1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: HWC Cookies...FAIL

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ok, my icing was super runny and just ran off the edges (you're supposed to ADD water as needed?!?!) Then after I added about 1/4 c. more powdered sugar it worked a little better but when I put the pink ribbon on it doesn't make a clean edge! So I tried to use regular butter cream frosting but my frosting's so stiff it won't even squeeze through my decorator bottles! I'm basically giving up. The cookies aren't that great tasting either *sigh*

May 14, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I'm so sorry....they looked way to labor intensive for me! I just bought a pink ribbon cookie cutter instead

3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm sorry! Are you making them for an event? If you want a ribbon cookie, I've seen cookie cutters in that shape.

4. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I was going to make them to pamper a local oncologist office up the street from my apartment. So nothing that was depending on them coming out. I just hate that I wasted 4 hours this morning when I had a whole list of other things I need to get done that I was putting off for this.

May 14, 2009
  5. muffetts

muffetts Member Gold Member

You can get almost any shape of cookie cutter at mycookiecutters.com (I think that's the name). Amazing. You can even buy the ribbon cookie cutter and have it come with a pink ribbon.

Here's my recipe for pink ribbon cookies. Warning - there is cayenne and pepper in them - just in case of allergies. They are a deep dark chocolate and outstanding!

Go to the Celebrate With Wilton - Create Beautiful Wilton Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes & Candy With Wilton Decorating Techniques website and look for their recipes for buttercream, royal and colour flow icings. They work all the time. If you live in a dry climate, you may have to add more water than is called for. If you can get ahold of the older HWC decorator stencils, that would work too.

Attached Files:

May 14, 2009
Have something to add?