• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Fix My Stuck Ultimate Mandolin Slider?

In summary, the consultant kit includes a slider that is backwards, and may be stuck if force is applied. I recommend going slowly, and using a little oil if needed.
goddessred
I just got my consultant kit and was trying out my Ultimate Mandolin. Unfortunately, I put the slider on backwards and now it is stuck. I'm concerned if I put much more force on it to take it off I'll break it....

Any recommendations or have I permanently broken it? Any help is appreciated!

If it went in without breaking, odds are it will come out without breaking. I recommend that you go slow. You might have to do a gentle left to right movement as you are trying to get it out "walking" it slowly out. Once you get a big enough gap for your fingers, it might be easier to PUSH it out vs PULLING it out.

Maybe a little olive oil to help it slide better?

wadesgirl said:
Maybe a little olive oil to help it slide better?

Just be careful where you put it- so you don't make it slippery for YOU.

ohhh I did that too!! my husband got the holder off for me, but it took him a while. Like Shiela said.. go slow and it should be ok.

I just did this yesterday. I don't know if if I can explain this, but I will try: On the bottom left rail there is a little piece of plastic sticking out (on the inside part of the rail). There is also a little piece of plastic that sticks out on the food holder. If it is put on upside down (hooks on the bottom) then these two plastic pieces get stuck. Just gently pull in the spot where they meet up and they will slide over eachother pretty easily. If this makes no sense, then send me a PM and I can call you and talk you through it over the phone. :)

Rebecca

Thank you all so much! It sounds like I should be able to get it apart now, I left it at my friend's house so her boyfriend could try to get it apart but I am going to head over there and try the things you have suggested!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Ultimate Mandolin slider. Don't worry, you haven't permanently broken it. This can happen to anyone, especially when trying out a new product. My recommendation would be to try gently pushing the slider in the opposite direction to see if it will loosen and come off. If that doesn't work, you can try using a little bit of cooking oil or lubricant to help loosen it. If all else fails, please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. They will be happy to help you troubleshoot and get your Ultimate Mandolin back in working order. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. What makes the Human Error Ultimate Mandolin different from other mandolins on the market?

The Human Error Ultimate Mandolin is designed with safety in mind. It has a unique blade guard that prevents accidental cuts and a non-slip base for stability. It also has adjustable settings for different thicknesses and types of cuts, making it versatile for all your slicing and dicing needs.

2. Is the Human Error Ultimate Mandolin difficult to clean?

No, the mandolin is easy to disassemble and all parts are dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after use a breeze.

3. Can the Human Error Ultimate Mandolin be used to slice all types of fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the mandolin comes with multiple blades for different types of cuts, and can be used on a variety of produce such as cucumbers, carrots, and even softer fruits like tomatoes.

4. How durable is the Human Error Ultimate Mandolin?

The mandolin is made with high-quality stainless steel and durable plastic, making it sturdy and long-lasting. With proper use and care, it can last for years.

5. Is the Human Error Ultimate Mandolin safe to use for children?

Although the mandolin is designed with safety features, we recommend adult supervision when using it. Children should not operate the mandolin without proper instruction and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003