• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Uses for Plates: Ideas Beyond the Obvious

In summary, the conversation suggests creative alternative uses for plates, such as as a gift with candles or chocolates, or as a picture frame. The topic then shifts to breast cancer awareness and fundraising, with a suggestion to use the cake tester or simply donate to the cause. The conversation ends with a question about whether donations can be made directly to a cancer-fighting organization or through Pampered Chef. The main point is to encourage people to donate to the cause, either through purchasing a product or making a direct donation.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Anyone have any creative alternative ways that the plates can be used? I've shown people but quite a few people have been a little put off by the price. Four plates for $28 (CDN) can be pricey in this economy. Some ideas I've tossed out, besides the obvious use, are to give an individual plate with either a pretty candle or chocolates as a teacher's gift for the end of the year. Another idea is that it can be used as a pretty picture frame and mounted on the wall. Any other ideas?

How about the cake tester? Checks the readiness for baked coods and potatoes...what else?

Can use it to hold gift card with a bouquet, plant or gift....that was a suggestion on PC.com.

I myself am being pushy!:blushing: I'm telling everyone how impt breast cancer awareness is....sharing personal experiences of loved ones, and telling them that the month of may is all about raising funds....I'm telling them to buy the cake tester if nothing interests them because 1$ is still being donated. Or if they would rather, I am telling them they can just donate to the cause!:D Though, I'll have to ask HO how I can give them the $ to add to the pool of money.

We'll see how my angle works. I wasn't getting much interest when I presented the product....when I explained the worthy cause, they still showed hesitation....so now I'm being a bully!:)

There is a form on CC to fill out and the information of where to send the donations to... I think it was in the last newswire sent to us.

But if people just want to donate for Cancer, can't they just write a check to their favorite Cancer fighting organization themselves instead of sending it through Pampered Chef?

Thanks guys. Yes they could, but the point for my friends is that their donation would pool with a larger collection....plus it's twice as nice....helping their friend (me) while also helping TACS.

1. What are some unique ways to use plates in home decor?

Plates can be used as wall art by arranging them in a decorative pattern and hanging them on the wall. They can also be used as a tray to display candles or other small decor items. Another creative idea is to use plates as a base for a centerpiece by stacking and arranging different sizes and colors.

2. Can plates be used for anything other than serving food?

Yes, plates can be used for a variety of purposes beyond serving food. They can be used as a makeshift lid for bowls or pots, as a base for a plant pot, or even as a makeshift palette for painting or crafting.

3. How can I repurpose old or mismatched plates?

Old or mismatched plates can be repurposed in many ways. They can be used as a unique serving platter for appetizers or desserts, or as a base for a homemade mosaic project. You can also use them to create a tiered stand for displaying jewelry or trinkets.

4. Are there any practical uses for plates in the kitchen?

Plates can be used for more than just serving food in the kitchen. They can be used as a cover for microwaving food, as a makeshift cutting board for small items, or as a base for defrosting meat in the fridge.

5. Can plates be used for organization?

Absolutely! Plates can be used to organize and display items in your closet or dresser. They can also be used as a catch-all for keys and other small items near the front door. Additionally, they can be used to corral and organize office supplies on a desk or bookshelf.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
racuruk
  • ingrid
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ingrid
  • babywings76