• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amy's Fundraiser: Honoring Mom and Having Fun!

I would not hesitate to have it at my house. I would also have flyers and a website to post. I think it would be a fun way to remember my Mom.
amybee
Hello everyone!

I am planning on doing a fundraiser in the memory of my Mother who passed away 7/1/08 from oral cancer. This will be my first one and I really want it to be successful. The church we belong to is very large. Over 4000 families belong to it. I was thinking of seeing if I could hold it in the parish center and maybe advertise in the bulletin.
If I am able to, how should I make it fun? I figured I would have food and drinks and some door prizes. How much money is too much to invest?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Amy

amybee said:
Hello everyone!

I am planning on doing a fundraiser in the memory of my Mother who passed away 7/1/08 from oral cancer. This will be my first one and I really want it to be successful. The church we belong to is very large. Over 4000 families belong to it. I was thinking of seeing if I could hold it in the parish center and maybe advertise in the bulletin.
If I am able to, how should I make it fun? I figured I would have food and drinks and some door prizes. How much money is too much to invest?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Amy

I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I would be really hesitant in asking to advertise it in the bulletin. Eventhough it is a fundraiser you are still in business.

As for making it fun... Did your Mom attend the same church? What kind of party would she have liked?

Amy,

I personally would NOT hesitate to ask about putting it the bulletin. If they think it is inappropriate, let them decide that. The worst they can do is say no. I am sure you will not get excommunicated for asking. Then start several weeks out though.
I do not know if she is still a consultant but many years ago, a young lady did a fund rasier at her church. She was allowed to post it in the bulletin for several weeks before and got permission to make it a pot luck fundrasier.
What she did was tell everyone the story in a short bulletin story. Told what she was doing and when. The fundraiser was for an immediate family memeber but I can not remember exactly what it was for. MS or MD I think. By doing a pot luck fundraiser, she did not have to do a ton of food. Everyone came, enjoyed the food, placed orders - she put catalogs and order forms and pens on all the tables - and she got friends to help set up, calculate orders and clean up. I do remember that she rasied well over $2000. So that is something to think about. Keep door prizes at a minimum price tag as well. Wish you luck!

She did attend the same church and we have alot of friends thru the church as well. I could always have it at my house but like I said I want it to be successful and want to have alot of people attend. I could hang up flyers and have my info and website to tear off so people can order that way I guess.
She love to cook and loved the PC stuff.

So did she have everyone bring something for food? That is a thought. The pastor at my church is really down to earth and knew my mom well, so I don't think it will be a problem at all. I was just worried about having to prepare food while not really knowing how many would attend.

1. What is "Amy's Fundraiser: Honoring Mom and Having Fun!"?

"Amy's Fundraiser: Honoring Mom and Having Fun!" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef to raise funds for a charitable cause. It is a celebration of motherhood and an opportunity to come together and have fun while supporting a good cause.

2. When is the event taking place?

The event will take place on Mother's Day weekend, from May 8th to May 9th. It will be a 24-hour event, so you can participate at any time that is convenient for you.

3. How can I participate in the fundraiser?

To participate in "Amy's Fundraiser: Honoring Mom and Having Fun!", you can visit our website and make a donation or purchase any of our specially curated products. You can also share the event with your friends and family to spread the word and support our cause.

4. What is the charitable cause this event is supporting?

This year, "Amy's Fundraiser: Honoring Mom and Having Fun!" is supporting the American Cancer Society. We are raising funds to support cancer research, patient care, and education to help those affected by cancer.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts during the event?

Yes, we have some amazing deals and discounts during the event, including limited edition products and special bundles. These offers will be available only during the event, so make sure to check them out and support our cause while getting some great deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views
redprincess
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies