• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I am finally home!

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
We finally got home this evening. China was awesome and so different than I had ever dreamed it would be! I was amazed at the number of people there I have never seen so many people - every where you look there are people. The streets are crowded with bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, cars, taxis, buses...and more people. Traffic is horrendous there. And it was HOTTER than Hades too! The entire two weeks we never saw the sun. The Chinese people tell you that it is the haze against the mountains, but I personally believe that it was air polution and smog!

I missed all of you and I will post some photos as soon as I get a chance to download them (I have over 1000 pictures to go through so some of them should be good).

PampChefJoy

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2005
It is smog. Pollution is bad there. But it's a pretty amazing nation with a rich history and lots to see. Glad you had a good time!

Crystal Patton

Advanced Member
Sep 29, 2008
You were gone? JUST KIDDING!!!!

I'm soo jealous!! I would LOVE to go to China, I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Glad you're back. Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to see your pictures. How exciting it must have been.

(So, how were the toilets? :D)

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
Glad you're back. Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to see your pictures. How exciting it must have been.

(So, how were the toilets? :D)

hahahaha - I took a picture just for ya'll (and John)! LOL

the public toiltes were pretty nasty. they usually had both the "squatters" (Turkish Toilet) and the "sitters" (regular toilet). However - you still had to do the "Hover Maneuver" on the "sitters" (there were not enough sanitary wipes available to make them appealing)....kwim? LOL

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
eeeeuuuwwww...... Did your stash of supplies last the whole trip? Both the TP and the creamer. :)

Missed you, but glad you had a great time. Maybe I'll phone you today...

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
I just finished downloading my pictures and there are 2016 of them! (that is mine and my SIL's) I stil need to get DH's so I can merge them all and put together a photo album.

here are a few though:

Jacob and some Chinese Girls that wanted their picture made with him:

123.jpg

The Summer Palace:

137.jpg

Lotus Flowers:

140.jpg

Bamboo Raft on the Yagntzee River:

1457.jpg

On the Yangtzee River:

1489.jpg

Motorcylce truck:

1543.jpg

Having dinner:

1977.jpg

Last edited:

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
Here are more:

Sea of apartment buildings (it was like this everywhere!)
2014.jpg

A truck in Yangshou:
1546.jpg

The Terra Cotta Warriors (FASCINATING!)
373.jpg

Internet Cafe - looks safe, huh? LOL
501.jpg

Rooftops:
578.jpg

Riding a Sampan in one of the Three Gorges Tributaries (Yangtzee River)
841.jpg

Last edited:

Ann F

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2004
What wonderful memories you and your family created!! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for sharing the fabulous pics!