• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hurricane Plans: Tips for Productivity During Mandatory Evacuation

In summary, a Hurricane Plan is a set of procedures and supplies put in place to prepare for and respond to a hurricane or tropical storm. To create a plan, assess risks, determine evacuation zone, gather emergency supplies, establish communication plan, and secure home. It is best to create a plan before hurricane season, but it is never too late. A plan should include evacuation routes, emergency contacts, necessary supplies, communication plan, and instructions for home security. It is recommended to review and update the plan at least once a year, or if there are changes in living situation or location.
marystell1
Hi guys! I'm about to be evacuated from my home for at least a couple of days for Hurricane Issac. Luckily, I'm not going too far...just to my sister's condo in New Orleans. It's a steel and concrete building and we're on the fourth floor. We really don't expect any problems. Lots of food and water and really if it's not a Cat 3, we don't generally worry too much. In fact, wouldn't be leaving my home if the parish (that would be county to everyone not in Louisiana) didn't have a mandatory evacuation order. However, I plan on being very productive. Until I lose power (assuming we do), I'm going to be on my laptop setting up future posts for my facebook business page and messaging all my friends, who are also not able to get out and do anything and hit them up for a facebook hurricane show! I'm actually looking forward to the next two days I have off from my School Board job with pay! I deserve them after all the hurricane prep I had to do before I leave my home. I may get rid of everything not tied down in my yard!

Anyone else out there evacuating for Issac?

Not unless ole Isaac decides to turn westward toward Lake Charles, but I hope that does not happen. I will definately be keeping an eye
on it.
I hope you and your family stays safe.:)

on it, I hope you and your family stay safe...

I will be chillin here in Slidell with my family!

thepartylady said:
I will be chillin here in Slidell with my family!

My brother and his family are in Slidell. Ya'll stay safe too!

1. What is a Hurricane Plan?

A Hurricane Plan is a set of steps and procedures put in place to prepare for and respond to a hurricane or tropical storm. It typically includes evacuation routes, emergency supplies, and communication protocols.

2. How do I create a Hurricane Plan?

To create a Hurricane Plan, you should start by assessing your risks and determining your evacuation zone. Then, gather necessary emergency supplies such as food, water, first aid kit, and a battery-powered radio. Next, establish a communication plan with loved ones and make sure to secure your home and property.

3. When should I create a Hurricane Plan?

Ideally, you should create a Hurricane Plan before hurricane season begins. This typically starts in June and ends in November. However, it is never too late to create a plan and prepare for a potential hurricane or tropical storm.

4. What should I include in my Hurricane Plan?

Your Hurricane Plan should include evacuation routes, emergency contact information, a list of necessary supplies, a communication plan, and instructions for securing your home. You may also want to include a list of important documents to take with you in case of evacuation.

5. How often should I review and update my Hurricane Plan?

It is recommended to review and update your Hurricane Plan at least once a year, preferably before hurricane season begins. However, if your living situation or location changes, or if there have been updates to evacuation routes or emergency procedures, you should review and update your plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • KRISTI'SCOOKING