• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stuck in Pampered Chef: How to Keep Going When Recruiting Falls Flat

In summary, Gina Miller is feeling frustrated with her lack of bookings. She was recruited and left, and everyone says to talk to her director BUT she IS her recruiter. She has not been to one PC cluster meeting and has learned a lot from this website. She is going to go door to door tomorrow, and is determined to stay with the company. She would like to know if anyone has ever called out of the phone book and if so, what they said.
d&w
I am kind of at a loss here. I was recruited and left!!! Everyone says to talk to your director BUT she IS my recruiter. I have not been to one PC cluster meeting...didn't even know they existed. I have learned so much from this site and I have been trying out different things that I have seen here. My problem is that I have no bookings left. I have booked out my family and few friends that I have here. I have posted flyers, spoke with everyone that I know and still come up empty. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I am going to go door to door tomorrow, maybe that will give me some leads. I would also like to know if anyone has ever called out of the phone book and if you did what did you say. I am that determined that I won't leave PC. I love the company and don't want to leave because I didn't get the proper training. Please help!! :confused:

I believe you can call Home Office and see about getting a Hospitality Director in your area (if any are available and close to you). Cluster meetings help tremendously to get you motivated and give you ideas. Do you work out anywhere? I belong to Curves and am able to talk to the women there and leave catalogs and business cards as well. If you have any kids in school - just mention it to any of the other parents you meet. Most have such a positive response to Pampered Chef that might lead to a possible show or individual orders. It's hard to get going especially if you don't have the support but there are plenty of people here who would be willing to help you out! Good luck to you!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

getting shows/ideasIf you can spare any catalogs *soon we'll have the brand new Spring/Summer* and I plan on taking the Fall/Winter and dropping off at Dr's offices, etc. Or giving to teacher friends to drop off, etc. Anything to get my name out in the community.

Just don't forget to put your info on the catalogs so people will know how to contact you.

Good Luck and Hang in there :)

Elizabeth
[email protected]

d&w said:
I am kind of at a loss here. I was recruited and left!!! Everyone says to talk to your director BUT she IS my recruiter. I have not been to one PC cluster meeting...didn't even know they existed. I have learned so much from this site and I have been trying out different things that I have seen here. My problem is that I have no bookings left. I have booked out my family and few friends that I have here. I have posted flyers, spoke with everyone that I know and still come up empty. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I am going to go door to door tomorrow, maybe that will give me some leads. I would also like to know if anyone has ever called out of the phone book and if you did what did you say. I am that determined that I won't leave PC. I love the company and don't want to leave because I didn't get the proper training. Please help!! :confused:

Your director would actually need to request a hospitality director for you from the HO. That's really too bad that she didn't inform you about cluster meetings. Even if she's not close to you, she should still get you hooked up with a hospitality director. Do you know who your upline director is? That would be your director's director. If you don't know, the HO should be able to look that up for you and I'd maybe contact her if you don't get anywhere with your own director.

There are so many others who feel the same frustration you're feeling about lack of bookings. The nice thing about cluster meetings is you can all brainstorm and think of great ways to solve that problem. I hope you can get connected with a good hospitality cluster soon! :)

The information for your upline director is also on the top of your paycheck form available for view under CC.

I had the same thing...D&W, the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. However, I was able to go to 2 or 3 cluster meetings before she up and left and then I moved from TX to NH. I remembered who the upline director was and she is going to help me get better connected here in NH. It may take you a little investigating or a few minutes of phone calls, but you will be taken care of. The Cluster meetings are a MUST. I am just getting back into the business after living out of the country for over a year. I'm dying to get connected again!
Have you tried dropping letters off for realtor's? Did you get any more bookings off the shows you had earlier? If you live in an area where you can do this, you can also have a party for your neighbors...just some thoughts off the top of my head. I don't live in a place where I can do that, so I'm curious to know how those work out in case we ever move.

Also, the dropping off of the catalogs at the Dr's offices is a great idea. I didn't think of that!! Will be doing that very soon.

Christi :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been there and know exactly how you feel (only not with PC), luckily I do have a great recruiter who happens to be my director.

My suggestion is to send your recruiter/director an e-mail that says something like this:
Hi Jane, I just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling very left out. Isn't there some kind of training or meetings that I should be attending? If so, I haven't heard about anything. I've logged onto www.chefsuccess.com and learned about cluster meetings and things. Do we have any of those?

I am getting very frustrated and want to be excited about Pampered Chef, but it's getting hard when I feel so alone. I'm hoping you just overlooked me and haven't totally forgotten about me.

Please let me know what I can do. Any suggestions would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
XYZ​

This lets her know how you feel and yet is not confrontational which would be off-putting to all parties involved. But it's just a suggestion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Good Luck and remember...we're here for you and with you, so you aren't completely alone.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas and great support. I am doing a neighborhood "open house" at my home on the 24th and I also have 9 counties that want to do a PC fundraiser for relay for life. You all have been very supportive here and I just want to say Thank You! I now know that I belong to the PC family. You all are GREAT!! :)

Ideas!!!!I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some great ideas to get more bookings. I got my starter kit two weeks ago and I have 2 shows in march,3 shows in April and everyone wants to do shows after the new stuff comes out,but I am to excited I want to do shows now.Does anyone have any good tip? Any help is greatly appriciated. :)

Bring catalogs (if your director/recruiter have given you some or when your kit arrives) and hand them out everywhere: to your other job if you have one, to kids events, etc.

See if you can get a family member or friend to host a practice party...no sales pressure, but you get to reherse in front of people and eat and have fun...

Hope this helps.

d&w I highly reccomend contacting HO to get set up with a hospitality group. I have been going to meetings with my Hospitality group since about 3 months after I started PC. It has really helped My Career. My Director lives over 7 hrs. away so there is no way I am driving to northern MN once a month! LOL...

Paulette

1. How can I stay motivated when I'm struggling to recruit new consultants?

Recruiting can be a challenging part of any direct sales business, but it's important to remember why you joined Pampered Chef in the first place. Focus on the benefits and rewards of being a consultant, and reach out to your upline or other successful consultants for support and advice.

2. What are some effective ways to reach potential recruits?

One of the best ways to find new consultants is by leveraging your network. This includes friends, family, coworkers, and even acquaintances. You can also attend local events and fairs, use social media to connect with potential recruits, and host your own parties and events to showcase the benefits of joining Pampered Chef.

3. How do I overcome objections from potential recruits?

When someone expresses hesitation or objections about joining Pampered Chef, it's important to listen and address their concerns. Explain the benefits of being a consultant, such as flexibility, discounts on products, and potential income. Share your personal experiences and success with the business to show them what is possible.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when recruiting?

One of the biggest mistakes is being too pushy or aggressive. Remember to always be genuine and authentic when talking about Pampered Chef. It's also important to listen to the needs and concerns of potential recruits and not just focus on making a sale. Another mistake to avoid is not following up with potential recruits. Set a reminder to check in with them and see if they have any questions or are ready to join.

5. How can I make recruiting more fun and engaging?

Recruiting doesn't have to be a daunting or boring task. Get creative and have fun with it! Host themed parties or events, offer incentives for new recruits, and collaborate with other consultants for joint recruiting efforts. You can also try using different methods, such as videos or graphics, to showcase the benefits of joining Pampered Chef in a more engaging way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cookinforyou