• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Relocate My Business?

In summary, The speaker recommends advertising in a local paper, attending a show at a local 4H fair, and having several catalog shows lined up to minimize the stress of relocation.
freddydress
Gold Member
My husband and I are moving from Seminole FL to Birmingham AL next month and I would like any tips about moving my business. I've listened to a couple audios re that but would like to hear from someone who has gone through the experience. Thanks so much.

I moved and my business boomed! Ask for referrals from your friends, family and customer base. I had 1 show booked when I moved and it made me feel so much better. Line up catalog shows for at least the next 2 months...that way you buy some time to get unpacked on your feet without worrying about sales. I offered and incentive for catalog shows that had over $500 in sales, and all but one took advantage of it...a free cookbook of your choice. I also found a vendor event...it wasn't big, but 1 lady booked a show and almost 2 years later I could probably trace 60-70% of my business back to her. I paid $20, sat outside on a HOT May Sat on Mother's Day weekend, and totally re-launched my business.
Think about how much money you have to spend...I advertised in a small local paper and booked a show and got several orders as well. Carry the tote bag, and strike up conversations with folks...you'll be amazed where that might lead. If you have kids, they will need playmates...start forming relationships with the new friends' moms. They may not book right away, but at least they know what you do, and when the time is right you'll be ready!
Don't get discouraged! Don't let people tell you "there are a ton of consultants in the area" or "no one would be interested in that"! Go in this move with a positive attitude and a smile on your face...you will succeed, your business will grow, and you'll meet some great people along the way!
As I think of more I'll post, but this is off the top of my head!

At the last National Conference I attended an awesome workshop on Moving your Business. The MP3 play back is post still on the website. Many unique ideas.

I attended this workshop not because I am or have moved my business but because I have several downline consultants that move and felt it would help me help them.

I've moved my business several times and I agree that the best thing to do is find a small booth to run. I did a two hour stint at a 4H fair and can trace more than half my business back to the two shows I booked from there. I also think that having several catalog shows lined up is great because it gives you the buffer that you need to get relocated without the stress of finding a show right away. Good luck. I will be moving from Southern New Jersey to Colorado Springs area in the early fall.

Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming move to Birmingham, AL! I can understand that moving your business can be a daunting task, but I'm here to offer some tips to help make the transition as smooth as possible.Firstly, make sure to update your contact information on all of your business materials, such as business cards, flyers, and social media profiles. This will ensure that your customers in the Birmingham area can easily reach you.Next, reach out to your current customers and let them know about your move. This can be done through a personalized email or a social media post. You can also offer a special promotion or discount to thank them for their support and to encourage them to continue ordering from you even after the move.It's also a good idea to connect with other pampered chef consultants in the Birmingham area. They can offer valuable insights and advice about the local market and may even be able to refer new customers to you.Finally, make sure to update your shipping and delivery options for your customers. If you usually deliver products to your customers, you may need to adjust your delivery radius or find a new shipping method to accommodate the distance between Seminole and Birmingham.I hope these tips help make your move a little easier. Best of luck with your business in Birmingham!

What are the first steps I should take when relocating my business?

The first step you should take when relocating your business is to create a detailed plan. This plan should include a timeline, budget, and specific tasks that need to be completed. It's also important to notify your employees, clients, and vendors of the upcoming relocation.

How do I choose the best location for my business?

When choosing a location for your business, consider factors such as the cost of rent or real estate, the target market in the area, competition, and accessibility for employees and customers. It's also important to research the local laws and regulations that may affect your business.

What are some common challenges I may face when relocating my business?

Some common challenges when relocating a business include finding a suitable location, transferring utilities and services, notifying clients and vendors, and managing the logistics of moving equipment and inventory. It's important to carefully plan and anticipate these challenges to minimize any disruptions to your business.

Do I need to update my business license and permits when relocating?

Yes, you will likely need to update your business license and permits when relocating to a new location. Contact your local government offices to find out what steps you need to take to update your licenses and permits.

Should I hire a professional moving company for my business relocation?

Hiring a professional moving company can help make the relocation process smoother and more efficient. They have the experience and resources to handle the logistics of moving your business equipment and inventory. However, if you have a small business, you may be able to handle the move yourself with the help of your employees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Illine Smith
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ngokxit
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kristina21
Replies