1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I am tired.....

1. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

but it was worth it. I hosted my first show last night, and it went great. I sold five DCB's so far, and i still have a few people who have not turned in their orders. I'm glad I was able to get a DCB from Vanessa on here, because my supply shipment hadnt arrived yet in time for the party. I did the 10 min Jerk Pork Tenderloin Pasta Salad and the Touchdown Taco Dip. Everyone was amazed at the cooking ability of the DCB. woo hoo! :D

Jun 26, 2009
  2. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Good job!!!!!

3. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

Congratulations!

Jun 26, 2009
  4. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Great! That's awesome! I'm going to vend at a scrapbooking event tomorrow and I think I might make the Mexican Lasagne...I just love my DCB but have only had two hosts get it for my free - no purchases from customers.

Jun 26, 2009
  5. michelletx

michelletx Novice Member

Congratulations and here's to many more!

Jun 26, 2009
  6. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

These laides are all very familar (and most own) several pieces of the stoneware, but none of them had ever heard of the DCB.

The way I sold it, was explaining to them, that ... for myself, I can never get pork loin to stay most in the oven, since you have to cook it quite long to get the desired doneness. I explained how the DCB jurns your microwave into a mini "clay oven" and therefore, keeps the meat most while cooking it faster than traditional. I put the meat in raw, so everyone could verify it, and then set my timer. The ladies were amazed at how tender the meat was, and even asked someone to cut it for me, to see how tender it turned out. I also used the pocket thermometer and asked another guest to verify the temperature, to assure them that it was cooked to well done, and not undercooked in anyway, as some of them were worried aobut salmonella with it only cooking for 10 min.

I told them, how I loved cooking with it at home, because I didnt have to put my oven on for hours while turning my kitchen into a sauna, and in the time it takes for me to boil a pot of pasta, I have my meat already cooked, and it even has extra time to rest in the baker while I finished the rest of the dish.

It actually worked out perfect, with this month's special. because all the guest that bought the baker, also got the jamacian jerk rub featured in the recipie free , so it would be that much eaiser for them to replicate the dish at home.

I had tons of request for cookbooks featuring recipies for their new baker, however, I dont own any cookbooks yet, but many guest still bought them. I suggested 29 min to dinner, since I figured there may be some DCB recipies in there. It turned out really well, and I cant wait to hear how their meals turn out.

Jun 26, 2009
  7. Jane I am so glad you had great success!! Congratulations!!

--Vanessa

8. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

What a great job! Congratulations! I'm so glad someone was able to help you out and get a baker in time. Way to go! :)

Jun 26, 2009
  9. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Congrats! I have done 4 shows thus far this month and have only sold 1 DCB. They all ooh and ahh over the taste of the pork but no hits. Either my customers are not willing to spend the money or I am doing something wrong. I have a host tomorow that wants one but she is getting hers with free product value so that doesn't count in my mind. Congrats again! I'm jealous!

Jun 26, 2009
  10. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Congrat's on a great show!

Jun 26, 2009
  11. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Here is what I have for a DCB recipe flyer. I know, ideally, we want them to buy the cookbooks, BUT this is a great way to provide them with FABULOUS customer service.
    I e-mail to my customers and they have been very loyal.

Attached Files:

12. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Here is one I have posted here before but done a few tweeks to! It is a tri-fold and every customer I give it to loves it! You can cross-sell the 29 Minutes Vol 2 with the DCB... It's a great one!

Attached Files:

Jun 26, 2009
  13. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

Hi melissa, what part of PA are you from? I have not selling them either, I've trained the bundles ect, I make everything in the bakers but usually only get the hostess to get one.

Jun 26, 2009
  14. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm up the turnpike 'a piece or two' from you. Hmm or maybe 81...I get Pottstown and Pottsville mixed up all the time. I think you're the one down closer to Philly. Anyhow - to answer your question without the rhetoric, I am in Tunkhannock...30 min north of Wilkes Barre and 30 min west of Scranton. Little podunk town with lots of old world charm.

So is it a PA thing that we aren't selling as many DCB or is it us? :) (Ok I'll only speak for myself) I cook in it, they ooh and ahh over it and then nothing. I'm even running a bundle so to speak of my own. I listed a whole bunch of items they could get with a $99 order but no bites. My last show will be near, if not over, 700.00 and I hardly had any orders over the $60 for the rubs. I think either I'm not selling well or I have cheap customers. Not sure what my disfunction is. Other than one DCB, so far the most expensive item I have sold is 4 Ultimate Mandolins. Tomorrow my host is getting the cutlery set but shes using her half price item for that so pooey - that doesn't count.

I hope I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. One big thing I am noticing is by the time i finish my show and bring out the pork - they all have their orders done and ready to hand to me. Maybe I need to change up my show. I will tomorrow and see if anyone bites...

Jun 26, 2009
  15. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Jane, that number of DCB's is awesome! What a wonderful way to begin your business.
    You are onto the right track. Show the pricey items to reap nice sized orders. I was
    so gadget oriented that I focused on those things and did not have the volume in orders
    that you are beginning with. Congratulations. We can all learn a lesson from you!

Jun 26, 2009
Have something to add?