1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching I broken 2 toes and have 3 shows this week ;( Not supposed to lift heavy things.....

1. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering what you would do in this situation, I broke 2 toes last night and am not to "lift" heavy things and am to be off my feet (yeah right SAHM of 2 during day and then 3rd comes home from school at 3:30) anyway, I've got 3 shows this week and am wondering what I should do about carrying all my stuff.

Two shows are for repeat crowds so I know they won't mind if I don't bring everything I usually do, but my show on Thurs. is for a new girl. She likes that I bring allot.

Do I call all my hostesses and tell them I'm a clutz (which I am) and that I've broken a couple of toes and will need help with unloading and loading my car?? Is that terrible to do that?? I feel really bad, but don't want to cancel these shows, as they are all really interested in helping with the HWC campaign. So what do you think I should do??

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Lisa

May 22, 2006
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

could your husband possibly help you? like take you to the show then pick you up? or I would call the hostess and tell her what happened I am sure they would be willing to help you if I was the hostess I would be willing to do carry in my consultants stuff if she needed me to help her. (hope your toes get better real quick)

May 22, 2006
  3. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

I would call your hosts and tell them your problem and I am sure they would be willing to help you out - even the new one. They are just as excited about the show as you are, so I am sure they would want to do everything they can to make it a success.

May 22, 2006
  4. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

My hubby is helping my by being home to do the night time things with the girls, did I mention they are 6, 5, and almost 3, so he's got his hands full.

If he dropped me and then had to come and get me, it would mess up bed times for them.

So I think I'll try the calling my hostesses and explaining and seeing if they'll help me out.

Thanks, going to elevate my foot while I make lunch for the kiddos.

Lisa

May 22, 2006
  5. I don't think the hostesses will mind helping you bring in the boxes from your car, I would give them a heads up on the situation and go with it.

At my first show it started raining (really pouring) about 10 minutes before I got to the hostesses house and she helped me bring in the boxes because it was really coming down. I think they will understand and be willing to help!

May 22, 2006
  6. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

Would you mind if someone asked you for help? Of course not! I am sure all of your hosts would understand and be more than willing to help with the situation. :D

May 22, 2006
  7. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

I would ask for help as well as ask for a place to sit and do the show. Perhaps you can sit on a bar stool that's higher than the table so you can keep off your toes..

May 22, 2006
  8. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

You can hire a local college student to help you. Tax write-off for you and possible recruit!

May 22, 2006
  9. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

What an awesome idea!

May 22, 2006
  10. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Lisa--It is your family and you guys do things your way, but for one night I would have hubby drop me off and come get me. Especially since you only have 1 in school right now.

Call your host to see if she wouldn't mind switching to your house for the party instead of her home. This is a tough situation. Hopefully you can work it out!! Let us know how it goes.

May 22, 2006
  11. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

I think your hosts would be more than happy to help with unloading!!

Last edited: May 22, 2006
    May 22, 2006
  12. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Another idea, although it is a last resort, would be to have a recruit or sister/brother consultant do the show. You would be giving the show away, but you would be able to walk faster.

May 22, 2006
Have something to add?