• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HWC Fundraiser Idea: How I Raised $42 with a Simple Friday Night Gathering

In summary, Jennifer set up a HWC fundraiser at her son's school and donated a $20 gift certificate that can be redeemed at the show. All donations will go to the American Cancer Society.
jdavis
I just wanted to share something I tried Friday it went over well considering how few people were there.

One of my son's teachers has the HWC stuff set up in the teacher's lounge and is doing a fundraiser again this year since her sister is a breast cancer survivor (her doctors just brushed her off when she told them her breast hurt, can you believe that?!?!) Anyway, she did this last year also and I had a few orders to put on with it so I figured why not...

I bowl sometimes on Friday nights as a sub so I set up (made some of the 2-step fudge) and the lemonade and only brought the pink stuff and catalogs and order forms and the flip chart and told them we were having a HWC fundraiser (they were short a few teams out of town so not a lot of attendance, I think about 20?) and it was a spur of the moment thing. Anyway I told them I was donating a $20 gift certificate redeemable through me tonight and they could buy squares for $1 each and all the money would go to the HWC fund (wouldn't you know it I left the pretty pink square paper I made up on my desk at home :rolleyes: ) I was hoping to get at least $50 and I got close $42, I think I am going to post these around at work and see how much I can raise, it sure can't hurt.

HTH

Jennifer,I'm not sure I follow the squares. Could you explain it a bit more?

The wording needs a little help, but this gives you an idea. You can either cut up this sheet when you do the drawing or have another sheet with all the numbers to draw from.

Buy a square for $1 for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate and help support the American Cancer Society. All donations will go to the American Cancer Society. The Pampered Chef’s Consultants and customers raised over $1 million in May 2005, the combined 5 years before $4.3 million.
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35
36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45
46 47 48 49 50

*****Winner must redeem prize at show*****

Well I lost my Microsoft Word, I am stuck with word processor right now and for some reason it won't load it, but the numbers I have in squares and have room for them to put their name and I have a HWC symbol and PC symbol at the top.

Last edited:

1. How did you come up with the idea for the HWC fundraiser?

The idea for the HWC fundraiser came from a desire to combine two things I love- cooking and helping others. I thought a Friday night gathering with friends would be the perfect opportunity to raise money for a good cause.

2. How did you promote the fundraiser to get people to attend?

I used social media to promote the fundraiser, specifically Facebook and Instagram. I also created a flyer to share with my friends and family and asked them to spread the word. Lastly, I reached out to local organizations and businesses to see if they were interested in participating or promoting the event.

3. What type of dishes did you make for the Friday night gathering?

I made a variety of dishes using Pampered Chef products, such as a delicious salad with homemade dressing, a hearty pasta dish, and some tasty desserts. I also provided some simple appetizers for guests to snack on while they browsed the Pampered Chef catalog.

4. How did you incorporate Pampered Chef products into the fundraiser?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I used this opportunity to showcase and sell our products. I demonstrated how to use some of our popular items, such as the Salad Chopper and Garlic Press, while making the dishes for the event. I also had a display table set up with our catalog and order forms for guests to browse and make purchases.

5. What tips do you have for someone looking to host a similar fundraiser?

My biggest tip would be to plan ahead and promote the event as much as possible. Utilize social media and word of mouth to spread the word. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to local businesses or organizations for support. Lastly, have fun with it! People are more likely to attend and donate when they are enjoying themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • jigsmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • letscook04