• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Room Change at Hilton - No Thanks!

In summary, the conversation is about a person's unsuccessful attempt to add a third person to their reservation at the Hilton. They were told that they could not add a third person to a king room and were offered a more expensive suite or a rollaway bed for an additional charge. The conversation includes advice on how to handle the situation and the booking company, Experient, is also mentioned as being unhelpful.
stephs_chef
I booked a room with the Hilton for 2 beds/2 baths (that was one of the choices when I booked the room). I called last week to add one of the roommates names on . . and it was all good. Today, I called to add our 3rd person and the reservation person told me I couldn't do it because the room
we were getting was a king bed and you can't put 3 in a king room. She could put us in a king suite for 700.00 a night. Ugh, yeah no thanks. We might be able to get a roll away for an additonal $40.00 a night. Puleaze!
:grumpy:

Re: GrrrrrYou call the booking company? If you have a copy of the original reservation, you get on them about it. If it states the two beds/2 baths - you hold them to that!

Re: Grrrrr
pampered1224 said:
You call the booking company? If you have a copy of the original reservation, you get on them about it. If it states the two beds/2 baths - you hold them to that!

What he said!

If you have documentation, don't let them give you the runaround!

Re: GrrrrrI agree, you should have received an email with your original confirmation.

Re: GrrrrrAbsolutely! (what they said)
The ONLY rooms available at the Hilton when registration opened were 2B/2B rooms. If Experient messed up, they should make it right for you (good luck with that, though - people have had problems with them in the past).

Re: GrrrrrAnd don't take a smoking room if you requested non-smoking. Ugh, we did that last year (for one night) because that was the only 2b2b rooms they said they had available. I was miserable all night and our clothes reeked! Tell them you are allergic.

Re: GrrrrrYes... call and let them know...fax your paperwork back to them if you need to. If they still won't change it make them give you a big discount. In Dallas we paid for a suite and when we arrived they said...your room is new and there is no furniture except the beds and dresser. And they still wanted to charge us suite rate for a bedroom and an empty room...which was suppose to be for our meetings. Hello...no way are we paying an extra $50 bucks for an unusable room. We had to complain to 3 people but we got it for a double room price.

Re: GrrrrrThey tried to do this to me last year and I wouldn't budge. I didn't end up getting into the proper room til after midnight and then I also got a free night out of them. Stand your ground.

Re: GrrrrrWhen I called the booking company they said I needed to talk to the Hilton. My sister is a travel agent and she said to first ask for a manager nicely . . then start getting upset if need be. I'd be ok with a king room and a rollaway as long as we don't have to pay for the rollaway.

Re: Grrrrrmake sure you get names of everyone you speak with...

stephs_chef said:
When I called the booking company they said I needed to talk to the Hilton. My sister is a travel agent and she said to first ask for a manager nicely . . then start getting upset if need be. I'd be ok with a king room and a rollaway as long as we don't have to pay for the rollaway.

But if you made the original reservation through the booking company, they should have to work with the Hilton to solve the problem. Seems to me that this is why PChef uses them.

chefjeanine said:
But if you made the original reservation through the booking company, they should have to work with the Hilton to solve the problem. Seems to me that this is why PChef uses them.
Experient is useless. They did not process my cancellation (even though I cancelled by the deadline) and told me there was nothing they could do and I should call Pampered Chef. Huh? the HO has NOTHING to do with hotel reservations!Call the Hilton directly--that's what I ended up doing and they were very helpful.

Last edited:
Re: GrrrrrDeb did you get a refund????

Re: GrrrrrAny news Steph?

Re: GrrrrrThere was a cutoff date for making changes with Experient, which would be one reason to deal directly with the Hilton. Have the housing form from CC in front of you, so that if need be, you can fax it to the Hilton to show that the ONLY choice for Hilton rooms was 2B/2B.

Re: GrrrrrNo news . . the front desk person said I should request 3 keys as soon as I get there (not sure what that would do???) but I will deal with it when I get there. Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and suggestions.

I'm taking the train from Lansing and should arrive in Chicago around 1 . . hoping that gives me plenty of time to deal with all of this.

Re: Grrrrrbe prepared for a long line at the Hilton

Re: GrrrrrWhat does the original reservation say you are susposed to get??? I would for sure have copies of all the email you did and the confirmation email from experient... Show them this and make them give you a better room for the same price as you have already paid for....or at the very least what you paid for....

Flamingo said:
Deb did you get a refund????

I'm supposed to be getting one--hasn't posted yet. Hilton said it could take 3 or more days. I will be watching.

1. What should I do if I am unhappy with an unexpected room change at the Hilton?

If you are unhappy with an unexpected room change at the Hilton, you should speak to the front desk staff and explain your concerns. They may be able to offer a solution or alternative room option.

2. Is it common for the Hilton to make unexpected room changes?

Unexpected room changes at the Hilton are not common, but they may occur due to unforeseen circumstances such as maintenance issues or overbooking.

3. Will I be charged for the new room if I am unwilling to accept the unexpected change?

No, you should not be charged for the new room if you are unwilling to accept the unexpected change. However, it is best to speak to the front desk staff to clarify the situation.

4. Can I request a specific room type during check-in to avoid an unexpected room change?

Yes, you can request a specific room type during check-in. However, please keep in mind that room availability is subject to change and the hotel may not always be able to accommodate your request.

5. How can I prevent unexpected room changes from happening in the future?

To prevent unexpected room changes from happening in the future, you can book directly with the hotel and confirm your reservation a few days before your arrival. Additionally, you can also join the hotel's loyalty program for potential room upgrades and better communication with the staff.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef