1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Huge compliment to our smokey barbecue rub

1. crissy11

crissy11 Member Gold Member

I had a show tonight and fixed the barbecue sauce using the Smokey Barbecue rub.. I had fixed the tenderloin in the covered baker. Anyway... after the show was over this man came up to me and said that our barbecue sauce was very good. I asked if he had ordered some and he said no that he has his own sauce... Come to find out his homemade barbecue sauce is #1 in the world with the Barbecue Cook-offs... His barbecue team is called Earthquake and they are on tv quite abit.. The Today Show and some cooking shows.
    I told him that our little commercial sauce probably wasn't near as good as his... He said I wanted to tell you that your company's sauce is very good for a commercial kind. He said if I didn't like it I would have told you it wasn't any good.... I took it as a real compliment coming from the #1 sauce maker in the world.
    I am going to Google his team and see what I can read up on him. Him and his wife are doing a party in August....

His barbecue team is being sponsored this year by Phillip Morris company.

May 30, 2009
  2. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

WOW!! How cool is that!?

Can we use this in our shows?

If you could ... (wait for it) ... it would be 'smokin'! LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Tee-Hee

3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

LOL!!!

Last night, I had a "certified chef" who works for a major spice company creating rubs and blends. So, of course I was nervous.... I asked the men to prep the entree and they stuffed 4 tenderloins in the DCB! The microwave was not working at full power, and could NOT be adjusted... Regardless, the tenderloin was delicious when it was finally done. Everyone was "mmm-mming" and going back for more and more! The cooking aspect was a mess at the show, but the guests had a blast.

The chef told me he couldn't believe it came from a microwave and that the spices I had on hand were really thoughtful and a great mix medley. I love seeing him returning to the spices....sniffing, reading...shaking for a taste. He and his wife ordered a couple. When I joked about PC being a competitor, he smiled saying....it's a good thing they're not in supermarkets. He was a sweet man, and now he wants his daughter to join my team. They'd liked to host a BBQ party and see "what I can do" with a grill....can we say, practice, practice, practice on my calendar?

The group also wants me to return and do a Kids cooking class. The show itself was low in sales, we may hit $400. BUT i now have 2 recruiting leads and 4-5 bookings....so I'll call it a fun and successful night....plus I may have gotten a beautiful lab puppy too!

4. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Did you use just the BBQ rub or others as well? It sounds like you used more than one and I was quite interested to know which ones they were. Congrats on such a great party! (and the puppy too!!! woo hoo!)

May 31, 2009
  5. Jolie_Paradoxe

Hola Melissa,

We did sundried tomato on the pork tenderloin. A little oil on the tenderloin, and the sundried over it. I recommend you poke holes in it with the hold and slice because the spice seeps in and gives it more flavor.

I also made a side dipping with cream cheese, 2 healthy scoops of mayo and the sundried. I brought along my other spices and sprinkles so the guests could smell the yumminess of our pantry collection. When someone would sniff and hmmm....I would say, oh that one is great with.... and then of course I kept kicking myself because I didn't have the jerk rub on hand....but I must have talked it up because 3 people ordered it! lol

The whole show was a mess, but the people giggled along and took it in stride. I also think that's why one of the guests wants to join my team. She said, "I have OCD, and think I could be good at this....you're having fun, the guests are enjoying it....it's the most fun I've had at a PC show. If you can manage with all these mishaps, then I'm sure to succeed. Plus, I'll be on your team and can't imagine you getting upset if I do something wrong." He He

God is always helping me out. It seems that he knows when to allow me to be loopy or too tired....leads always come from it.

6. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

It's always nice to hear these stories. Our products are great and do sell themselves when people try them out and word of mouth too.

7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

It all comes back to "We're Pampered Chefs not Perfect Chefs" and I think people enjoy that!

Jun 1, 2009
  8. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Can anybody post the recipe for the sauce with the BBQ rub? It's not on the bottle.

9. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Don't complain about "low sales" at $400! Low sales to me is a $150 show! My high show last month was $300 and the other 4 were $200 or less!

Jun 3, 2009
  10. Jolie_Paradoxe

= X Very good point! I am happy with the show, and didn't mean to sound unappreciative. I was expecting a $800 show with him because of the impression he gave me with outside orders, rsvp and his wishlist. Ay ya yay!

Thanks for pointing it out....

11. crissy11

crissy11 Member Gold Member

1 cup of ketchup
    2 T. barbecue rub
    1 T. vinegar
    1/4 c. brown sugar
    Mix together and microwave for two minutes... YUMMY

Jun 3, 2009
  12. Sounds delicious. Would it work as well for chicken cutlets? How long in the DDB?

Jun 4, 2009
Have something to add?