regular Dots Bowls, because of the size. I'm interested to see if my Small Dots Bowls actually show up ...

Also, my last show order and my supply order were both missing an item. I've done my adjustments and they should be coming soon, but just be sure to check your orders carefully.

I guess the changes they are making to make them more efficient have a learning curve with them :rolleyes:

MomToEli said:
Also, my last show order and my supply order were both missing an item. I've done my adjustments and they should be coming soon, but just be sure to check your orders carefully.

I guess the changes they are making to make them more efficient have a learning curve with them :rolleyes:
That's a good point you bring up, Sandy. The more harried the warehouse staff are because of "bulk" order submissions, the higher the likelihood of errors. Just another reason to submit orders ASAP, instead of waiting until the end of the month.

I thought I saw my sample order say "picking" earlier today, but now it's back to "received". ????? Maybe, I was just seeing things, but I thought there was hope of getting it soon. Ugh! I guess I won't get it until Tuesday or Wenesday. Bummer!

baychef said:
As much as you try to host coach, the excitement on the host's part really kicks into gear once the party is done. Then they are more inspired to collect a few more orders which means waiting to close it a little longer.

That's funny because I've found the opposite to be true for my shows/hosts most of the time. I've started closing my shows that night because of it. VERY rarely did I have a host get more than one or two more orders after the show. If anything, I wasted time calling & calling to close. Only when they are close to the next level will I give them an extra day or two to collect more orders. But I also give the host packet out about a month before the show, so they have plenty of time to collect orders beforehand.

What gets frustrating for me is that I DO send my shows in right away, but I can't help it if I send in a show from the 29th of the month in on the 30th--can't really send it in any earlier & I'm NOT waiting until the first week of the next month to submit. Or if I have a show on the 1st-3rd of the month, those hosts have to wait longer because HO is still behind with the end of the month. Grr!!!!! Luckily it only affects a few shows each month, if any!

JAE said:
I thought I saw my sample order say "picking" earlier today, but now it's back to "received". ????? Maybe, I was just seeing things, but I thought there was hope of getting it soon. Ugh! I guess I won't get it until Tuesday or Wenesday. Bummer!

This happened to me today too! Yesterday it said picking and I was so excited and today it has reverted back to received:(

Also, my supply order was scheduled to arrive today and now the date has changed to the 14th!:grumpy:

My sample items also shipped out at three different times. I got one box today and the other two won't get here till the 14th. I can't wait to get home and see what came in the box today.

How do you know they won't arrive until the 14th? Did you call HO and ask them?

delivery dates..It shows up on the Fex Ex tracking. Delivery date.

hth

Liz

I received my last host show (closed 8/13) at my house on 8/17 (7) boxes. There are no bags and the packing slips were printed on a cartridge that had ran out of ink. We were both excited about the quick shipping but I am very disappointed that we have no bags. I can help her sort the products with the receipts.

Darcia said:
I received my last host show (closed 8/13) at my house on 8/17 (7) boxes. There are no bags and the packing slips were printed on a cartridge that had ran out of ink. We were both excited about the quick shipping but I am very disappointed that we have no bags. I can help her sort the products with the receipts.
CALL HO right away, and they will send bags.

The current delayed shipping is a huge frustration for me. Mostly becuase PC has been so good for so long...and now, without an explanation, things are out of wack. Yes...we have a responsibility to submit as soon as feasible but this delay seems out of proprotion based on the last year or so's activity.

Most of us give some type of feedback to our hosts when we close a show...trying to explain when they will expect their order. With busy lives these days, and summer time vacations, hosts have a valid reason to want to know a parameter for when the order will arrive. If they aren't going to be home, they need to make arrangements for someone to look for the order and move it to the inside or something; or, have the ordered shipped to an altenrative address.

When you have a norm for delivery that is consistent, you can provide good host service by saying when to expect it (give or take a few days!). But, right now, we don't know if they'll get it in a week or 2.5 weeks.

Just not a comfortable situation. I WISH that PC would address this in an email to consultants or a weekly bites blip. Telling us to submit our shows in a more timley manner just doesn't cut it for me.

1. How long does shipping typically take?

Shipping times vary depending on the shipping method chosen at checkout and the destination address. However, we strive to process and ship all orders within 1-2 business days.

2. Can I track my package?

Yes, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to track your package on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

3. How much does shipping cost?

Shipping costs are determined by the total weight and destination of your order. You can view the estimated shipping cost at checkout before completing your purchase.

4. Do you offer international shipping?

Yes, we offer international shipping to select countries. However, please note that additional fees and customs charges may apply. We recommend checking with your local customs office for more information.

5. What should I do if my package is damaged during shipping?

If your package arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We may request photos of the damage for our records and to assist with the return or replacement process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Unic0rn76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • straitfan