1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Huge Christmas Fair

1. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I worked with someone else at a Christmas craft show this last weekend. I had lots of small items for cash and carry. My partner needed orders and bookings. I think we both did well. I could have also sold 7 ice cream scoops if I would have had them. I hear others against cash and carry, but it works well for me. I sold about $450 in small items. I had several plastic baskets from the dollar tree with items seperated by catagory. Bamboo in one, peelers in another, spatulas also in one. I also sold quite a few items from the outlet like discontinued spreaders. I traded a pizza stone to another vendor for a gift for someone.
    We had one table decorated with gift ideas. Everyone admired them, then started digging through what they could buy then.

Nov 17, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks for sharing!

Nov 17, 2009
  3. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

I've got a booth this upcoming weekend. So what were your gift ideas?? How did you show them, were they wrapped together?? Just curious.

Thanks,

Lisa

Nov 17, 2009
  4. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Also, how do you do receipts for C&C at a booth??

Thanks,

Lisa

Nov 17, 2009
  5. Chef Bobby

We had some items together with ribbon and bows. Something like shown in the Christmas mini catalog.
    The only reciepts we wrote were from orders taken. Everything else (c & c) was sold like a garage sale. Most of the items were $10 or less. Nothing that really needed a warranty.

Nov 17, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Bobby - is the $450 your profit after the cost of the items, or just what you had in cash at the end of the show? Either way, that's quite a bit if the majority of the items were $10 or less.

Nov 17, 2009
  7. Chef Bobby

I wish it was my profit, but no, it was the extra cash at the end of the show.

Nov 18, 2009
  8. gwyn26

gwyn26 Novice Member

If you are selling off the table can you sell it C&C and then order one in their name shipped to you and send them a receipt. That way you get a replacement product and they get a receipt?

Dec 1, 2009
  9. Chef Bobby

That's what I do if it's something that needs a warranty.

Dec 2, 2009
Have something to add?