• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hp Officejet 6500 - How to Print on Envelopes?

xoxoActually, with our generous discount at Office Max, the box of 500 #10 envelopes is WAY cheaper! The card/invite sized ones are a specialty size so they are more expensive! xoxoBut you can't fit a mini catalog in an invitation size envelope, right?
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Anyone know how to print return addresses on envelopes on an HP Officejet 6500?

You use the template in Microsoft Word.

Forgive my stupidity but where do I find the template?

In MS Word, go to mailings, then envelopes. From there, you should get a pop-up window with a place for mailing address & then return address is on the bottom. The window should also have a picture showing how to put the envelopes in the printer for proper placement.

And then how do I figure out which way to put the envelope in the printer?

the window should show you. Mine shows with the flap on the top & right.

crystalscookingnow said:
In MS Word, go to mailings, then envelopes. From there, you should get a pop-up window with a place for mailing address & then return address is on the bottom. The window should also have a picture showing how to put the envelopes in the printer for proper placement.

I am in MS Word 2003...and I dno't see anything that says mailings - where do I look?

FOUND IT!!
Under "tools"

I almost have it working but it's printing so that the return address is falling off the left side of the envelope - how do I adjust the margins?

dannyzmom said:
I almost have it working but it's printing so that the return address is falling off the left side of the envelope - how do I adjust the margins?

you should be able to move the "box" that it prints in like dragging a text box

Ok - now how do I print more than one at a time?

You should be able to go to the File>Print option to get the dialog box just like with any other document, and then just change the number of items.

Carolyn - what you really need is an office assistant to do all this stuff for you! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Carolyn - what you really need is an office assistant to do all this stuff for you! :D

You are SO right!

I'd volunteer but the commute would eat up my pay. :cool:

Just FYI ..Marketing Tip #1: people open a hand written envelope BEFORE they will open a printed one.Marketing Tip #2: people will open a "thank you" sized envelop or "invitation" sized envelope first over a legal sized envelope.If you really want your customers to OPEN your mail, use those two techniques. ;)

Sheila said:
Just FYI ..

Marketing Tip #1: people open a hand written envelope BEFORE they will open a printed one.

Marketing Tip #2: people will open a "thank you" sized envelop or "invitation" sized envelope first over a legal sized envelope.

If you really want your customers to OPEN your mail, use those two techniques. ;)

I hand write all the envelopes - but was using labels for the return addys. That was getting costly so I am now printing the return addy onto the envelope. I am thinking once I run out of #10 elnvelopes, I'll switch to invite sized...I bet I can find 'em cheaper, too!
Thanks for the tip!
xoxo

But you can't fit a mini catalog in an invitation size envelope, right? :D

dannyzmom said:
I hand write all the envelopes - but was using labels for the return addys. That was getting costly so I am now printing the return addy onto the envelope. I am thinking once I run out of #10 elnvelopes, I'll switch to invite sized...I bet I can find 'em cheaper, too!
Thanks for the tip!
xoxo

Actually, with our generous discount at Office Max, the box of 500 #10 envelopes is WAY cheaper! The card/invite sized ones are a specialty size so they are more expensive!

I put the hosts return address on it, put a line lower that says something like
"Come over to my house and party Pampered Chef Style" in a color
and then print the addresses... all at once. I've had super feedback from the mini's and haven't had anyone saying that their guests aren't opening them. I've had lots of guests coming in to the shows with the mini in their hand.

Sheila said:
Marketing Tip #1: people open a hand written envelope BEFORE they will open a printed one.
That's dandy and all....and I have hand-written several shows worth of invitations but it takes SOOOOOOO long. Also, there are some fonts that
look EXACTLY like it's handwritten and you'd never know it wasn't unless you
really study it. I have found it easier to have my hosts o a personal, verbal invite, then they tell that person their invitation is in the mail. Then follow up to make sure that the guest received it. I am so totally for address labels for the guest info and for the host's return address :thumbup:

She didn't say that she was doing invites or mini catalogs ... she just said envelopes. She could just be doing receipts, host thank you letters, etc. ;)

DebbieJ said:
Actually, with our generous discount at Office Max, the box of 500 #10 envelopes is WAY cheaper! The card/invite sized ones are a specialty size so they are more expensive!

I use neon #10 envelopes...they're harder to miss but cost quite a bit more than regular #10s

Liquid Sky said:
That's dandy and all....and I have hand-written several shows worth of invitations but it takes SOOOOOOO long. Also, there are some fonts that
look EXACTLY like it's handwritten and you'd never know it wasn't unless you
really study it.

I have found it easier to have my hosts o a personal, verbal invite, then they tell that person their invitation is in the mail. Then follow up to make sure that the guest received it. I am so totally for address labels for the guest info and for the host's return address :thumbup:

Oooooh....Caressa!!!
Can you lead me to some fonts like that?!?! That'd save me so much time but I have no clue how/where to get new fonts.

1. How do I load envelopes into the HP Officejet 6500?

To load envelopes into the HP Officejet 6500, follow these steps:

• Open the paper tray and adjust the paper guides to fit the size of your envelope.
  • Flip the envelope so that the flap is on the left side and the side to be printed on is facing down.
  • Place the envelope into the tray with the flap on the left and the top of the envelope facing towards the printer.
  • Adjust the paper guides so that they are snug against the envelope.
  • Close the paper tray and make sure it is properly aligned with the printer.

2. How do I change the print settings for envelopes on the HP Officejet 6500?

To change the print settings for envelopes on the HP Officejet 6500, follow these steps:

• Open the document you want to print on an envelope.
  • Click on File and then Print.
  • Select the HP Officejet 6500 as your printer.
  • Click on Printer Properties or Preferences.
  • Go to the Paper/Quality tab and select Envelope from the Paper Size drop-down menu.
  • Adjust any other print settings, such as orientation or quality, and click Print.

3. Why is the HP Officejet 6500 not printing on my envelopes?

If your HP Officejet 6500 is not printing on your envelopes, there could be a few reasons:

• Make sure the envelopes are loaded correctly in the paper tray and the paper guides are properly adjusted.
  • Check that the paper type and size settings are correct in the print settings.
  • Make sure the envelope is not wrinkled or damaged, as this can cause printing issues.
  • Try cleaning the printer heads and aligning the cartridges.
  • If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the printer itself and you should contact HP customer support for assistance.

4. Can I print on different sized envelopes with the HP Officejet 6500?

Yes, the HP Officejet 6500 can print on a variety of envelope sizes, including standard #10 envelopes, DL envelopes, and C5 envelopes. Make sure to adjust the paper guides in the paper tray to fit the size of your envelope and select the correct paper size in the print settings.

5. Can I print addresses directly onto envelopes with the HP Officejet 6500?

Yes, the HP Officejet 6500 has the capability to print addresses directly onto envelopes. To do this, you will need to use a compatible software program, such as Microsoft Word, and set up the document with the correct envelope size and print settings. You can also use the HP Smart app to print addresses directly onto envelopes from your mobile device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • chefsolnick
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • raebates