• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Baking Disaster: Frosting Woes & Soggy Cookies

In summary, the cookies were too runny, the icing was too stiff, and the ribbon didn't come out cleanly.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Ok, my icing was super runny and just ran off the edges (you're supposed to ADD water as needed?!?!) Then after I added about 1/4 c. more powdered sugar it worked a little better but when I put the pink ribbon on it doesn't make a clean edge! So I tried to use regular butter cream frosting but my frosting's so stiff it won't even squeeze through my decorator bottles! I'm basically giving up. The cookies aren't that great tasting either *sigh*

I'm so sorry....they looked way to labor intensive for me! I just bought a pink ribbon cookie cutter instead

mrshamel3808 said:
Ok, my icing was super runny and just ran off the edges (you're supposed to ADD water as needed?!?!) Then after I added about 1/4 c. more powdered sugar it worked a little better but when I put the pink ribbon on it doesn't make a clean edge! So I tried to use regular butter cream frosting but my frosting's so stiff it won't even squeeze through my decorator bottles! I'm basically giving up. The cookies aren't that great tasting either *sigh*

I'm sorry! Are you making them for an event? If you want a ribbon cookie, I've seen cookie cutters in that shape.

I was going to make them to pamper a local oncologist office up the street from my apartment. So nothing that was depending on them coming out. I just hate that I wasted 4 hours this morning when I had a whole list of other things I need to get done that I was putting off for this.

You can get almost any shape of cookie cutter at mycookiecutters.com (I think that's the name). Amazing. You can even buy the ribbon cookie cutter and have it come with a pink ribbon.

Here's my recipe for pink ribbon cookies. Warning - there is cayenne and pepper in them - just in case of allergies. They are a deep dark chocolate and outstanding!

Go to the Celebrate With Wilton - Create Beautiful Wilton Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes & Candy With Wilton Decorating Techniques website and look for their recipes for buttercream, royal and colour flow icings. They work all the time. If you live in a dry climate, you may have to add more water than is called for. If you can get ahold of the older HWC decorator stencils, that would work too.

Attachments

• Aztec Chocolate Cookies.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 255

1. How can I prevent my frosting from melting off my baked goods?

To prevent your frosting from melting off, make sure your baked goods are completely cooled before frosting them. You can also try refrigerating the frosting for a few minutes before spreading it on your baked goods. Additionally, avoid exposing your baked goods to heat or direct sunlight, as this can cause the frosting to melt.

2. What causes my cookies to turn out soggy?

Soggy cookies can be caused by a few different factors. One common cause is using too much butter or oil in the dough. Make sure to measure your ingredients accurately to avoid this issue. Another cause could be underbaking the cookies - be sure to follow the recommended baking time for your specific recipe. Lastly, storing cookies in an airtight container while they are still warm can also lead to sogginess.

3. How can I fix over-whipped frosting?

If your frosting has been over-whipped and has become too stiff, you can try adding a small amount of milk or heavy cream and beating it in to help soften the frosting. You can also try adding a small amount of powdered sugar to help thicken the frosting if it has become too runny.

4. Can I use margarine instead of butter in my baking?

While margarine can be used as a substitute for butter in some baking recipes, it is not recommended for frosting. Margarine often contains more water, which can affect the texture and consistency of the frosting. It is best to stick with using butter for frosting to achieve the desired results.

5. How can I prevent my cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent cookies from spreading too much while baking, make sure your baking sheet is cool before placing the dough on it. You can also try chilling the dough for 30 minutes before baking. Using a higher ratio of flour to butter can also help prevent spreading. Lastly, make sure your oven is at the correct temperature - a too-low temperature can cause cookies to spread and flatten out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies