• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Selling Pampered Chef? Need Advice? Get Support Here!

In summary, the new recruit's recruiter has moved to Pennsylvania, and has not had any guidance or support from her director. She recently ran into a problem with a show and called her second recruiter for help. The second recruiter suggested having an "Online Party" for herself so that she can take advantage of the free stone. However, she has not been able to get any response from her director or from the board. She is feeling down and does not know what to do.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I am 4 months new to selling PC. My recruiter moved from California to Pennsylvania. I haven't had anyone to guide me, support me or tell me how/what to do.
I recently ran into a problem w/ a show and called my 2nd recruiter who called me and gave me some help.
She suggested having an 'Online Party' for myself so that I can take advantage of the free stone. But so far I am not getting any feed back. I have had 2 Catalog Shows and 1 Kithcen show in the past 4 months.
I am feeling down, and don't know what to do.
Any advice?

Chozengirl said:
I haven't had anyone to guide me, support me or tell me how/what to do

Looks like you got over 4,000 ppl here to help you :)

Last edited:
Thanks AdminGreg! I am really hoping for advice and some help on ways to get some parties.

Hang in there...Melissa,
I've only been doing this since August, so I'm no expert, but this board is really where I learned the majority of my PC information. For my first few months I stayed up WAY to late every night reading post after post. (I had my second child in April so late at night was the only chance I got to read at all...) Although my recruiter is near by (and there to answer questions if I have them), my director is in another state and I almost never hear from here. This board took the place of the "director" relationship for me in my first few months. If you really need someone "live and in-person", contact your director and ask him/her to arrange for a hospitality director in your neighborhood.
As for drumming up business, I think that's the hardest thing for all of us just starting out. Look for any local organizations that have fairs, monthly luncheons, or newsletters. Just get your name out there...even if it means putting out some (small amount) of money to do it. For instance, I have a table at the monthly luncheon of a group of spouses that meets once a month at our Army base. In return for the table, the group asks for a door prize donation. I always give out gift certificates, made by me and redeemable only through me. I have yet to have one redeemed, but have gotten several shows out of the table... I also advertise in the monthly newsletter of a couple of organizations (it's only 5 dollars a month...one show will make up fo r that).
Other than that, I can't really suggest much that you're not already doing. I know it's scary when you run out of shows...that's the fear I am always battling myself. Just know that we are here to listen and be a shoulder if necessary....

Hang in there,
Sandy

How many phone calls have you made today? How many did you make yesterday? I know people are probably tired of seeing me preach this, but the phone is your direct line to success!
We can sit here and read post after post, and get great ideas, but until we get on the phone and call everyone we can think of, we cannot incorporate these ideas into our shows. An Online party may be a good idea for a show, but it is not going to attract you any repeat shows, which is what you need. The kitchen show is what your focus should be on while starting out.
Do not get discouraged, but do get on the phone. Also, home office offers lots of tele-classes. You will get your second wind if you'll listen to a couple of those too. And don't worry too much about not having your recruiter in your home town anymore (but I am curious why your Director doesn't follow up with you). Any questions you need answers to, you can either call toll-free now to home office, or you can always do a search on this site. I'd bet ya it's been asked before.

Do you have your List of 100 filled out? If so, make sure you contact all those people.. tell them that you're just starting out with your business, and could use a favor (hosting a show, or gathering some orders together). Whether or not you have it completely filled out, go back and expand your list.. include not just "friends" or "co-workers" but "friends' parents/siblings", and "husband's co-workers". If people don't seem to be booking, tell them that you're offering an awesome deal where they can get a "piece of the pie".. (aka "mystery host" or "10 for $1000" show). For every $100 someone collects in guest sales, they get a cut of the host benefits for the show.
Example: Get $600 in guest sales, split the benefits-- 2 shares of $75 FPV each, 2 shares of one half-priced item each, and 2 shares of an unlimited 25% discount --> 6 shares total.
If you search through a lot of the messages on this site, you'll find a TON of awesome ideas to get your bookings and sales up.. Talk up January and February A LOT.. January has 50% more FPV as host rewards PLUS they can order a host special as well (the extra FPV doesn't take the spot of the normal host 60% off product special)! February has the awesome host bonus of ordering a piece of open stock at 60% off, including our brand new, never been seen before Executive cookware line! They can be the first to own an awesome piece of cookware exclusive only to Pampered Chef!

I second everything that was posted above! It's all great advice and when I first started out and hit a dry spell after my friends and family jumped in to help me out, I didn't really want to hear that sometimes you have to get out there (or at least on the phone) and search for some bookings/leads. But it works!!!! That list of 100 is imperative. I can tell you that three years later, I still am getting on the phone....even if I don't want to. I make myself do it and squeeze it in wherever I can even if it's in the car driving back from preschool drop off. For example, today I finally devoted some time to being on the phone and I'm SOOO glad I did. I got two bookings for February, which is what I'm focusing on now. Most of the rest I left messages for, but out of the three I talked to, I got two dates for February and one who's seriously thinking about it, but wants me to follow up with her in a couple weeks. Woo hoo!!!

And I really think that it's essential to have a hospitality cluster. Hopefully there's one close by to you and if it hasn't been pursued already, your director can request a hospitality director for you. I wish you the best of luck! You're in the right place to get lots of great feedback and advice. Maybe pick one or two of the suggestions you get here and give yourself a deadline to get them done....like the end of the week. Then report back to let us all know what you did and how it went. It's all about holding yourself accountable. And if that's hard for you to do, have someone else hold you accountable....like everyone here. :) Good luck!!!!

rwesterpchef said:
How many phone calls have you made today? How many did you make yesterday? I know people are probably tired of seeing me preach this, but the phone is your direct line to success!
We can sit here and read post after post, and get great ideas, but until we get on the phone and call everyone we can think of, we cannot incorporate these ideas into our shows.
Who do I call? I have called all of my friends and family, they have all told me NO (not maybe, NO)
Also, home office offers lots of tele-classes. You will get your second wind if you'll listen to a couple of those too.
I have sat in a few of these, and it pumps you up, but then when people keep telling you NO, it is a downer.

I just placed 2 catalogs in my workout center, and two girls asked about them. What about sending letters out to people in the phone book, or things like that? Any luck for anyone previously?

Chozengirl said:
Thanks AdminGreg! I am really hoping for advice and some help on ways to get some parties.

Melissa,
Where do you live? I am also brand new to the company but am having my first show this month. Between the host and I, we came up with a list of 25 people. We asked each of them to bring 2 friends that we didn't know and they will get a free gift. So far we have over 50 people coming. Maybe you could retry your friends and family that said no way and explain that you really really need their help getting started. Good luck.Shelley

outside boxPerhaps you could think outside the box. I'm new and here's how I'm approaching close friends and family that have said no.

Mother: I know you don't want to have a show but I want to deduct my mileage when I come in see you in a few months. Could you think of a friend, young mom in your sunday school class or neighbor who would host a show for me? You're on the board of that non-profit, how about a fundraiser?

Sister: My other sister hosted a show so you're obligated. Besides, I'll give you all my old stuff for that lake house you're buying since I'm getting so much free product.

Sister-in-law: I'll come to your work, have a couples party or just do a bbq, but PLEASE do something.

Mother-in-law: Will you come to sister in law's party so she'll have at least one big buyer there.

Friend: You're sister's getting married, would you suggest having her register on my website for Pampered Bride and you could even host a shower - it'd be so much fun.

Neighbor who just hosted: Okay, I know you just hosted, but will you do one for me in six months?

Husband's co-worker: No one at his workplace has hosted a party but at least three people have told me how much they LOVE Pampered Chef products. It'd be a little after-work social or just a catalog show if you can't do more.

Kid's Godmother: I know you are slammed at work so I just hope you'll let your husband host a male party with a few beers on the deck this spring. You won't have to do a thing.

Neighbor who bought at my show before I joined: I know you don't need any more pampered chef products but what about having a fundraiser for your cause and I'll throw in 5% above what the company offers as well as print any flyers for your to hand out at the YMCA.

I'm not saying all of these work, but I've pretty much stopped asking close friends to book a party because usually they aren't "party" people. But they might do a fundraiser, host a bridal shower or do something with their kids or husbands.

Good luck and hope this helped. It makes me motivated to follow up with some of these folks (including the neighbor who promised me she would host a party in January and then went and booked with someone in her mom's club once she heard from me how great the 50% more was. I guess she had previously promised her but really was tacky.) BEE

my turning pointMelissa
someone approached me for a donation (a local daycare) when I gave the item she booked a show and invited 14 women of which 5 booked a show, one of those shows was even better with 16 women and 7 bookings. Perhaps you can approach an organization group and ask for a booking in turn giving their cause a donation.
Also I host about 5 shows a year, i have tried open houses unsuccessfully and so now do theme shows, there are many ideas on this site, choose one. I advertise in the paper, bulletin boards, pass invites to neighbors, put the info on my website and generally pass out invitations to anyone who will take one. I hope some of this helps

UPDATE~ Very Positive~Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone here! I spoke with my 2nd upline Director, and boy did she help me out today!!! I am so overwhelmed w/ info, but like she said (in her words) "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." So I will be doing something everyday. I am going to have a party this Sat w/ lots of new info for my host as well as a better 'presenter'... I will also be having a Mystery Guest Party at the end of this month as well.

beepampered said:
Perhaps you could think outside the box. I'm new and here's how I'm approaching close friends and family that have said no.

Mother: I know you don't want to have a show but I want to deduct my mileage when I come in see you in a few months. Could you think of a friend, young mom in your sunday school class or neighbor who would host a show for me? You're on the board of that non-profit, how about a fundraiser?

Sister: My other sister hosted a show so you're obligated. Besides, I'll give you all my old stuff for that lake house you're buying since I'm getting so much free product.

Sister-in-law: I'll come to your work, have a couples party or just do a bbq, but PLEASE do something.

Mother-in-law: Will you come to sister in law's party so she'll have at least one big buyer there.

Friend: You're sister's getting married, would you suggest having her register on my website for Pampered Bride and you could even host a shower - it'd be so much fun.

Neighbor who just hosted: Okay, I know you just hosted, but will you do one for me in six months?

Husband's co-worker: No one at his workplace has hosted a party but at least three people have told me how much they LOVE Pampered Chef products. It'd be a little after-work social or just a catalog show if you can't do more.

Kid's Godmother: I know you are slammed at work so I just hope you'll let your husband host a male party with a few beers on the deck this spring. You won't have to do a thing.

Neighbor who bought at my show before I joined: I know you don't need any more pampered chef products but what about having a fundraiser for your cause and I'll throw in 5% above what the company offers as well as print any flyers for your to hand out at the YMCA.

I'm not saying all of these work, but I've pretty much stopped asking close friends to book a party because usually they aren't "party" people. But they might do a fundraiser, host a bridal shower or do something with their kids or husbands.

Good luck and hope this helped. It makes me motivated to follow up with some of these folks (including the neighbor who promised me she would host a party in January and then went and booked with someone in her mom's club once she heard from me how great the 50% more was. I guess she had previously promised her but really was tacky.) BEE

Great suggestions Bee.

1. How do I get started as a new Pampered Chef seller?

To get started as a new Pampered Chef seller, you will need to sign up as an independent consultant through the company's website. Once you have signed up, you will have access to training materials and support from your upline and the company.

2. What products should I focus on promoting as a new Pampered Chef seller?

As a new Pampered Chef seller, it is important to focus on promoting products that you personally love and use in your own kitchen. This will make it easier for you to speak passionately about the products and make genuine recommendations to your customers.

3. How can I reach out to potential customers and build my customer base?

There are many ways to reach out to potential customers as a new Pampered Chef seller. You can host in-home parties, participate in vendor events, utilize social media platforms, and reach out to friends and family for support. It is also important to make connections and build relationships with your customers to keep them coming back.

4. How can I make the most out of my first few months selling Pampered Chef?

To make the most out of your first few months selling Pampered Chef, it is important to stay organized, set realistic goals, and consistently promote the products through various channels. Utilize the resources and support provided by the company, and don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from more experienced sellers.

5. What are the best ways to handle customer concerns or complaints as a new Pampered Chef seller?

As a new Pampered Chef seller, it is important to be proactive and address any customer concerns or complaints promptly and professionally. Listen to the customer's concerns, offer solutions or replacements when necessary, and follow up to ensure their satisfaction. Good customer service and communication are key to building a successful business with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • camiesu
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefMJ