1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I booked a room with the Hilton for 2 beds/2 baths (that was one of

1. stephs_chef

stephs_chef Novice Member

I booked a room with the Hilton for 2 beds/2 baths (that was one of the choices when I booked the room). I called last week to add one of the roommates names on . . and it was all good. Today, I called to add our 3rd person and the reservation person told me I couldn't do it because the room
    we were getting was a king bed and you can't put 3 in a king room. She could put us in a king suite for 700.00 a night. Ugh, yeah no thanks. We might be able to get a roll away for an additonal $40.00 a night. Puleaze!
    :grumpy:

Jul 6, 2009
  2. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Re: Grrrrr

You call the booking company? If you have a copy of the original reservation, you get on them about it. If it states the two beds/2 baths - you hold them to that!

Jul 6, 2009
  3. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

What he said!

If you have documentation, don't let them give you the runaround!

Jul 6, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I agree, you should have received an email with your original confirmation.

Jul 6, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Absolutely! (what they said)
    The ONLY rooms available at the Hilton when registration opened were 2B/2B rooms. If Experient messed up, they should make it right for you (good luck with that, though - people have had problems with them in the past).

Jul 6, 2009
  6. chefjeanine

And don't take a smoking room if you requested non-smoking. Ugh, we did that last year (for one night) because that was the only 2b2b rooms they said they had available. I was miserable all night and our clothes reeked! Tell them you are allergic.

Jul 7, 2009
  7. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Yes... call and let them know...fax your paperwork back to them if you need to. If they still won't change it make them give you a big discount. In Dallas we paid for a suite and when we arrived they said...your room is new and there is no furniture except the beds and dresser. And they still wanted to charge us suite rate for a bedroom and an empty room...which was suppose to be for our meetings. Hello...no way are we paying an extra $50 bucks for an unusable room. We had to complain to 3 people but we got it for a double room price.

Jul 7, 2009
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

They tried to do this to me last year and I wouldn't budge. I didn't end up getting into the proper room til after midnight and then I also got a free night out of them.

Stand your ground.

Jul 7, 2009
  9. stephs_chef

When I called the booking company they said I needed to talk to the Hilton. My sister is a travel agent and she said to first ask for a manager nicely . . then start getting upset if need be. I'd be ok with a king room and a rollaway as long as we don't have to pay for the rollaway.

Jul 7, 2009
  10. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

make sure you get names of everyone you speak with...

Jul 7, 2009
  11. chefjeanine

But if you made the original reservation through the booking company, they should have to work with the Hilton to solve the problem. Seems to me that this is why PChef uses them.

Jul 7, 2009
  12. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Experient is useless. They did not process my cancellation (even though I cancelled by the deadline) and told me there was nothing they could do and I should call Pampered Chef. Huh? the HO has NOTHING to do with hotel reservations!

Call the Hilton directly--that's what I ended up doing and they were very helpful.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    Jul 7, 2009
  13. Flamingo

Deb did you get a refund????

Jul 7, 2009
  14. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Any news Steph?

15. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There was a cutoff date for making changes with Experient, which would be one reason to deal directly with the Hilton. Have the housing form from CC in front of you, so that if need be, you can fax it to the Hilton to show that the ONLY choice for Hilton rooms was 2B/2B.

Jul 7, 2009
  16. stephs_chef

No news . . the front desk person said I should request 3 keys as soon as I get there (not sure what that would do???) but I will deal with it when I get there. Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and suggestions.

I'm taking the train from Lansing and should arrive in Chicago around 1 . . hoping that gives me plenty of time to deal with all of this.

Jul 7, 2009
  17. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

be prepared for a long line at the Hilton

18. Flamingo

What does the original reservation say you are susposed to get??? I would for sure have copies of all the email you did and the confirmation email from experient... Show them this and make them give you a better room for the same price as you have already paid for....or at the very least what you paid for....

Jul 7, 2009
  19. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'm supposed to be getting one--hasn't posted yet. Hilton said it could take 3 or more days. I will be watching.

Jul 7, 2009
Have something to add?