• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rude Behavior: Dealing with Unwarranted Criticism

In summary, the customer was very sick and did not have the energy to follow through on a business appointment. The co-worker who was given the booth instead was rude to the customer over the phone and sent a nasty message after the appointment. The customer has called the supervisor and left a message.
pcnewbie72
I have been ill the past couple of days meaning in bed ill. I had previously to getting sick went on line looking for bridal expo/fair information.
I didn't call the man back because of illness as it was a stomach flu not coughing or anything like that.
He leaves me a rude message last night stating that I was not hungry enough to make my business go anywhere :eek: so he gave the booth to another pampered chef consultant. My problem is not that it was given away but that people can just assume and leave nasty messages without even knowing what they are talking about.
He called 1 time and the follow up was the nasty message.
People are so rude!!!!

Oh my!!That was rude. If it were me, I would call him back and tell him you were very sick and couldn't call him unless he wanted to listen to you puke over the phone. Then again, I say that, but don't know if even I could be that rude back. I would want him to know the truth though.

Make sure he knows and his supervisorYou really should let him know that is was very unprofessional for him to leave such a nasty message when he doesn't even know the situation. All professional business people must always give the benefit of the doubt to customers and people they deal with.
Circumstances may come up that may hinder the ability of some people to follow through on their promises, and committments.
You should talk to his supervisor and let him know of your experience. Maybe he will be more understanding and talk to the guy about his behavior.
Debbie

It was just really discouraging to hear someone tell me these things over
voicemail. Then tell me I lost the table out from another pampered chef consultant (because her credit card was approved) In his words.....
So I have called the supervisor and left a message because he is out on vacation until monday. Figures!
Thanks for listening to me complain! This place is great and has inspired me to do so many things with my business.

I would definetly let his superior know how rude, judgemental and presumptuios he was.

I agree I would call and ask to speak with the supervisor if he answers tell him you are his problem and you want to speak eith the person above him. Don't give him any infomation only tell your story once. Then I would start with how unprofessional he is. He should have atleast contacted you before he gave your booth away. You could have then explained how voilently ill yopu are and that is why you hadn't followed up. I would try to get your booth back, I realise this means you cut throat another PC consultant, but this person cut throat you. If you don't want you booth back tell them that because for this expereince you will NEVER hold a booth with them again. You may be 1 tiny consultant but they say a bad customer tells 100s more about there bad experiences versus there good ones. I wouldn't whant to work with a company like that I would just wait for the next one ran by a different org. Just my thoughts.

It is very unfortunate that when we are treated like this we can't help but be effected by it.

We know the truth, we know that we were mis-judged, we even know that we should let it go...not let it get to us....but gosh darn it...well it does.

I am soooo sorry that you were sick AND that you had to listen to such an awful message.

But do try to let it go. I most likely would not engage the ungentlemanly gentleman in an explanation...but then again, I just might and if I did I'd be sugary sweet and be extremely polite, and apologize profusely...saying something like..."I wanted to call you as soon as I could, to apologize. I have been so sick in bed and this is the first chance I've gotten. I could tell that you were very upset by the message you left, but I wanted you to know that you can rest assured that I am very serious about my business and my success. So, I thank you for your concern and am happy to know that you were able to fill my spot with someone else on short notice.

Also, it is unfortunate that your existence is so sad that you have to jump to conclusions about people you don't know and situations you know nothing about. Hopefully, your life will get better so that you can make fewer people misrable in the future. Take care, bye now!"

Ok, this last part I would probably only say in my head, but you never know about me. And either way, I'd feel better! ...if I didn't just let it go...

Last edited:
That was really good Linda! I like it!

I wonderwhether you could find out who the other consultant is and contact that person. Maybe if you explain your situation then they would share the booth with you. I know I would. And my experience has shown that unless it is an extremely SMALL fair, there is always enough work for several consultants.

1. How do I handle rude behavior from a customer during a Pampered Chef party?

The first step is to remain calm and professional. Listen to the customer's criticism and try to understand their perspective. Apologize for any issues and offer a solution, such as a replacement or refund. If the customer continues to be rude or unreasonable, politely end the conversation and consult with your manager for further guidance.

2. What if a customer is being rude to me personally?

It's important to remember that the customer's behavior is not a reflection of you as a person, but rather a reaction to a situation. Stay professional and do not take their comments personally. If the customer's behavior becomes verbally abusive or threatening, it's okay to excuse yourself and seek assistance from a manager.

3. How can I prevent rude behavior from happening in the first place?

One way to prevent rude behavior is by setting clear expectations and boundaries with customers. Make sure they understand the policies and procedures of your business, and be firm in enforcing them. Also, always maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with customers, as this can often diffuse potential conflicts.

4. What if I receive unwarranted criticism from a coworker or supervisor?

If the criticism is unwarranted or unprofessional, it's important to address the issue calmly and respectfully. Explain your perspective and try to find a resolution together. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to speak with a manager or HR representative for further assistance.

5. How should I handle rude behavior on social media or online reviews?

It's important to respond to negative comments or reviews in a timely and professional manner. Acknowledge the customer's concerns and offer a solution or apology. If the comments are particularly rude or inappropriate, it may be best to address the issue privately through direct messaging or email.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LCOLACHICO
  • tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • wadesgirl