• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Earnings from Catalog Shows: Tips for Hosts and Reps

In summary, Lisa was told by her PC catalog representative that she only gets $90 for a $500 show. Lisa talks to other PC catalog representatives and finds out that their hosts are typically paid $115 for a show. Lisa is given the option to do a $15 cooking show or a $30 catalog show. Lisa chooses the $30 catalog show and is given a long list of items she can order for free if she collects orders from family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors.
n8vtxn
I have a host doing a catalog show for me and when I was talking to her on the phone she says - I ONLY get $90 for doing a $500 show! Did it go down? I told her how she also gets the half price items, etc. And how our products are VERY responably priced, etc. but she sounded so annoyed! I didn't even know what else to do.

What would you say?

First, don't mean to make matters worse but if it's a catalog show then she only gets $75, cooking hosts get $15 hospitality bonus. Secondly, I would ask her what she is looking to purchase from her free products because it's obvious that she is wanting more than $90. I would then work with her to achieve her goal for her show. Or you could say that you don't know of any other programs for host out there that are as generous as PC.

That's a toughie...

LOL that cracks me up. ONLY $90?! She's getting PAID (in product) to have people to her house, sit and watch a demonstration, and ask a few friends if they want to order something. Did she think she was going to get $250 free or something? PC is so unbelievably generous with their hosts.. what other company gives their hosts so much? bah.. some people can never have enough.
like andrea posted, i'd ask her for what is on her wish list and help figure out the best way to order what she wants for the least amount of money (and the most savings). that way maybe she'll feel like you're trying to help her save some money, even if she feels "stiffed" by TPC.. (lol that still cracks me up..)

Or you could tell her that she could sign up as a consultant and earn all of the new products for free and then she wouldn't have to worry about her "that's it" amount of $90!

Tell her, if she's used to the points system, you'd be gald to shwo her a comparison of what you would have gotten and what you can get now!! I had a show as a hostess right before changed from Points to $ and I got robbed, lol.

I'm sure I've still got it somewhere on my computer, if you need it, I can try and see if I've still got it.

Lisa

I would have agreed with her and gave her the impression that I was hoping she would have a much higher show. "I know $90 won't go very far for the amount of products you were hoping to get! My AVERAGE host gets $115, but I know you are well above average, so I'm sure you'll be getting well over $215 in products for free!" Then point out that she could collect only a couple of orders for cookware sets and she'd be well on her way!

Catalog show vs Cooking showRemind her that she wanted to do a catalog show instead of a cooking show. It's automatically $15 more for a show in your home. Tell her that her goals can be done if she collects orders from everyone she knows. Make a list for her:
Family
Friends
Neighbors
Women at doctor's offices
Women at dentist's offices
Co-workers
Husband's Co-workers
The list is long and can be used to her advantage. Let her know if she does want that extra $15 you can meet her at work during her lunch hour to do a small demo and give out an appetizer, or something that doesn't need to be baked. Try the micro cake in the fluted pan. Or tell her you can do a cooking show with her and her family, friends and neighbors one night to get that extra $15. Remind her that the $15 actually helps her pay for ingredients for her show, but cooking shows generate more sales.
If not encourage her to really try to get higher sales by maybe offering something small and FREE for every $50 order. Free bamboo tongs or Free quikut paring knife from the door prize list. I just had a $700 catalog show, so it can be done!!
Good luck
Debbie Mireles

1. How can hosts maximize their earnings from catalog shows?

Hosts can maximize their earnings by inviting as many people as possible to the show, offering incentives for attendees to place orders, and promoting the show well in advance. They can also work closely with their Pampered Chef consultant to plan the show and choose the most popular products to feature.

2. Do reps receive any benefits for hosting catalog shows?

Yes, reps can earn commission and bonuses for sales made at catalog shows. They may also receive additional rewards or incentives from Pampered Chef for hosting successful shows.

3. How can reps help hosts increase their sales at a catalog show?

Reps can provide hosts with tips and tricks for promoting the catalog show, such as sharing it on social media, sending out personalized invitations, and offering exclusive deals or discounts. They can also offer personalized product recommendations and assist with any questions or concerns attendees may have.

4. Can hosts earn free products or discounts from hosting a catalog show?

Yes, hosts can earn free products or discounts based on the total sales made at their catalog show. The more sales generated, the more rewards the host will receive.

5. Is there a minimum sales requirement for hosts to earn rewards from a catalog show?

Yes, hosts must reach a minimum sales amount to be eligible for rewards from a catalog show. This amount may vary depending on the specific promotion or campaign. Hosts can work with their Pampered Chef consultant to set achievable goals and maximize their earnings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amybee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ButterflyVioletta