• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need

In summary, The author of the letter recounted his wife's diagnosis with cancer and his desire to help pay for her medical bills. He created a flyer to raise money for this cause and found that his business skills were a good way to help people. He is currently inactive, but plans to get back into his business to help others in need.
pchefinski
I spent two days working on this (well, I do have a toddler running around!), and wanted to know what everyone thought.
(Bear with me because I'll probably bore you with this story.. lol) I was in the grocery store the other night to get some medicine for a nasty migraine, and as I walked by the community board, I saw a letter out of the corner of my eye. A local man wrote about his wife, who had just been diagnosed with severe cancer, and he was asking for both prayer and donations to help pay for her hospital bills -- $15,000 just for the first month alone! And I started to cry as I fumbled for a piece of paper to write down the family's address. Instantly, I knew what I was supposed to -- use my PC business to help people. So, I came home and scratched down some ideas for this brochure, and since then I've worked on it every spare moment. I'm currently inactive, but really feel strongly that if I pursue helping other people over just making money for myself, that my business will really be blessed and explode with success! I'm so excited and stoked to get back into my business so I can help people in their time of need!! WOOOT!

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to downloading the PDF converter on our new computer, so if someone could do that and repost the document, I'd be much obliged, as I know that some people might not be able to open its current version. Thanks :)

I tried to open it but with no success, sorry, but it does sound like you have found your 'calling'. I wish you much success.

I think it looks great. I haven't had a chance to look over all of it but I did convert it for you!

Attachments

• Fundraiser Brochure[1].pdf
    650.7 KB · Views: 588
That's an awesome flyer!! You put a lot of time into that. It looks really good. I know what you mean...it takes me days to finish a task because I have a 4 year old and 18 month old running around. I'm still working on my taxes!! That's so sad.:(

WowYour flier looks wonderful!!

Hope it brings you lots of sucess!!

Lisa

should have noted where I saw thisThat flier looks great, but just in case you didn't know...they are now called cooking shows instead of kitchen shows (refer to left hand side of 2nd page). And -- we're now Independent Consultants instead of Independent KITCHEN Consultants.

Other than that, GREAT JOB!!!!

Last edited:
oh you mean the little diddy on the left on the 2nd page.. from TPC that highlights the fundraiser.. i couldn't find the one from this year, so i just used the one from last year... that's why it's "kitchen show" on that part. but for the rest, i did "cooking show".. hope that clarifies any confusion -- it's just b/c i couldn't find the new flyer! lol
P.S. thanks kristi for converting it for everyone. i 'preciate it. if anyone wants to use it and needs their information put on in place of mine, let me know. :)

Awesome job! God Bless!

Michele

Oh, My gosh!!!thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

This is absolutely beautiful. My first thought when I opened it was "A woman after my own heart...it's all in black and white!"

Then, as I looked deeper at it, I thought, "This looks like it was done professionaly!"

Amanda, you touched me so much with the information you provided, and the scripture referenced. I am currently working on a fund raiser for a friend with an austic son who is trying to raise money so they can go to a special (translate: expensive) family camp. It is so important that we do reach out and help others.

Thank you so much for this beautiful piece of work and why you created it. You truly are a blessing!!!

very nice. wish i had the version of publisher you do.

What a great idea! Your brochure is awesome - looks like you put a lot of work into it. It was very kind of you to offer to customize it for us. If you don't mind, I'd like to take you up on it. I'm brand new to TPC and would love to make this my focus for the same reasons you mentioned. Do you know if there is a limit on how many fund-raisers we can do in a year? Thanks so much. Please let me know what you need from me for the brochure. Chris :)

PS - This is my first post. Hope I didn't mess it up too bad! :D

I doubt that there would be a limit on how many fundraisers we can do a year, but maybe someone with more experience in that area can clarify. i definately do not mind substituting information for anyone interested.. i am not computer literate enough to know how to make it so y'all can do it on your own (maybe someone who knows more can clarify on that too! -- boy I'm a lot of help! lol) I hope that it prints out well for y'all.. i tried printing it on my cruddy old stupid printer and it didn't come out well at all. so i'm gonna try to print it on my MIL's printer next door before i go out to get a bazillion copies of it at officemax tonight. be blessed :) and let me know if you want the brochure redone for you.. -Amanda

Oh another thing.. I got a letter from an organization that is doing a golf outing to benefit The Watchful Shepherd (watchful.org), an organization that prevents & stops child abuse.. any suggestions on how to go about contacting themand asking them to do a fundraiser instead of me pledging $1500 in support (which i definately do not have!!)... ? it's a local organization and they contacted me though i dont know how they got my information. so i least have my foot in the door, so to speak.. thanks :)

awesome!That is a great flyer! I'm sure it will be just what you need to get your business going again! Best of luck.
And it really does look professional!

this is a greatflyer - very professional & I am excited to use it. Thank you for sharing your flyer & your story. Best of luck.

Esther

Hi! Right out of college, I worked for a non-profit Child Welfare Agency here in Ohio. People/groups would call us all the time about wanting to do something for us like raise money or collect items. All requests had to be submitted in writing (a proposal of sorts with basic details) to the Public Information Officer. If it is a small organization I would ask to speak with whoever deals with publicity/press releases, etc. That person should be able to let you know whether it would be an option. Good luck with everything!!! Chris

You have done a wonderful job on the flyer! It really does look professional! Best of luck on your fundraiser and I hope you become active again soon!

is there any way for you to send out the brochure to me in my email account i can not open it and am not very computer savey. I wish i could see everything but for some reason i can not download.

thanks
[email protected]

1. How did you become involved in "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need"?

I have always had a passion for helping others and giving back to my community. Growing up, my parents instilled in me the value of service and making a positive impact in the world. As I got older, I found myself drawn to organizations and causes that aligned with my values and allowed me to make a difference. This led me to become involved in "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need".

2. What inspired you to write about your journey in "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need"?

As I continued on my journey to make a difference, I realized that my experiences and lessons could potentially inspire and motivate others to take action and make a positive impact in their own communities. I wanted to share my story and showcase the power of small acts of kindness and service in creating a bigger change.

3. Can you share a specific example of how "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need" has impacted someone's life?

One of the most memorable moments from my journey was when I organized a fundraiser for a local homeless shelter. Through the event, we were able to raise enough money to provide food, shelter, and resources for the shelter's residents. Afterwards, I received a heartfelt letter from one of the shelter's residents, expressing their gratitude for the support and how it had positively impacted their life. It was a reminder of the power of giving back and the impact it can have on individuals in need.

4. How can others get involved in "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need"?

There are many ways to get involved and make a difference in your community. You can start by researching local organizations or causes that align with your values and interests. It could be volunteering your time, donating to a charity, or even using your talents and skills to raise awareness and support. Every small action can make a big difference.

5. What do you hope readers take away from "Making a Difference: My Journey to Help Those in Need"?

I hope that readers are inspired to take action and make a positive impact in their own communities. I want them to see that even small acts of kindness and service can create a ripple effect and bring about meaningful change. I also hope that readers gain a deeper understanding of the importance of giving back and the impact it can have on both individuals and society as a whole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
country cook
  • Laura Kavanaugh