• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Submit a $51 Show? Help Me Close My Friend's Party!

In summary, my friend who I used to work with wanted to have a show and buy a piece of Chillzanne. Being a good soon to be consultant, I said that's great, July is Chillzanne month and you can recieve the rectangular piece for 60% off!!! :D She oohed and ahhed and was very excited. So, even though I'm not a consultant yet, I called my recruiter and told her the story and she says that she will send her a host packet in my name and help me coach her. Well, my consultant does exactly what she said she would do and my friend is so excited!! ME TOO! I've called her 3 or 4 times and talked to her about her
DZmom
I called a friend of mine, who I used to work with, when I decided to have a show so I could knockoff some of the kit price. I asked her point blank if she would like to order anything and she said no, BUT! Here's the but, She wanted to have a show and buy a piece of Chillzanne. Being a good soon to be consultant, I said, that's great, July is Chillzanne month and you can recieve the rectangular piece for 60% off!!! :D She oohed and ahhed and was very excited. So, even though I'm not a consultant yet, I called my recruiter and told her the story and she says that she will send her a host packet in my name and help me coach her. Well, my consultant does exactly what she said she would do and my friend is so excited!! ME TOO! I've called her 3 or 4 times and talked to her about her show and she was always very positive and everything, so I thought, no worries. She works in a factory that employs over 1000 people and I know for a fact that a $150 show is a cake walk in that place. You just have to shove the book in people's faces. The last show I did there was nearly $400! and I didn't even try to get any orders. This is a very successful AVON lady. She knows direct sells. So, I called her tonight to close her show. She was 2 orders, totalling less than $35 and she didn't even ask the 3 people I told her to ask.

So, here's my question, I don't know what to do? I can't submit a $51 show, can I?

Help me PLEASE!!

I'm so sorry to hear your frustration...I know how frustrating this can be!
You did everything right...this is a rare occasion.

As for my advice, I'm not sure exactly where to steer you. When will your agreement be submitted? If soon, and you have another show to submit fairly soon, you can add these two orders to another show, and make your work friend a co-host on the show. She will still get the host discount and past host discount on the show. However---if you do this, you will have to pick these orders up from your other host, and deliver them to your work friend. Also, your work friend will not have the opportunity to purchase her chillzanne at 60% off unless the other hostess does not want to take advantage of the offer.

That is the nicest thing I can think of to do. You don't want to make her upset (especially if she works with 100 people), but you cannot make an exception to the Pampered Chef guideline clearly stated on the Host Special Flyer. Pampered Chef only recognizes shows that are over $150 in sales. Let her know that if she'd like to keep her catalog show open, she can do so until she reaches her $150 in guest sales. You can still submit a show in August for a July show. It just needs to be turned in by August 31st.

I hope this doesn't sound confusing...hopefully this is helpful.

I would definately tell her she needs at least $150 in sales to make a show and ask her if she still wants to try to make it a show. I'm sure she could from what it sounds like if she made the effort. If not you can add her orders on someone elses show.

Thanks for letting me vent!Like I said I know from experience that she could have made this a really great show. She just didn't try. If she would have put out any effort she could have had $150 in orders no problem. I just don't know why she even bothered, if she didn't want to get anything for free. I've called my director and talked with her and I also called my husband. I feel better now that I've vented. I also talked with the ladies that ordered from her to let them know what I've had to do. I just added all their orders together and put it over on another show, which closes next Friday. I'm just mad because I know what kind of shows can come out of that place. It's not like she doesn't know anyone. She's worked there for almost ELEVEN YEARS now. She know nearly everyone in the plant. Sorry, I'm raving again!!

Vent away...We've all had our moments! I'm glad you got the orders taken care of. Sounds like you've got a pretty good director, too! :)

I always feel better when I vent too so vent away. Its better than keeping it all inside!

Last edited:

1. How can I prevent my food from burning in the oven?

One way to prevent your food from burning in the oven is to use a baking stone or sheet pan with parchment paper to evenly distribute heat. You can also try reducing the oven temperature and increasing the cooking time, or covering your dish with foil while it bakes.

2. What can I do if my food is sticking to my pan?

If your food is sticking to your pan, try using a non-stick cooking spray or oiling the pan before cooking. You can also try using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to prevent sticking. If the food is already stuck, try using a spatula or wooden spoon to gently loosen it from the pan.

3. How do I know when my food is done cooking?

The best way to know when your food is done cooking is to use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature. You can also use visual cues, such as the color and texture of the food, or follow a recipe's recommended cooking time.

4. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef products?

The best way to clean your Pampered Chef products is to hand wash them with warm soapy water. You can also use a gentle scrub brush or sponge for tougher stains. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Not all Pampered Chef products are safe to use in the microwave. It is important to check the product's label or instructions to see if it is microwave-safe. If it is, make sure to follow the recommended cooking time and power level for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies