• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice: Disheartening HWC Fundraiser Experiences

In summary, Kristen planned a HWC/Open House fundraiser to raise money for ACS. She put up flyers and talked to local businesses, but only one person showed up. She received advice to personally invite people and try setting up a display at a local fitness club.
We won't know until ConferenceEvery year at the Breakfast of Caring they make the announcement. From What I have experienced and heard this year, we may not break last years total. Last year we raised over $1 million.
I personally raised over $2300. ($750 through PC and the rest in a personal check from personal donations because we can't use the Roundup any more.)
But I just can't give the products away this year!
BAD Product choices this year. Oh well, live and learn.
I wish they had let us pick the products like they did for last years.

I hope everyone that earned it, enjoys the Breakfast of Caring! It sounds really nice. Also Way To Go with everyone selling the Pink items as best as we were able.:D :D :D

John--what do you mean we can't do the Round-up anymore?

Chef Kearns said:
John--what do you mean we can't do the Round-up anymore?

I think he is referring to the fact that we can no longer let our May guests round up their orders for HWC....we can only round up for Second Harvest. It changed when we went to year round Round Up for the Heart.

Ginger428 said:
My fun-raiser is this Sunday. I live on a small Island & I work on a fishing boat. The boat is 100 ft. long & has a huge cabin with 12 booths & an upper deck for when we have parties people can dance up there. When I first started planning this I asked around to see how people felt. EVERYONE said it sounds GREAT. I started it as a fund raiser, but when I started figuring, I felt I would do better with a cooking show. The boat holds 150 people, so what I did was I took 3 of my friends hosts #s & ordered 100 of each of the pink items( at a 10% discount);) & 2 sets of the cups & plates. I'm charging everyone 50.00 which includes hot & cold buffet, beer,wine & soda, dessert, & coffee or tea. Children are free (so no baby sitter needed):D. Upon leaving (cuz if I do it when they arrive i'm sure they'll lose it) everyone will get a bag with each of the 3 pink items in it & a whip pin. I am also having raffles for 2 sets of the cups & plates, a Vermont Teddy Bear (shes called Carole & 20% of her sales go to Cancer) & 2 bags & 6 picture frames I got at Lord & Taylors(all 8 items 100% went to Cancer). Sorry this is so long:eek: :eek: . 100% of the profit will also go to ACS. So far over 300.00 has been donated & I hope to get at least 1000.00 more. BTW, the boat ride is a 41/2 hour trip we go down the East river to The Statue of Liberty & back home:D :D :D .

Ginger:cool:

Ginger, wow what an event! I want to go!!! Next year you might want to schedule in a rain date. It sounds like it was still very successful. I've missed you Ginger!!!

Last edited:
YOU MISS ME????:D :D :D
How come EVERYONE says that, except my hubby:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
The pink items were tough to sell, I think the most popular were the bar boards. I'm wondering if we had these items in Oct. would they sell better...Hmmmmmmmmm!!! Well at least we can all say we did our best. Just came from Ebay, MAN those cups & plates are selling CRAZY!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe we should hold a Fund Raiser on Ebay:rolleyes:

I know! I've been watching too! Wonder if those people are getting in trouble for selling PC there?

Hey Susan....is that your name in the June CN....15K:D :D :D ....If it is WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BTW, my Party on the boat put me in the 15K as well. Cant wait to see my name in lights in July CN.;) ;) ;)

Just curiousas to how everyone did selling HWC products? I am way below where I would have liked to have been sold NOT ONE cake stencil set at all. 33 Bar boards and about 30 clips. Everyone still had those from last years so...
One fundraiser with a total of $260 dollars only so grand total I think I did hit $151 or there about. UGH! I did much better with my drawings and rummage sale. There I made about $600 to send in to ACS directly.
Oh well, PCs loss not ACSs.

John,I sold 6 bar boards and knife sets, 5 help whip clips, and 4 sets of cups and squares. I'd say about half of it was to myself! I like to stock up on limited edition items because they become great host and recruit/consultant incentives!Woohoo...what a fabulous job I've been doing. :p

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • pamperedalaska