• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hubby's 3rd Interview: Praying for Success and Next Steps

In summary, the husband went for three interviews for a job as a first, second, and grill cook. He was told that he did a good job but the other two people who interviewed better than him. If another position opens up, he is encouraged to apply again.
tmseiling
So a little background.

In August, my husband saw a notice for a college in our area that is hiring for a 1st, 2nd, and grill cooks. He filled out an app for each position. He got called for the 1st interview for a second cook, took his test and then got called back for the 2nd interview and found out that he is being considered for both the 1st and 2nd cook positions, because the internal canidate did not pass the test.

On Friday (mind you we gave up on hearing from them) he received a call to come back for a 3rd interview and skills test. That will take place Tuesday (10-20) at 7 am for 3-4 hours. We have no idea what the skills test will be. He may have to cut meat/chicken, make stock, sauces or something else, show his knife skills, id meat cuts.

He has been studing his Professional Chef book to make sure he knows stuff. I know he knows it.

As long has he does well tomorrow, we think he will get the job, the only things left after tomorrow will be the drug test, phsycle, and reference check.

I am asking for prayer that he does well tomorrow, that one of these positions is for him and that the next step in the process won't take as long as the college said (they aren't planning on offering the job to someone until the last week in Oct or the first week of Nov.).

Thank you for your prayers.

Prayers going out! This sounds promising and I hope it works out!

Just said a prayer for peace and calmness as he goes into this interview!

Prayers coming your way!!

More prayers headed your way!

Ok, so the interview was more of a skills test.

The first thing that the Exec. Chef said to him what that he had to outshine the other two people because he has a really strong canadate for each position that already. Now who says that? Needless to say, that irked my husband and he almost walked out but he didn't.

He had to name all the equipment in the kitchen, show his knive skills and then cook. The first two he said he did great.

The cooking he did well but they did nit pick. The melon was under ripe and the soup was to salty. But they like his ideas.

We will find out tomorrow if he gets the job.

I bet (hope) the nitpicking is a good sign. If they weren't impressed they would have said 'ok, that was good," and that would be it.

I'm with Sarah, if they weren't interested in him they would have just fluffed him off.

well he got the call and was told that he did a good job but the other two out did him. They told him that if another position opens up to please apply again. It just wasn't meant to be. That's ok.

Thank you for all your prayers. This just wasn't in God's plans.

1. What should my husband expect during his third interview with Pampered Chef?

During the third interview, your husband can expect to meet with a higher-level manager or executive. This interview will likely focus on his qualifications and experience, as well as how he would fit into the company culture. He may also be asked more specific questions about his skills and how he would handle certain situations.

2. How should my husband prepare for the third interview?

Your husband should review his resume and the job description to ensure he can speak to his relevant experience and skills. He should also research the company and its values to better understand how he can contribute to their mission. It's also important for him to be confident, professional, and personable during the interview.

3. Will my husband need to bring anything to the third interview?

It's always a good idea for your husband to bring extra copies of his resume, as well as any relevant work samples or references. He may also want to bring a pen and notepad to take notes during the interview. However, it's best to confirm with the interviewer beforehand if there is anything specific they would like him to bring.

4. How long will the third interview last?

The length of the third interview can vary depending on the interviewer and the depth of the conversation. Typically, it can range from 30 minutes to an hour. However, your husband should be prepared for the interview to potentially go longer if the interviewer has more questions or if they engage in a more in-depth discussion.

5. When can my husband expect to hear back after the third interview?

After the third interview, the hiring process may still have a few more steps, such as reference checks or a final decision from upper management. It's best to ask the interviewer about the timeline and when your husband can expect to hear back. If he doesn't receive a response within the given timeframe, it's appropriate for him to follow up with a polite email or phone call to inquire about the status of his application.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
pampered1224