• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First National Conference: Applying What I Learned!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the success of attending a national conference and implementing new techniques and strategies in the business. These included utilizing a show planner, highlighting certain sales goals, sending out a separate letter with coupons, and offering additional incentives to hosts. This has resulted in an increase in show averages, bookings, and overall success in the business. The conversation also touched on the impact of attending conferences and the value of stepping out of one's comfort zone to learn and grow.
kayleigh
I attended my very first national conference this year. I have been in business since November 2007 and was never able to attend. I learnt so much and I have taken many things I learned and applied them to my business. I wanted to share with you some of these changes because maybe they will help you.

I took the class Top Seller Show How. I took so many notes during this class and immediately came home and applied most of what I learnt. I can tell you now that these tips have worked out beyond my belief.

One of the tips I learnt was to use my show planner to my advantage. I highlight the $700 line and write average beside it real big and underline it. She suggested highlighting any row between $600-$800. No one wants to be below average; therefore the host will work towards this goal. I host coach a lot around this 700 level. I mention it several times during host coaching and also during the show several times.

I send out my host packet as normal but I also send out a letter with a coupon sheet a couple days later so it arrives separately; another suggestion from this class. The letter explains tax, shipping, who to make checks out to, etc, but the coupons are for things I coach on anyways. They are for additional host credit that I pay for. $5 for having $100 in pre-orders, $5 for $500 in show orders, $5 for $100 in post show orders, $5 for 3 bookings (they can be one of the bookings) and $5 for doing my dishes from their show. They can practically walk away with $25 extra from me for doing all of this; which provides with me a $700 show (minimum) which my commission (base) would be $140. So spending the $25 is worth it to me. Catalog show coupons are a little different but along the same lines.

Since doing this, I have had 2- $1000 shows, which before going to conference was non-existent. My show average has gone through the roof and bookings are coming in as well. I am a believer now!

I wanted to share this with you as I am submitting my second $1000 show since going to National Conference and applying what I learnt.

Re: Success!Thanks! This idea is great!

Re: Success!Congratulations!!!

I agree, having a goal circled can make all the difference. I do the same thing, but I circle the $1,000 level. (Learned it on the "High Impact Host Coaching" CD)

I've had 21 Cooking Shows this year (yes, being lazy!) and 6 of them have been over $1,000.

**Year-To-Date**
Commissionable Sales (KFB): $17,040.22
# of Shows: 21
Average # of orders per show: 11.5
Sales Average: $811.44​

Re: Success!I'd really love to download a copy of the coupons if you have them available? Cooking and Catalog if I can be annoying! :)

Re: Success!
pamperedlizf said:
I'd really love to download a copy of the coupons if you have them available? Cooking and Catalog if I can be annoying! :)

I want to be annoying too and see these as well :D

Re: Success!Great job! It is definitely rewarding when you see your efforts pay off. It must feel really good having accomplished all of that.

I too have noticed surge in my business since attending my first Conference. I have recruited 2 consultants - possibly a third, had five 1,000+ shows and had bookings galore. When my director said that going to Conference will change your business she was definitely right! I have already prepared my family for the fact that I am going back in 2011.
If you are unsure about whether it is worth the time and money, rest assured it is worth both if you are willing to step out of your "comfort zone", take what you learn and apply it.

See you in Chicago in July 2011!

Re: Success!Here are the attachments and letters for both cooking and catalog shows.

Attachments

• Catalog Show Checklist (KP).doc
    25 KB · Views: 828
  • Coupon Challenage- Catalog (KP).doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Cooking Show Check List (KP).doc
    25 KB · Views: 473
  • Coupon Challenage- Cooking Show (KP).doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 554
Re: Success!Those are great resources, thank you so much!

1. What is My First National Conference: Applying What I Learned?

My First National Conference: Applying What I Learned is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for consultants to gather, learn, and grow as individuals and business owners.

2. Where and when is the conference held?

The conference is typically held in July at a designated location in the United States. Check the Pampered Chef website for specific dates and locations.

3. Is the conference only for new consultants?

No, the conference is open to all consultants regardless of their tenure with Pampered Chef. However, it is specifically designed for those who have never attended a national conference before.

4. What can I expect to learn at the conference?

The conference offers a variety of workshops and training sessions to help you improve your business skills, learn about new products and promotions, and network with other consultants. You will also have the opportunity to hear from keynote speakers and attend special events.

5. How do I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference through the Pampered Chef website. Registration typically opens several months before the event. Keep an eye out for emails and announcements from the company about registration dates and deadlines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PampMomof3