• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simplify Your Business: Ideas to Help Streamline and Organize

In summary, Becky is simplifying her business by packing only what comes in the New Consultants Kit, finding a home for things when done, and trying to do it in 2008. She is also simplifying her life by doing things like having a last minute New Years Eve party and having DH work only until noon on Monday.
That is my problem. Well it isn't really a problem, but it doesn't help me to get rid of things. I have people to hand down my kids clothes to, but I also have people that give me clothes for my kids. Great on the wallet, but not on the storage.

climbercanoe3 said:
That is my problem. Well it isn't really a problem, but it doesn't help me to get rid of things. I have people to hand down my kids clothes to, but I also have people that give me clothes for my kids. Great on the wallet, but not on the storage.

So true! I have several boxes of clothes that are of varying sizes.....

Well, if you ever NEED anything Becky, yell. I'll ship a box to MI.

My girl stuff has been going to my niece. At first I saved...you know in case for another kid but now that we have 2 and are done...out it goes...it NEEDS to! I'm drowning in STUFF!

I wish everyone in my house would get on board with the getting rid of stuff. I throw things away pretty easily, especially clothes. Lately, if I really don't enjoy wearing something I've been taking it off the hanger and throwing it in a pile on the floor. It's been making it's way down the stairs to a bag, but I haven't taken the bags to Goodwill yet. I'm tired of holding onto shirts that don't stay tucked in or are just a bit off in my taste of color, etc. If it annoys me when I'm wearing it, it's out of here. If a shirt is too short in the sleeves for one of my sons, it gets passed down or put in a Goodwill bag. If a shirt is torn - into the garbage. Why are my guys so attached to clothes that they will wear them even if there is a hole or shreds? We aren't rich, but we sure aren't too poor to have "whole" clothing.
I just cleaned out some Christmas decor too. My biggest problem seems to be I don't like to throw things away if those things can be recycled. I hate the thought of my dislikes going to fill a landfill. But, I'm too lazy to do research. It ends up at Goodwill. I always toss broken things, recycle what I can, and then eventually donate.

You are lucky JAE...I tend to hang onto things because I paid good money for them and MAY need them. I am trying VERY hard this year to start and keep getting rid of stuff!

I guess all money is good, but I paid even more good money for my house, and I dont' want it filled up with CRAP! (Sorry for using that word.)

ChefBeckyD said:
Are simplifying and organizing the same thing?
Oops- I posted that organizing tip to the wrong thread. Sorry.

chefann said:
Oops- I posted that organizing tip to the wrong thread. Sorry.

No - don't be sorry.....I was just thinking out loud. :) Actually really wondering in my head if I have to be organized in order to simplify. Maybe I want to make things simple because I am disorganized.

I think they're related. Each helps the other. Simplifying is a form of organizing one's work, items, etc. And Organizing is a form of simplifying how things are stored.

I hate to get rid of anything! I am a former teacher/pack rat ugh! Everything can have a use if you think preschool! If I do get in the mood every so often to get rid of stuff it definitely has to go to a good home or even another home. I luckily live on a pretty busy street. So if the weather is nice or at least there is not a foot of snow on the ground, I can put it out by the road and put a free sign on it. Very little has made it to the trash can. Even some stuff that was meant for the trash has disappeared! :) So that helps when I want to finally get rid of something.
As for organizing, I do not have a failure proof plan for that. I have try to stay on task and keep organized after I do the initial organizing.

ChefBeckyD said:
There are already 2 outside brooms! - they were both in the front garage, and he said it was just easier and faster to grab my broom.:rolleyes:
I leave mine by the back door, and everyone knows they will get yelled at by me if they don't put it back. Of course, I'm pretty much the only one who ever sweeps the garage. If my DH swept anything, maybe I wouldn't care where he put the darn broom!

<h2>1. How can I simplify my business to work smarter, not harder?</h2><p>One way to simplify your business is to streamline your paperwork and processes. This can include using digital tools for invoicing and tracking expenses, creating templates for common tasks, and decluttering your physical workspace.</p><h2>2. What are some effective ways to organize my business?</h2><p>Consider using a project management tool or scheduling software to keep track of tasks and deadlines. You can also create a filing system for important documents and use labels or color-coding to easily find what you need.</p><h2>3. How can I make packing for shows and events easier?</h2><p>Limit the items you bring to shows to only the essentials, such as your New Consultant Kit and any necessary demonstrations tools. Take advantage of current promotions or specials to minimize the number of items you need to bring.</p><h2>4. Are there any specific techniques for simplifying during busy months?</h2><p>During busy months, it's important to prioritize and focus on the most important tasks. Consider delegating or outsourcing tasks that can be done by others, and don't be afraid to say no to additional commitments or opportunities.</p><h2>5. How can I simplify my business in order to make it more attractive to potential recruits?</h2><p>Showcasing a well-organized and efficient business can be a selling point for potential recruits. Consider sharing your streamlined processes and systems with them, and highlight the benefits of working smarter, not harder, in your business.</p>

1. How can I simplify my business to work smarter, not harder?

One way to simplify your business is to streamline your paperwork and processes. This can include using digital tools for invoicing and tracking expenses, creating templates for common tasks, and decluttering your physical workspace.

2. What are some effective ways to organize my business?

Consider using a project management tool or scheduling software to keep track of tasks and deadlines. You can also create a filing system for important documents and use labels or color-coding to easily find what you need.

3. How can I make packing for shows and events easier?

Limit the items you bring to shows to only the essentials, such as your New Consultant Kit and any necessary demonstrations tools. Take advantage of current promotions or specials to minimize the number of items you need to bring.

4. Are there any specific techniques for simplifying during busy months?

During busy months, it's important to prioritize and focus on the most important tasks. Consider delegating or outsourcing tasks that can be done by others, and don't be afraid to say no to additional commitments or opportunities.

5. How can I simplify my business in order to make it more attractive to potential recruits?

Showcasing a well-organized and efficient business can be a selling point for potential recruits. Consider sharing your streamlined processes and systems with them, and highlight the benefits of working smarter, not harder, in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • chefannie