1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I am relocating my business

1. freddydress

freddydress Novice Member Gold Member

My husband and I are moving from Seminole FL to Birmingham AL next month and I would like any tips about moving my business. I've listened to a couple audios re that but would like to hear from someone who has gone through the experience. Thanks so much.

Apr 20, 2009
  2. missyciccolella

missyciccolella Advanced Member

I moved and my business boomed! Ask for referrals from your friends, family and customer base. I had 1 show booked when I moved and it made me feel so much better. Line up catalog shows for at least the next 2 months...that way you buy some time to get unpacked on your feet without worrying about sales. I offered and incentive for catalog shows that had over $500 in sales, and all but one took advantage of it...a free cookbook of your choice. I also found a vendor event...it wasn't big, but 1 lady booked a show and almost 2 years later I could probably trace 60-70% of my business back to her. I paid $20, sat outside on a HOT May Sat on Mother's Day weekend, and totally re-launched my business.
    Think about how much money you have to spend...I advertised in a small local paper and booked a show and got several orders as well. Carry the tote bag, and strike up conversations with folks...you'll be amazed where that might lead. If you have kids, they will need playmates...start forming relationships with the new friends' moms. They may not book right away, but at least they know what you do, and when the time is right you'll be ready!
    Don't get discouraged! Don't let people tell you "there are a ton of consultants in the area" or "no one would be interested in that"! Go in this move with a positive attitude and a smile on your face...you will succeed, your business will grow, and you'll meet some great people along the way!
    As I think of more I'll post, but this is off the top of my head!

3. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

At the last National Conference I attended an awesome workshop on Moving your Business. The MP3 play back is post still on the website. Many unique ideas.

I attended this workshop not because I am or have moved my business but because I have several downline consultants that move and felt it would help me help them.

Apr 21, 2009
  4. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I've moved my business several times and I agree that the best thing to do is find a small booth to run. I did a two hour stint at a 4H fair and can trace more than half my business back to the two shows I booked from there. I also think that having several catalog shows lined up is great because it gives you the buffer that you need to get relocated without the stress of finding a show right away. Good luck. I will be moving from Southern New Jersey to Colorado Springs area in the early fall.

Apr 21, 2009
Have something to add?