• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Broken Toes, 3 Shows This Week

In summary, Lisa is having three shows this week and is wondering what she should do about carrying all her stuff. She broke two toes last night and is not to "lift" heavy things, so she's worried about being able to carry all her usual stuff. Her first show is for a new girl and Lisa is worried that she'll be able to do the show without help. Her husband is helping out with the girls at night, but Lisa is worried about being able to do the show without help. She's considering calling her hostesses and explaining the situation, or hiring a local college student to help her.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'm just wondering what you would do in this situation, I broke 2 toes last night and am not to "lift" heavy things and am to be off my feet (yeah right SAHM of 2 during day and then 3rd comes home from school at 3:30) anyway, I've got 3 shows this week and am wondering what I should do about carrying all my stuff.

Two shows are for repeat crowds so I know they won't mind if I don't bring everything I usually do, but my show on Thurs. is for a new girl. She likes that I bring allot.

Do I call all my hostesses and tell them I'm a clutz (which I am) and that I've broken a couple of toes and will need help with unloading and loading my car?? Is that terrible to do that?? I feel really bad, but don't want to cancel these shows, as they are all really interested in helping with the HWC campaign. So what do you think I should do??

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Lisa

could your husband possibly help you? like take you to the show then pick you up? or I would call the hostess and tell her what happened I am sure they would be willing to help you if I was the hostess I would be willing to do carry in my consultants stuff if she needed me to help her. (hope your toes get better real quick)

I would call your hosts and tell them your problem and I am sure they would be willing to help you out - even the new one. They are just as excited about the show as you are, so I am sure they would want to do everything they can to make it a success.

My hubby is helping my by being home to do the night time things with the girls, did I mention they are 6, 5, and almost 3, so he's got his hands full.

If he dropped me and then had to come and get me, it would mess up bed times for them.

So I think I'll try the calling my hostesses and explaining and seeing if they'll help me out.

Thanks, going to elevate my foot while I make lunch for the kiddos.

Lisa

I don't think the hostesses will mind helping you bring in the boxes from your car, I would give them a heads up on the situation and go with it.

At my first show it started raining (really pouring) about 10 minutes before I got to the hostesses house and she helped me bring in the boxes because it was really coming down. I think they will understand and be willing to help!

Would you mind if someone asked you for help? Of course not! I am sure all of your hosts would understand and be more than willing to help with the situation. :D

I would ask for help as well as ask for a place to sit and do the show. Perhaps you can sit on a bar stool that's higher than the table so you can keep off your toes..

You can hire a local college student to help you. Tax write-off for you and possible recruit!

cmdtrgd said:
You can hire a local college student to help you. Tax write-off for you and possible recruit!
What an awesome idea!

Lisa--It is your family and you guys do things your way, but for one night I would have hubby drop me off and come get me. Especially since you only have 1 in school right now.

Call your host to see if she wouldn't mind switching to your house for the party instead of her home. This is a tough situation. Hopefully you can work it out!! Let us know how it goes.

I think your hosts would be more than happy to help with unloading!!

Last edited:
Another idea, although it is a last resort, would be to have a recruit or sister/brother consultant do the show. You would be giving the show away, but you would be able to walk faster.

1. Can I still do my shows if I have a broken toe?

It ultimately depends on the severity of your injury and your doctor's recommendation. If you are able to walk and stand comfortably, you may still be able to do your shows. However, if your doctor advises against it, it's important to prioritize your health and cancel or reschedule your shows.

2. How can I manage the pain and discomfort while doing shows?

We recommend taking over-the-counter pain medication, wearing comfortable shoes with good support, and taking breaks to elevate and ice your foot. You can also try using a toe splint or buddy taping to provide extra support and stability.

3. Do I need to inform my host or customers about my injury?

It's up to your personal preference, but we recommend being transparent with your host and customers about your injury. This way, they can understand if you need to make any modifications during the show and can also offer their support and understanding.

4. Will my injury affect my ability to properly demonstrate products?

Again, this will depend on the severity of your injury. If you are able to move and use your foot comfortably, it should not affect your ability to demonstrate products. However, if you are experiencing significant pain or difficulty, it's important to communicate this with your host and possibly make adjustments to your demonstration.

5. How can I prevent further injury while still doing my shows?

Make sure to wear comfortable shoes with good support, take breaks to rest and elevate your foot, and avoid any movements or activities that may aggravate your injury. Also, be sure to communicate with your host and customers about your injury so they can offer assistance if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies