• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Quit: Overcoming the Struggles of Pampered Chef

I feel lost and empty every time someone cancels or swiches dates. I dont want to lose my sales. every time i do good i get empty again and again. i work hard at it but somehow it does not work. Can any of you convince me not to quit? i am not sure yet.In summary, the speaker is feeling discouraged and empty due to a lack of bookings and cancelled shows in their Pampered Chef business. They are considering quitting, but other experienced consultants encourage them to stay positive and continue trying. They suggest assessing personal goals and the love for the opportunity before making a decision. One consultant also shares their own success with hosting their own show during a low period.
milkangel
I think i am done doing PC. I have not submitted ant show in July except 2 I orders. ( only one thing each). I had called a host today and she wants to wait till september. and i have 2 yet this month but one i do not thing it will happen. i am empty. i burnt my contacts my resources. i have some that say this fall or winter but need now. I feel lost and empty every time someone cancels or swiches dates. I dont want to lose my sales. every time i do good i get empty again and again. i work hard at it but somehow it does not work. Can any of you convince me not to quit? i am not sure yet.

Got to say I feel for you. I too am in a major slump. I did my last scheduled party on the 1st of August. I have been on the phone and nothing. However, I refuse to give up. I know it is difficult but in 9 years of doing this, it happens. I am going to ask you two questions. Is this your sole source of income? And how much do you love this opportunity? That will help any of us answer that question.

I understand completely how you feel. I have been there before and I am sure I will be there again. :)

However, when I start to feel that way again I ask myself "Would I be making this same decision if all was going well with my biz?"

No this is not the only source of income. We have my hubbys Job.
I do love this opportunity. I love the stuff. i know the biz is the best but only if i can get people to book shows.

My feelings are to just take it one step at a time. I might not have as full of a calendar as I wish, but little by little I plug away. I am able to be active each month. I'm not in it to contribute to our family income, so really there isn't a pressure on me. We don't have monthly dues for being a consultant or anything, so why quit? You have people interested for upcoming months, so that means you are open for business. Take what you do have and look at it as a positive. Those shows could turn into more bookings. It can be frustrating, I know. I see the major success of others and feel like a failure. But I can't give into that negative thinking. It won't help me, it won't influence others to choose me. I have to stay positive and do all I can. If the shows dry up, and the leads dry up, then I go inactive. But if you have people interested and you like PC and want it to work, why quit? Hang in there. Find out what your goals are. If the business makes you happy and you enjoy it, don't quit. You don't lose anything by trying. But if you're tired of trying and don't want to anymore, that's for you to decide. Best wishes. :)

I also haven't had a show since July and feel your pain.

I am (I think) going to have my own show here and see how it goes.

It can't hurt. I am not going to do an open house, just a normal cooking show.
Might work for you too!

Kelly V.

Having your own show, is certainly worth the try. I did that in one of my low times,
got two bookings that happened, and they led two additional bookings. It boosted my
hopes, and I have hung in here for over four years. I've not done as many shows as
I would like but I'm thankful for the ones that have come along.

Talk with the person who recruited you, go to a group meeting, and send out a newsletter. I'm so glad I did not hang up my apron this past Spring when I let my
career sales go, and dropped back to 20% commission. I'm looking forward to the
new Catalog and the new Potato soup recipe selling DCB's this Fall.

milkangel said:
I think i am done doing PC. I have not submitted ant show in July except 2 I orders. ( only one thing each). I had called a host today and she wants to wait till september. and i have 2 yet this month but one i do not thing it will happen. i am empty. i burnt my contacts my resources. i have some that say this fall or winter but need now. I feel lost and empty every time someone cancels or swiches dates. I dont want to lose my sales. every time i do good i get empty again and again. i work hard at it but somehow it does not work. Can any of you convince me not to quit? i am not sure yet.

"I think I'm done giving up on PC. I have not submitted any shows in July, but had two individual orders. I called a host today, and she wants to hold a show in September! I have two shows booked this month, and though I feel one may not hold, I will encourage both hosts to invite just five friends, and challenge them to bring at least one friend. My calendar looks empty, and I've contacted everyone I can think of, so now I get to go out and make new contacts. Just like everyone else in the business, alot of hosts cancel or postpone, which means I can offer more dates to more leads. I work hard, and enjoy what I'm doing, and won't let challenges discourage me. Can anyone convince me of a good reason to quit?!"

This is what it looks like when you change the conversation in your head.

Thumbs up to Sarah's response. That's what I was thinking!Everytime someone comes with a "woe is me" post or a "convince me not to quit" post, I think, why? You already quit in your mind. You need to change how you view things and how you think. It isn't the business, it isn't the people, it is you and how you approach it. A good book is "Go for No", it really emphasizes how to make NO a positive thing in your head.

I had a good training class at confrence from Tammy Stanley. She had not cancellation or postponments for 7 years! Her trick - host coach! But the most important thing she said is say "thank you" to the host! She says something like this, "Lisa, the first thing I want to do is to thank you for hosting a show with me. Now I know that you already know this, but it is through hosts like you that I expand my business. I just couldn’t do it without people like you. So, I really, really want to thank you. And the best way I know how to thank you is to get you as many free products as I possibly can. In order for me to do that, “I’ll need you to follow these few coaching tips…..”

Try this on your two hosts and see if it helps them keep your show dates.

I know how you feel about giving up. I feel like that all the time because how can you not. I find that taking some time off really helps! I've been doing that lately, and putting values on what is important to you.

thank you milkangel for coming to the board instead of just hanging up your apron. that's why we're here. i have been in a slump pretty much the whole year and came very close to bailing out. then i realized that the slump is temporary but my love of the products and doing shows is long term. i have been just active many months, and am gearing up for a great fall...starting with hitting the phones and having my own show in september.

best of luck managing through this spell and being ready to kick tushie when the time is right

janetupnorth said:
Thumbs up to Sarah's response. That's what I was thinking!

A good book is "Go for No", it really emphasizes how to make NO a positive thing in your head.

Thanks for giving us a good book tip. According to Amazon it gets 5 stars. I love books like that and have a slew of them. I will check it out!

From the cover of the book "Yes is the destination, No is how you get there."

Stick with it! In the past 6 months my family has gone through a lot of things. I was lucky to have one show in July and looks like only one show in August. I learned a long time ago to look toward your future not the present. You have shows scheduled for September, so focus on September. I don't know if you are spirtual or not, but I have a picture at home that says, "When doors close, God opens a window". I've had a lot of doors closed, but God always and faithfully has a window open for me. Sometimes the windows feel like they are painted shut, and I have to apply effort to get them open, but that's okay. You'll recover.

lockhartkitchen said:
Stick with it! In the past 6 months my family has gone through a lot of things. I was lucky to have one show in July and looks like only one show in August. I learned a long time ago to look toward your future not the present. You have shows scheduled for September, so focus on September. I don't know if you are spirtual or not, but I have a picture at home that says, "When doors close, God opens a window". I've had a lot of doors closed, but God always and faithfully has a window open for me. Sometimes the windows feel like they are painted shut, and I have to apply effort to get them open, but that's okay. You'll recover.

I know what you mean by that. But sometimes it is hard to see it that way when you want it now.

You said you've bled your "list of 100" dry. But what about your customer-contacts?What about doing just plain 'ole Customer Care Calls- and NOT asking for anything yet. Just call to check on THEM and their products/needs. Then maybe ask them if there is any product that they have on a wish list that they'd like to know when it goes on special. With our upcoming specials- chances are decent they'll say "stones" or something like that. You can then let them know about the special, etc.Also- at season changeovers- I like to get mini's and for those contacts that have not purchased from me, or that I've not had contact with in a long time, I'd write a hand-written note about the new season, great specials coming up or describe some recipes I'm doing for the Fall, etc.....and send that note/card along with the mini and/or a flyer of the specials maybe. In the note, let them know you'll be calling in a few days or week to see if there is anything you can do for them.It only takes a couple of shows to rejuvenate your biz. It may be slow going, but what you do now builds the foundation for 3 months from now.

Amen Susan! My thoughts exactly.

susanr613 said:
thank you milkangel for coming to the board instead of just hanging up your apron. that's why we're here. i have been in a slump pretty much the whole year and came very close to bailing out. then i realized that the slump is temporary but my love of the products and doing shows is long term. i have been just active many months, and am gearing up for a great fall...starting with hitting the phones and having my own show in september.

best of luck managing through this spell and being ready to kick tushie when the time is right

Bobbi that is so "on it". Phenominal Phone calls I bet! Don't ask for what you want. Rather ask how you can help or how things are going and go from there.
I too am working on getting on the phone starting - maybe - tonight. I have some major financial issues to deal with right now and well, my mood is less than stellar and I am so afraid it will translate into those calls, but I can't fix money problems without money! milkangel, we have all been there. What you need to do is set your sights low. Sounds odd but just set a goal to make $150 in sales for the month. Do your own catalog party and feature the fall Discontinued products maybe at a small, and I mean small, discount. Maybe 5%. Especially since you will only make your minimum commission on a $150 party. Remember that minimum keeps it going long enough to get further. Something will click. It always seems to do so in this business. And you know what, I just gave myself an idea! Got to get on it!

I feel for you. I really do.The only business I've had since March (when I went full time again) has been due to the catalog tote and the fairs I've been too. But I stuck with it and am looking to have a VERY STRONG fall.Find a booth and WORK IT! Hang up flyers with tear-off things offering 10 percent off. Pamper a business the "new way" so you don't bake for people who don't want your products.

I have ben struggling with this the past few months. SO i have found something else thast i think might be better it is tastefully simple. who has done this and what is your views on it? i have done someany booths and i have little to show for it and also i have worked it hard. i now feel as if the lord is leading me to something different but i will coninue hopefully selling pc. what is the law on this selling another company and i will not combine the too.

milkangel said:
i have found something else thast i think might be better it is tastefully simple. who has done this and what is your views on it? i have done someany booths and i have little to show for it and also i have worked it hard.

Why do you feel Tastefully Simple will be "better" for you? Are you passionate about their business and the business model?

All direct sales companies are the same, in the fact that it takes a lot of work to make the contacts, build repitore and doing what's necessary to keep the biz moving forward.

Do you have a Director that you have expressed your concerns to?

I am not knocking Tastefully Simple I have been to a few of their shows, but I believe you have some cost with that. You have to purchase the dips for everyone to taste and I think ( I could be wrong) you have to have inventory??
I know the show I went to the consultant had most everything there and only had to order a few items.

I could be wrong through and if I am some one chime in...

But like the above post, it was mention direct sales is direct sales. You have to be passionate about what you are doing be cause it reflects the way you come across to others.
But if think you are having a hard time getting shows, will the other company fix that problem for you??

Just my 2 cents!
Kelly V. :chef:

The rules say you can't be a DIRECTOR and sell two product lines, but nothing about being a consultant and selling two. However, when I tried it, I found I did not have the energy and passion to run two businesses.

Do you LOVE the product? Will it be embraced by people around you? Are you passionate about it?

Yes, I have been next to TS people who have sold cash and carry left and right, but I have found that when it comes to any business, you get out what you put in.

Personally, I find that people in my life will not waste $10 on a spice or box of muffin mix these days.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Personally, I find that people in my life will not waste $10 on a spice or box of muffin mix these days.

I so agree with this statement. I have friends that are jewelry consultants and they have a hard time getting me to hold shows simply because I can't get excited about it and if I'm not excited, why would my guests be? I can't see spending $40 on a piece of jewelry but I can see spending $40 on products that I can use for the benefit of my entire family. That is one of the things that I love about PC and is one of the reasons that I have been successful selling......just my two cents.

I like a lot of the TS products, but I can't bring myself to spend money on them when I can pretty much make similar items myself for a lot less (especially with the Food Network just a few click away). But like everyone else said, you have to believe in what you to do in order to be successful in DS.

i will wait untill our additoin is done and when i can be more organized. Than i will see. i just need to do something different in this biz and try something different too. not wiching ds but need to find out why i cant do what i set my goals at. There is no director close here except 1 hour and 20 min away. I did ask my diector and there was nothing else for her to say. no shows close enough to watch. recruiter had quit and had never help me. so now what. need to change my show mat and what i say when i call on the phone so any one can help?

milkangel said:
i will wait untill our additoin is done and when i can be more organized. Than i will see. i just need to do something different in this biz and try something different too. not wiching ds but need to find out why i cant do what i set my goals at. There is no director close here except 1 hour and 20 min away. I did ask my diector and there was nothing else for her to say. no shows close enough to watch. recruiter had quit and had never help me. so now what. need to change my show mat and what i say when i call on the phone so any one can help?

For help on the show format: buy Belinda Ellsworth's cd's.
For help on the telephone: buy Tammy Stanley's cd's.

Also, a Director does not have to be close in order to help you. He/she "should" be able to help/work with you over the phone. If you are not getting the help from your Director then go above them, to their Director, and ask for help.

milkangel said:

I feel your pain.... I am contemplating hanging up my apron after almost 4 years:(. Still pondering it though. But I agree, we have the BEST Direct selling Biz out there!

Heather, I feel the same - lost my why and as much as I look I can't find it... PC is the best company, but I really know its time for me to hang it up... I am blessed to have been so successful in this business, and will continue to help those here who have questions, but might go inactive for the first time in 3 1/2 years and 150,000 in sales..

To the OP, have you watched the CDs that have come in changeover kits? Have you taken the online training?PC provides so many samples of how to do things. Watch those things they provide for free! :)Also, there are even calling scripts on CC...dig around there - LOTS of resources!

I am having a hard time coming up why quit and an exuse for it. the only thing i can comeup with is burnt contacts. Do have some that need to rescedual but that is it. any ideas? need to keep my sales. and i so want to stay home with my kids. i have done someany of my own shows and no one orders any more. from that. ideas please

Step out of your comfort zone: Go to a mall (NOT a Walmart or Target (etc) where people are trying to get in and out as fast as they can), somewhere people go to look for a while (or a zoo or museum), wear a logo shirt and your catalog tote and have recipe cards with your contact info stamped or labeled. Look presentable and approachable at all times and walk through the mall and into individual stores. Let other shoppers see you and your tote as you go through items on the racks. The objective is to talk with them about different things you're both finding in the store and hand out your recipe cards ("any good sales you've noticed?"), compliment them on something they say or they're wearing, etc. and start a conversation. From there, "it's great talking to you/you're fun to talk to. I am a Pampered Chef Consultant... would you be interested in gathering some of your friends together for some food and fun?"
You get the idea... (don't need a script).

heat123 said:
I feel your pain.... I am contemplating hanging up my apron after almost 4 years:(. Still pondering it though. But I agree, we have the BEST Direct selling Biz out there!

Don't do it Heather! We'd miss you too much.

If you don't feel you can do PC, you won't be successful with Tastefully Simple either! They are only spices etc and really I'm not impressed with them. They are higher than ours. You cannot combine the two "legally"!

Just to give you hopefully some encouragement. In July 2008, I had ZERO sales...not one show...not one online order...NOTHING! I prayed about it and asked God to show me if He wanted me to continue PC or not. I told Him that if He wanted me to quit to give me ZERO sales again in August! I had $250 that month and got several booths that I worked and made contacts at! I began to believe in myself because God showed me He was with me in PC. I got my first Recruit in November. Since November 2008, I have had only one month less than $1,000 and that was in January at $324! I have had 3 months of $2,000+. The difference? I started believing in myself again! I got out of my "circle of friends"! I never missed a Cluster Meeting or Training so I can absorb everything I could. I have done all the courses on Consultants Corner. My Recruit has been in a slump and I told her to go back and redo all the courses again to give herself a boost.

Check around your area for sports teams, churches, schools, etc. to do a fundraiser for! Go in happy and enthusiastic! Say, "I would love to help your "whatever" raise some money! PC lets your group sell anything in the catalog to raise money and not just a few special items! We have a great special this month. You can either let your Chairperson order the Host Special her/himself or raffle it off! Would you like some more details?" Go in very upbeat! Convince them you are better than wrapping paper, donuts, and car washes! Just don't "give away the store"! PC does a great job of Host Specials! Don't offer anyone extra free products to book a show! It rarely works and you lose money!

Hang in there! Don't burden yourself with more "stuff"! I may be wrong but I also think TS requires you to keep a lot of stock on hand...that is what one told me last October when I worked a booth beside her.

Listening to the recorded tele-classes available on CC can be a huge help.

how meany of you acually make soething at thsa biz? and how much?

on average I make $2000 to $3000 a month. I do 6-10 shows a month, but I also have a team under me. Making money at this business can be done, just have to pull up your bootstraps and do the work. Make the calls consistently (don't just give up after 1 whole night of calls and you called everyone and no one answered!) Get out and about, give away recipe cards to everyone you meet. Do fairs, ask for referals. I have a saying on my wall "When you know what you want and you want it badly enough, you'll find a way to get it" How bad do you want to stay in this business?

The key to this business is consistency. Commit to booking 1 show per week, make calls, contacts till you get these shows booked. Once you have the shows booked, then get the bookings from your shows. This way you aren't starting and stopping your business, it's like doing your 1st show all over again, all the time.

I wouldn’t be a consultant if I wasn’t making money. I’ve been able to purchase our cars with my income and contribute to other household bills.

The biggest perk for me is being my own boss. But, I’ve had to come to the realization (and sometimes I have to be reminded over and over again) that this business requires work and commitment. It is a job!

Are there overnight successes? Sure, but they are the exception not the rule. I’d wager that most of us who consider our businesses to be successful have worked at it for several years.

When I’m in a slump all I need to do is look at the employment ads and consider what it means to work for someone else. :yuck: That gets me moving again. :)

chefjeanine said:
I wouldn’t be a consultant if I wasn’t making money. I’ve been able to purchase our cars with my income and contribute to other household bills.

The biggest perk for me is being my own boss. But, I’ve had to come to the realization (and sometimes I have to be reminded over and over again) that this business requires work and commitment. It is a job!

Are there overnight successes? Sure, but they are the exception not the rule. I’d wager that most of us who consider our businesses to be successful have worked at it for several years.

When I’m in a slump all I need to do is look at the employment ads and consider what it means to work for someone else. :yuck: That gets me moving again. :)

Exactly.

I tell people all the time that while I love my job, I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't making money. I've worked for years to build my business to where it is today, and any success I have comes from just one thing. I didn't quit. That's it.

Here is a bit of advice that a very wise (and successful) PC Director once gave to me (Koolotus - where are you?!) when I was trying to earn my first PC Incentive Trip:

First do you really want it? If you do not truly want it and believe you will achieve it, nothing else will make a bit of difference. Some days will suck and you have to have a vision of your results to get it going. Once you've settled that, you need to figure out what ACTIONS will lead to results. I scheduled a sampling event at my house. I knew I needed recruits to promote so recruiting was not optional. I think you would agree it is not optional for your goal either. Then I printed my entire contact list, 2 years worth! You have more, buy extra ink, you'll need it!
Then I scheduled time with my family to be on the phone. I made calls for a set amount of time everyday! Phone calls are necessary. I started at A and did not pick and choose who I called. It is hard but you MUST NOT PICK AND CHOOSE! You will waste valuble time and miss great connections.
I wrote out a script, more or less.
It is 4 goofy questions.

Call everyone, tell them you are just calling to connect with your customers because of whatever reason and spend 2 or 3 miutes connecting. Then say "Well since I have you on the phone can I just take 2 minutes to ask you 4 goofy questions?"
1) Have you ever though about owning your own business?
2) Would you like to host a cooking or catalog show?
3) Can I put you on my email newsletter for recipes and specials every 6 weeks or so?
4)

Nope, no 4, I just wanted to leave my options open.
I asked everyone I called every question. Pretty much all of them were happy to hear from me and those who weren't...oh, well.
I guess for 4 you could ask for referrals, I get tons of referrals, but secretly I think it is because I don't ask for them

Of course you would have appropriate conversations and do the follow up.

Also, before you go to bed at night ask yourself if you have done enough today to get you closer to your goal. You will tell yourself the truth. Act accordingly.

And - I don't know if you are a spirirtual person or not, but this is a good motivator too:

RAISE YOUR LEVEL OF EXPECTANCY

God is extremely interested in what you see through your “spiritual eyes”. If you have a vision for victory in your life, you can rise to a new level. But as long as your gaze is on the ground instead of on your possibilities, you risk moving in the wrong direction and missing out on the great things God wants to do in and through you. It’s a spiritual as well as a psychological fact: We move toward what we see in our minds.

Your life will follow your expectations. What you expect is what you will get. If you dwell on positive thoughts, your life will move in that direction; if you continually think negative thoughts, you will live a negative life. If you expect defeat, failure, or mediocrity, your subconscious mind will make sure that you lose, fail, or sabotage every attempt to push above average. If you raise your level of expectancy, you will enlarge your vision.

It’s important that you program your mind for success. You must think positive thoughts of victory, of abundance, of favor, of hope. Each day, you must choose to live with an attitude that expects good things to happen to you. Start your day with faith and set your mind in the right direction, then go out expecting the favor of God. Expect to excel in your career and rise above life’s challenges. Believe God for a great future. You have good things coming!

THIS COULD BE THE DAY YOU SEE YOUR MIRACLE.

How meany of you have 2 kids that are under 3? and still do pampered chef?

No One has the exact same set of circumstances - so you really can't compare or make excuses based on kids/job/etc....

My director has 5 children, and when she started, she had a 2 yr old and a new baby. She is very successful in her business.

Many people work 1 or more full time jobs, have kids, and still maintain their business.

It's really just about attitude and perseverance.

ATTITUDE
by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

one of my team members has gone through 3 pregnancies with pc, her oldest is now 10 and youngest is 5.
another team member has 6 children youngest, 6 oldest 16, very busy life, and never does weekend shows and has earned TPC last 2 years/.
This can be done, I've seen it!!

Do you want to quit or do you want to stay?

All I hear from you are excuses and I think you have already made up your mind. If you want to stay, then make it happen! Quit whining and DO SOMETHING about it.

A very successful Director in my extended cluster had just moved here when she started her biz and she didn't know a sole! She walked her neighborhood and invited her neighbors to come to her first show, she talked to everyone she met, she asked for referrals - she MADE it happen. She had no local support, a newborn son and a POS DH.

Business will not come to you, you have to go out and find it.

To let you all know i dont want to quit but the questions id what my hubby had asked me because he talked to our sister in law that sold it 7 yeasr ago and she thinks differently about it and she really dont think is is worth the time and my hubby does think that people have not much money and saving and he thinks that about every one. his mom thinks that way so he will too. when he asked me how much i do i said very little on it and he said why keep going? SO i was doing my homework so i can tell him what some do. SO in my words and in between the line he wants me to quit but when i ask him he says no i did not say that. IAM NOT QUITING:) I want to stay. But i now need to change my show out line and what i give away at booths. What can i do? any ideas? I AM STAYING:)

milkangel said:

I do, I have 3 total: 7 ,just 3, and 1.5! I am VERY busy with my girls, but I am commited to make this business work. I am promoting to director this month, and I am so excited to earn Disney and celebrate with my family!

milkangel said:

I do. I have an 8 month old and an almost 2 1/2 year old. I plan my shows for weekend afternoons/evenings or weekday evenings, where my husband can be with the kids. Since I'm still nursing my 8 month old, I tell my hosts (and guests) of evening shows, that I will finish the "show" part around 7:15 and try to leave around 8, so I can get home to feed my baby. Since the guests are 99.5% female, they all understand. If your baby is bottlefed, then you have it even easier, since your husband can feed the baby and put him/her to bed.

It's not impossible with 2 young kids, it just takes a bit of juggling and desire to build your business/work your business. I enjoy Pampered Chef, doing shows, and talking to my hosts. I told the guests at my last show that this was my evening out, so we were going to have a good time. And we did...and I booked 3 shows. :)

Honestly, having read this thread...it kind of sounds as if you are done with PC, but looking for people to give you reasons to stay. You have gotten tons of great advice, but it comes down to you. Is PC your passion? Is the desire of your heart working your PC business? Building it? Stepping out of your comfort zone?

I've been where you are. I felt as if I'd dried up my leads, etc. I've taken a year off (due to family illnesses, deaths, and the birth of my DD/adjusting to life with 2). Now, I'm approaching it with a bit less "anxiety" and a lot more fun. My last show was a lot of fun. We did it as an interactive show/"girls hanging out in the kitchen" sort of feel. They all commented on what a good time they had. I wasn't stressed about remembering all the product info...or throwing out booking or recruiting one liners. I relaxed and had fun, and did remember most of what I wanted to. I did forget a few things, but they had no idea. Since I got 3 bookings, I figure I did something right. ;)

I've learned that PC is not a get rich quick kind of thing...but something you have to keep plugging along/keep working at. If life dictates that you are unable to do that, instead of getting out entirely, just take a few months off (yes you'll lose your career sales), and then approach it fresh and new! That's what I did and it seems to be working. :)

Good luck! I hope that things work out, however you want them, to your best benefit.

<h2>1. How do I overcome the struggles of being a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>It's important to remember that every business has its ups and downs, and being a Pampered Chef consultant is no different. It's important to stay motivated and focused on your goals, and to reach out to your team and mentor for support and guidance. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.</p><h2>2. What should I do if I feel burnt out and have exhausted my contacts and resources?</h2><p>Take a step back and reevaluate your approach. Are there any new strategies or techniques you can try to reach new customers? Consider attending local events or reaching out to your network on social media. Don't be afraid to try new things and think outside the box.</p><h2>3. How can I deal with cancellations and date changes from hosts?</h2><p>It can be discouraging when hosts cancel or change their party dates, but remember that it's not a reflection of your skills as a consultant. Stay positive and focus on the next opportunity. You can also try following up with the host to see if they would be interested in rescheduling for a different date.</p><h2>4. How can I stay motivated when I feel like I'm not making progress?</h2><p>Set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate each milestone. This will help you stay motivated and focused on your progress. It's also important to take breaks and recharge when needed. Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember that success takes time.</p><h2>5. Can you convince me not to quit?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to continue with Pampered Chef is up to you. However, remember why you started and what motivated you to become a consultant. Think about the positive impact you have on your customers and the joy you bring to their lives through your products. Don't give up on your dreams and goals, and don't be afraid to ask for help and support when needed. You can do it!</p>

1. How do I overcome the struggles of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

It's important to remember that every business has its ups and downs, and being a Pampered Chef consultant is no different. It's important to stay motivated and focused on your goals, and to reach out to your team and mentor for support and guidance. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

2. What should I do if I feel burnt out and have exhausted my contacts and resources?

Take a step back and reevaluate your approach. Are there any new strategies or techniques you can try to reach new customers? Consider attending local events or reaching out to your network on social media. Don't be afraid to try new things and think outside the box.

3. How can I deal with cancellations and date changes from hosts?

It can be discouraging when hosts cancel or change their party dates, but remember that it's not a reflection of your skills as a consultant. Stay positive and focus on the next opportunity. You can also try following up with the host to see if they would be interested in rescheduling for a different date.

4. How can I stay motivated when I feel like I'm not making progress?

Set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate each milestone. This will help you stay motivated and focused on your progress. It's also important to take breaks and recharge when needed. Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember that success takes time.

5. Can you convince me not to quit?

Ultimately, the decision to continue with Pampered Chef is up to you. However, remember why you started and what motivated you to become a consultant. Think about the positive impact you have on your customers and the joy you bring to their lives through your products. Don't give up on your dreams and goals, and don't be afraid to ask for help and support when needed. You can do it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedSD