• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Expert Tips for Navigating Hyatt Regency McCormick and Exploring Chicago

G
Gagescorpages
Anyone else staying there?

We usually stay at the Hilton with 2/2 but liked the idea of not having to deal with the shuttles.
Any advice on best ways to get to Navy Pier, etc? Heard the water taxi is easiest...??
Restaurants, etc nearby or better off to head elsewhere?

It's my 4th conference, but I still don't know much about Chicago.

Thanks!

We're staying there.

What we're planning on doing is taking the shuttle to Sheraton or one of the other hotels, and then going on from there to restaurants, Navy Pier, shopping, etc...

Then, we'll grab a cab back to McCormick.

How far is Navy Pier from the Hyatt?

The Hyatt @ McCormick?

Yes. Wondering if walking is even an option... Also heard about the Water Taxi. Ever do that?

There is no way you can walk from McCormick Place to Navy Pier unless you have a lot of energy and time on your hands. Mc Cormick is 2300 S. Lake Shore Drive. Navy Pier is 500 N. Lake Shore. That is 28 blocks to walk, or 3.5 miles.

I've heard about and seen the Water Taxi's but don't know where you'd catch one near the McCormick (Chicago Illiterate!:eek:) Do you know? I also know that they are inexpensive, and seem like a fun way to travel!

I DO know that the Sheraton is just a couple blocks from Navy Pier, and lots of other stuff to do. That's why we were planning to take a shuttle from McCormick to the Sheraton.

I like the idea o shuttling to the Sheraton. Just looking at other options.
Anyone know what time the last shuttle leaves McCormick?

The water taxi stops in Chinatown near 18th and Canal in Ping Tom Park. It's 7 blocks from McCormick and there is NO WAY I would walk there after dark.

No Chinatown after dark or the area by McCormick?
(forgive my ignorance...I really do not know Chicago at all. NY girl, here :) )

I wouldn't walk around Chinatown OR around McCormick Place (I'm not sure exactly where the Hyatt is there) after dark. I think taking the idea of taking a shuttle to the SHeraton will give you the best choices of restaurants around there and you can walk to Navy Pier from the Sheraton. I don't know if it's still there, but Dick's Last Resort is just a block or two from the Sheraton and it's pretty funny.

So, if you catch the shuttle down there, but need to take a cab back, that wouldn't be too bad. You at least get one way for free. :)

SusanBP0129 said:
No Chinatown after dark or the area by McCormick?
(forgive my ignorance...I really do not know Chicago at all. NY girl, here :) )

Either location.

1. What are the best ways to get to popular attractions like Navy Pier from the Hyatt Regency McCormick?

The water taxi is a popular and convenient option for getting to Navy Pier from the Hyatt Regency McCormick. It offers scenic views of the city and drops off right at the pier. Alternatively, you can also take a taxi, Uber, or the CTA bus or train.

2. Are there any good restaurants or attractions near the Hyatt Regency McCormick, or is it better to explore elsewhere?

There are several great restaurants and attractions within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency McCormick. For example, the Prairie Avenue Historic District, the Field Museum, and the Shedd Aquarium are all less than a mile away. However, if you're looking for a wider variety of options, it may be best to venture further into the city.

3. Is the Hyatt Regency McCormick a good choice for those attending a conference in Chicago?

Yes, the Hyatt Regency McCormick is a popular choice for conference attendees due to its convenient location, spacious meeting rooms, and amenities such as a business center and complimentary Wi-Fi. It also offers easy access to popular attractions for those looking to explore the city during their downtime.

4. What are some must-see attractions in Chicago for someone who is new to the city?

There are many amazing things to see and do in Chicago, but some popular must-see attractions include the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower), Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile, and the Art Institute of Chicago. Taking a river cruise or walking along the Lakefront Trail are also great ways to take in the city's skyline and beauty.

5. Is the Hyatt Regency McCormick a good choice for families traveling to Chicago?

Yes, the Hyatt Regency McCormick offers a family-friendly atmosphere and amenities such as a swimming pool, on-site restaurants, and a fitness center. It also has a central location near popular family attractions like Navy Pier and the Museum Campus. Families can also take advantage of the hotel's concierge services for recommendations and assistance with planning their activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Back