• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping a Local Church & Food Bank with a Trivet Fundraiser

I e-mailed them to you, but I don't know how to do that either...In summary, Traci is planning to do a RUFTH Trivet only sale as a fundraiser for a church's food bank. She also suggests holding a pancake breakfast and a raffle to raise additional funds. She plans to personally deliver order forms and promote the sale to local businesses. Some concerns are raised about taxes and raffles, but overall the idea is received positively. Traci is also unable to upload the necessary documents for the sale.
tvanhowling
I went to a Holiday Bazaar last Saturday on 11/14/2009, it was at a Salvation Army Church... no sales, a couple of leads and one of the items I had on my table was the RUFTH Trivet, people loved it..

I overheard the coordinator say they needed to raise money for their local food bank which is also part of the church....I offered to do a fundraiser where there they could get 10%-15% depending on sales. They seemed excited and wanted to set it up for Feb. 2010... I was brainstorming and decided to help the church and food bank (because I looked it up on Feeding America's web site and their food bank is part of the charity they give to), their church kitchen has old and donated pots, pans and tools...

Here is my idea... hold a local pancake breakfast ($3.00 per person {$1.00 for purchase of food, $1.00 to the Food Bank and $1.00 to the purchase of new kitchen products from the PC}), and conduct a raffle $1.00 a ticket; this would also help the church with the purchase of new products (under the Trivet only sale, because it would be a cooking show demo). The fundraiser would be the sale of the products and people could also buy and donate products to the church kitchen, and the church and food bank would receive the proceeds, I would also be willing to donate 5% from the Trivet only sale.

We would raffle off items under the host special, free or 50% items, like the food chopper, the medium bar pan and the classic batter bowl. All things I feel are staples in a kitchen.

Now for the Trivet only Sale... here is my idea... I have made up order forms, cash or check only, because I am planning on paying the shipping...I have also made up flyers for it... The church is about an hour from me, so I was thinking of driving up there and having a meeting with the pastor and handing out the forms and going to local business's with Trivet in hand and letting people see it first hand and see how many orders I can get that way and ask them to round up the order just to give a little more. My goal is 100 Trivets and at 13.00 a Trivet that is a good show and a lot of free and discounted products for the church, who then can use the new kitchen products for bakes sales and such....

Does anyone think I am crazy? I am really trying to help.

Traci

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..sorry I am new to this and did not understand the poll set up!
Tarci

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..What about the tax?? Who's paying tax on each RUFTH Trivet?? Maybe flyer should have Total of $14.00, Cost $13.00, tax ??, and Round up ??.

Just thinking really quickly.

Lisa

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..I think is this a great idea. Good thinking!

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..YOu need to make sure the church allows raffles, some of them it is against church rules, just an fyi! It sounds like a good idea though.

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..
Lisa/ChefBear said:
What about the tax?? Who's paying tax on each RUFTH Trivet?? Maybe flyer should have Total of $14.00, Cost $13.00, tax ??, and Round up ??.

Just thinking really quickly.

Lisa
Yes, tax, I put that on the flyer that states the Trivet after tax would be 14.24 and we are asking a round up donation of .76 to bring it up to 15.00.. if you would like to donate further.

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..
PCMomto4 said:
YOu need to make sure the church allows raffles, some of them it is against church rules, just an fyi! It sounds like a good idea though.
Thank you, I was not aware of that... that makes sense....

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..Have been thinking of doing somthing like this at my church. Can you post the flyer that you put together for the trivet sale. I love this idea. Please let us know how it works.

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..I tried to upload the Word documents and it states invalid file.... I have never posted them on here... I am so new to the site... if some one could advise me in how to post attachments it would be great... I tried by hitting 'Go Advanced' and uploading the attchments, it only allows me to attach the adobe file that I copied from consultants corner.
PLEASE HELP!! I want to share this with you all, because I am getting ideas and documents from here from all of you.
Traci

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..You mention a fundraiser and the host benefits going to the church. Remember that fundraisers don't get host benefits. So they would have to get either the 10-15% in cash or the benefits in tools. Or where you planning two different events?

pcsharon1 said:
You mention a fundraiser and the host benefits going to the church. Remember that fundraisers don't get host benefits. So they would have to get either the 10-15% in cash or the benefits in tools. Or where you planning two different events?
I understand what you are saying. I wanted to do a Trivet only sale for a show and a fundraiser of the regular products, that way they could benefit twice.

Sorry for the confusion,
Traci

Re: I am thinking of doing a RUFTH Trivet only sale, and a fund raiser for a church..A trivet only Fundraiser Sale sounds like a great idea!!! And simple too. Wish I had thought about that ages ago! But now you did... just another reason why this site is so helpful. Good luck! Hope you sell more than 100 !!!

What is a trivet fundraiser?

A trivet fundraiser is an event where Pampered Chef partners with a local church or food bank to sell trivets, which are heat-resistant mats used for placing hot dishes on, and donate a portion of the proceeds to the organization.

How can a local church or food bank benefit from a trivet fundraiser?

A trivet fundraiser can benefit a local church or food bank by providing them with a portion of the proceeds from the sale of trivets. This can help them raise funds for their programs and services, and also raise awareness for their cause in the community.

How does the trivet fundraiser work?

Pampered Chef will provide a selection of trivets for the organization to choose from, and they can then sell these trivets to their members or community. A portion of the proceeds from each sale will be donated to the organization.

How can I get my local church or food bank involved in a trivet fundraiser?

If you are interested in helping your local church or food bank through a trivet fundraiser, you can contact Pampered Chef and they will help you get started. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your fundraiser a success.

Is there a minimum number of trivets that need to be sold for the fundraiser to be successful?

There is no minimum number of trivets that need to be sold for the fundraiser to be successful. Every trivet sold will contribute to the overall donation amount for the organization. However, the more trivets that are sold, the more funds will be raised for the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • jcsmilez