• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Is This the Perfect Opportunity for Your Friend to Afford a Trip to Europe?

In summary, Sarah's friend is a college student who is considering going on a trip to Europe next spring/summer but doesn't know how she would afford it. I posted on Sarah's Facebook wall that I had a way for her to make some extra money, and her mother commented that it would be a great opportunity for her daughter. Sarah PM'd me with a link to my website where she could find more information about the opportunity, and I sent her my phone number so she could call. Amy, who is Amy's mother, replied to Sarah today and said that she is not interested in joining the opportunity at this time because she has too much else going on. If Sarah would like to be on my mailing list to
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
A FB friend who is a college student recently stated she wants to go on a trip next spring/summer to Europe, but doesn't know how she'd afford it. I posted that I had a way to earn extra money (just that, no mention of PC), and she commented she'd like some info. Her mother even commented (she knew what I was talking about), that she thought it would be a great opportunity for her daughter.

I sent a PM with a link to my website, telling her to check out the Join My Team section, as well as the phone number for the opportunity call.

I received this from her today:

Hi Sarah!
Yes, I am very familiar with the Pampered Chef products and have actually been to a few parties before myself. I realy appreciate you thinking of me for this opportunity, however at this time I don't think I'm in a position to spend time on this. Between school and two other part time jobs, I don't have alot of extra time on my hands.

Thank you for thinking of me though!
Amy

I really like this girl and her whole family, and I know she'd be an AWESOME consultant. What would you say to convince her to consider joining now (not "hope you think of me when the time is right"), without sounding pushy?

Actually, to me, it sounds like it's not something she's interested in, and she's trying to tell you so in a nice way. She doesn't sound indecisive or questioning it - she's pretty much just saying no.

I agree with Becky. You already did ask her to consider joining now (by sending her info) and she was quite clear that she is flat out not interested. If you want to keep in touch, I would say something along the lines of: I'm happy that you like our products and have been to a few shows. Would you like to be on my mailing list so you can be notified of product and host specials?

You could offer to do a fundraiser for her....

Respond back with "If I could show you how to fit it into your schedule would you be interested?"

It's about overcoming objectives or getting to the bottom of a REAL no.

She is TELLING you it's about her schedule, but it COULD be that she's not interested, however DON'T ASSUME you know which one it is!

You HAVE to ask her. If she says "Thanks, but not right now, or not really." Then there is your answer. If she says yes or maybe, then that is your open door to proceed.

NEVER assume that a lead is a definite no because they give you an objection like this- that is the best way to loose recruits and business!

I agree, it sounds like she's not interested, but it still doesn't hurt to hit on the "time" issue that she mentioned. How about something like:
Amy,

What if I could show you how to alleviate those other two part time jobs and still make money to help save for your trip? It's certainly possible. With Pampered Chef, YOU set your hours. YOU decide when you want to work and how much you want to work each month. And (best of all) you don't have to conform to a boss' schedule! Since your schedule would be flexible, you could design your work hours where they don't interfere with important study times. :D

If you would like to sit down and review the opportunity with me, I'd be more than happy to help you. If the Pampered Chef is not for you, then I certainly respect your decision. But I did want to make sure that it's an informed decision. ;)

Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me if you'd like to learn more!

Sarah

At that point, I'd leave the ball in her court and not continue to push the topic unless she asks for more info.

I agree with Kdangel; that I would bring up the time issue. That may be what is holding her back. If she has already decided that she really is not interested, what have you got to lose? At this point, I would say to myself ,"This is a good training opportunity."

Has she been informed of the actual income potential in dollars and cents? I know most of the PC information doesn't usually show the commission potential (I just checked the info on the PWS- it's not there...can't remember about the opportunity #). That information comes from us. Perhaps you can word a reply (or call her) to express how you understand how it would be tough to fit in...maybe she doesn't realize she can set her own schedule (1, 2 shows a week, month, etc), and that she can earn about $100 a show on average. *She may not be making CLOSE to that much doing part-time jobs..>I know I never did.* Let her know that if she has any future questions or if circumstances change- to give you a call....

How did it work out?

1. How do I respond to customer complaints?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, it's important to handle customer complaints with empathy and professionalism. Start by listening to the customer's concerns and acknowledging their feelings. Then, offer a solution or compensation that meets their needs. Follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction.

2. What should I do if I don't know the answer to a customer's question?

If you encounter a question from a customer that you are unsure how to answer, it's important to be honest. Let the customer know that you are not sure, but you will find the answer for them. Take the time to research and reach out to a more experienced colleague or your supervisor for assistance.

3. How can I build rapport with customers?

Building rapport with customers is essential for creating a positive and lasting impression. Start by actively listening to their needs and showing genuine interest in their concerns. Use positive body language and maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor. Personalize interactions by using the customer's name and remembering details about them.

4. How do I handle difficult or rude customers?

Encountering difficult or rude customers can be challenging, but it's important to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to understand their perspective. Apologize for any inconvenience and offer a solution. If the situation becomes too hostile or abusive, it's important to involve a supervisor or manager.

5. How can I upsell or suggest additional products to customers?

Upselling or suggesting additional products is a great way to increase sales and provide customers with a more comprehensive solution. When making product suggestions, make sure to highlight the benefits and value they provide. Pay attention to the customer's needs and offer products that complement their initial purchase. Avoid being pushy or aggressive, and always respect the customer's decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeaLorene