• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Huge Compliment to Our Smokey Barbecue Rub

In summary, the chef from the show said our barbecue sauce was good. He said that if he didn't like it, he would have told me. He complimented me on it and said that his sauce is better than any commercial sauce. He also said that he wants to come and learn from me.
crissy11
Gold Member
I had a show tonight and fixed the barbecue sauce using the Smokey Barbecue rub.. I had fixed the tenderloin in the covered baker. Anyway... after the show was over this man came up to me and said that our barbecue sauce was very good. I asked if he had ordered some and he said no that he has his own sauce... Come to find out his homemade barbecue sauce is #1 in the world with the Barbecue Cook-offs... His barbecue team is called Earthquake and they are on tv quite abit.. The Today Show and some cooking shows.
I told him that our little commercial sauce probably wasn't near as good as his... He said I wanted to tell you that your company's sauce is very good for a commercial kind. He said if I didn't like it I would have told you it wasn't any good.... I took it as a real compliment coming from the #1 sauce maker in the world.
I am going to Google his team and see what I can read up on him. Him and his wife are doing a party in August....

His barbecue team is being sponsored this year by Phillip Morris company.

WOW!! How cool is that!?

Can we use this in our shows?

If you could ... (wait for it) ... it would be 'smokin'! LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Tee-Hee

LOL!!!

Last night, I had a "certified chef" who works for a major spice company creating rubs and blends. So, of course I was nervous.... I asked the men to prep the entree and they stuffed 4 tenderloins in the DCB! The microwave was not working at full power, and could NOT be adjusted... Regardless, the tenderloin was delicious when it was finally done. Everyone was "mmm-mming" and going back for more and more! The cooking aspect was a mess at the show, but the guests had a blast.

The chef told me he couldn't believe it came from a microwave and that the spices I had on hand were really thoughtful and a great mix medley. I love seeing him returning to the spices....sniffing, reading...shaking for a taste. He and his wife ordered a couple. When I joked about PC being a competitor, he smiled saying....it's a good thing they're not in supermarkets. He was a sweet man, and now he wants his daughter to join my team. They'd liked to host a BBQ party and see "what I can do" with a grill....can we say, practice, practice, practice on my calendar?

The group also wants me to return and do a Kids cooking class. The show itself was low in sales, we may hit $400. BUT i now have 2 recruiting leads and 4-5 bookings....so I'll call it a fun and successful night....plus I may have gotten a beautiful lab puppy too!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL!!!

Last night, I had a "certified chef" who works for a major spice company creating rubs and blends. So, of course I was nervous.... I asked the men to prep the entree and they stuffed 4 tenderloins in the DCB! The microwave was not working at full power, and could NOT be adjusted... Regardless, the tenderloin was delicious when it was finally done. Everyone was "mmm-mming" and going back for more and more! The cooking aspect was a mess at the show, but the guests had a blast.

The chef told me he couldn't believe it came from a microwave and that the spices I had on hand were really thoughtful and a great mix medley. I love seeing him returning to the spices....sniffing, reading...shaking for a taste. He and his wife ordered a couple. When I joked about PC being a competitor, he smiled saying....it's a good thing they're not in supermarkets. He was a sweet man, and now he wants his daughter to join my team. They'd liked to host a BBQ party and see "what I can do" with a grill....can we say, practice, practice, practice on my calendar?

The group also wants me to return and do a Kids cooking class. The show itself was low in sales, we may hit $400. BUT i now have 2 recruiting leads and 4-5 bookings....so I'll call it a fun and successful night....plus I may have gotten a beautiful lab puppy too!

Did you use just the BBQ rub or others as well? It sounds like you used more than one and I was quite interested to know which ones they were. Congrats on such a great party! (and the puppy too!!! woo hoo!)

Melissa78 said:
Did you use just the BBQ rub or others as well? It sounds like you used more than one and I was quite interested to know which ones they were. Congrats on such a great party! (and the puppy too!!! woo hoo!)

Hola Melissa,

We did sundried tomato on the pork tenderloin. A little oil on the tenderloin, and the sundried over it. I recommend you poke holes in it with the hold and slice because the spice seeps in and gives it more flavor.

I also made a side dipping with cream cheese, 2 healthy scoops of mayo and the sundried. I brought along my other spices and sprinkles so the guests could smell the yumminess of our pantry collection. When someone would sniff and hmmm....I would say, oh that one is great with.... and then of course I kept kicking myself because I didn't have the jerk rub on hand....but I must have talked it up because 3 people ordered it! lol

The whole show was a mess, but the people giggled along and took it in stride. I also think that's why one of the guests wants to join my team. She said, "I have OCD, and think I could be good at this....you're having fun, the guests are enjoying it....it's the most fun I've had at a PC show. If you can manage with all these mishaps, then I'm sure to succeed. Plus, I'll be on your team and can't imagine you getting upset if I do something wrong." He He

God is always helping me out. It seems that he knows when to allow me to be loopy or too tired....leads always come from it.

It's always nice to hear these stories. Our products are great and do sell themselves when people try them out and word of mouth too.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hola Melissa,

We did sundried tomato on the pork tenderloin. A little oil on the tenderloin, and the sundried over it. I recommend you poke holes in it with the hold and slice because the spice seeps in and gives it more flavor.

I also made a side dipping with cream cheese, 2 healthy scoops of mayo and the sundried. I brought along my other spices and sprinkles so the guests could smell the yumminess of our pantry collection. When someone would sniff and hmmm....I would say, oh that one is great with.... and then of course I kept kicking myself because I didn't have the jerk rub on hand....but I must have talked it up because 3 people ordered it! lol

The whole show was a mess, but the people giggled along and took it in stride. I also think that's why one of the guests wants to join my team. She said, "I have OCD, and think I could be good at this....you're having fun, the guests are enjoying it....it's the most fun I've had at a PC show. If you can manage with all these mishaps, then I'm sure to succeed. Plus, I'll be on your team and can't imagine you getting upset if I do something wrong." He He

God is always helping me out. It seems that he knows when to allow me to be loopy or too tired....leads always come from it.

It all comes back to "We're Pampered Chefs not Perfect Chefs" and I think people enjoy that!

Can anybody post the recipe for the sauce with the BBQ rub? It's not on the bottle.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The group also wants me to return and do a Kids cooking class. The show itself was low in sales, we may hit $400. BUT i now have 2 recruiting leads and 4-5 bookings....so I'll call it a fun and successful night....

Don't complain about "low sales" at $400! Low sales to me is a $150 show! My high show last month was $300 and the other 4 were $200 or less!

pcchefjane said:
Don't complain about "low sales" at $400! Low sales to me is a $150 show! My high show last month was $300 and the other 4 were $200 or less!

= X Very good point! I am happy with the show, and didn't mean to sound unappreciative. I was expecting a $800 show with him because of the impression he gave me with outside orders, rsvp and his wishlist. Ay ya yay!

Thanks for pointing it out....

1 cup of ketchup
2 T. barbecue rub
1 T. vinegar
1/4 c. brown sugar
Mix together and microwave for two minutes... YUMMY

Sounds delicious. Would it work as well for chicken cutlets? How long in the DDB?

1. What makes the Smokey Barbecue Rub a standout product?

The Smokey Barbecue Rub is a unique blend of high-quality spices and herbs that creates a rich and bold flavor. It also contains natural smoke flavoring, giving your dishes that authentic smoky taste without having to use a grill. This rub is versatile and can be used on a variety of meats and vegetables, making it a must-have in any kitchen.

2. Can the Smokey Barbecue Rub be used for grilling or only for cooking in the oven?

The Smokey Barbecue Rub can be used for both grilling and cooking in the oven. It is perfect for adding flavor to grilled meats, but it can also be used as a dry rub for roasted or baked dishes. The rub's smoky flavor will enhance any cooking method, making it a versatile option for all your barbeque needs.

3. Is the Smokey Barbecue Rub gluten-free?

Yes, the Smokey Barbecue Rub is gluten-free. It is also free of artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives, making it a healthier choice for those with dietary restrictions. You can enjoy the bold and delicious flavor of this rub without having to worry about any gluten or harmful additives.

4. How do I use the Smokey Barbecue Rub?

The Smokey Barbecue Rub is easy to use. Simply sprinkle it on your meat or vegetables and rub it in, making sure to cover all sides. For best results, let the rub sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the food. You can also mix the rub with oil to create a marinade for an even more intense flavor.

5. Can I use the Smokey Barbecue Rub on foods other than meat?

Yes, the Smokey Barbecue Rub can be used on a variety of foods, not just meat. It is excellent on grilled vegetables, potatoes, and even popcorn. You can also mix it with mayonnaise or sour cream to create a delicious dip or spread. The possibilities are endless with this versatile rub.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • aried
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pampered1224