• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Respond to This Host?

a 6-15 guest Cooking Show, then she'll probably not get the type of sales she's expecting to get out of either unless she really markets for the outside orders.
Jennie50
Got this email from a host I've been trying to work out a date with...how would you respond to her? I've never done a combined show, but I've heard from all of you that they don't typically go well. I feel I need to respond carefully, because, 1) she is my daughter's dance teacher, and 2) she's already broached the subject the Premier girl, and she's apparently "cool with it." I don't want to be the uncool one...

"Would you be able to do a party at the studio if I also had one other business doing one as well. Like a 2 for one? I wanted to do premiere jewelry as well, but I don't know if I could get a bunch of people to come twice. I was hoping maybe we could split the " presentation time" and then have time for just questions and looking at everything? I thought I could entice everyone there with sweets and coffee: ) If you think it's too awkward or won't work I understand. The jewelry women is cool with it. I just thought I would have more luck getting a bunch of people there for one event."

Because she's sensitive to the fact that you may not be "cool" with it, I would definitely let her know how much you appreciate that!

That being said, since the invitations have not gone out, I don't see why THIS type of situation wouldn't work. As long as the guests know beforehand that both of you will be there. I find that it's when the other vendor is a "surprise guest" that it creates issues. If she's wanting to do this this month, you could take the opportunity to make it like a "Last Chance, First Glance" party, highlighting the products guests will not be able to get after this month and get bookings and pre-orders for new products. If the host wants to split time, I would make sure you go FIRST!!! Get the guests totally involved and sold on the products they want/need before they commit mentally to some unnecessary jewelry.

If it's presented to the guests correctly and the host gives you equal or better time, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Me personally..I don't do a lot of shows. So..I take what I can get. So I would do it.

I'd probably do the show, too. I would prepare her though, for the possibility of low sales for each party type because people will be splitting their money. So she'll want to really invite EVERYONE she knows to help combat that. ;) Hopefully you'll get some bookings off of it, too.

JUST make sure you do a demo w/ food, and that you get to go first!

I have found that it isn't as bad with jewelry as long as a wide range of people are invited. Many love jewelry and others love cooking or having options for quick health meals. When I have done combined jewelry shows I see people that have never been to one of my shows because they just "aren't into the cooking stuff but love jewelry". Sometimes I even convert them LOL

Two things I picked up in your post:
1. This is your daughter's dance teacher
2. Mention of show being at the studio

From that information I would have to assume she has a large number of contacts to invite to this dual show. I would look at it as a contact gathering mission and sales would be icing on the cake.

Food is always a big draw. I did a show last week - where I walked into a combined show and didnt know it! She had Premiere set up in the dining room, and Arbonne in the family room - but I had the kitchen and that is where everyone migrated. We closed on Wed. at $920.00. She was trying for a $1000.00 show and I explained to her that it would been, but often guests will only be able to spend a set amount $$$ and with 2 other vendors, they had to divide their money.:)

If you are looking at it like a vendor event, then why not. IF she's planning to invite 200+ people, it could definitely work. If you are looking at it like a 6-15 guest Cooking Show, then she'll probably not get the type of sales she's expecting to get out of either unless she really markets for the outside orders.

Personally, Id do it. Why not, its a show. Plus you may get bookings off it.

Sheila said:
If you are looking at it like a vendor event, then why not. IF she's planning to invite 200+ people, it could definitely work. If you are looking at it like a 6-15 guest Cooking Show, then she'll probably not get the type of sales she's expecting to get out of either unless she really markets for the outside orders.

I don't know the number of guests she's thinking of inviting (we haven't gotten that far...just working on booking a date), but she initially said to me jokingly (?) that she might have one of her dance instructors co-host with her because she doesn't have that many friends. Now, I can't imagine that that's true, 'cuz she owns a successful dance studio, has lived in the area for quite a while, is involved in the arts community, etc. I'll definitely encourage her to invite everyone she knows, though, and hope for the best.

It sounds like the Premier person may be another student's parent so the teacher doesn't feel she can pick just one of you. Be sure to coach her on making personal contact with people. Just putting up a sign in the studio will not get anyone there. The teacher needs to do the e-mails and phone calls to get people there and talk it up to parents when they pick up their kids. Hopefully she is inviting more than just students' parents. Have her cast a wide net. By explaining how the sales will be split between the two companies, it may get her motivated.

Jennie50 said:
I don't know the number of guests she's thinking of inviting (we haven't gotten that far...just working on booking a date), but she initially said to me jokingly (?) that she might have one of her dance instructors co-host with her because she doesn't have that many friends. Now, I can't imagine that that's true, 'cuz she owns a successful dance studio, has lived in the area for quite a while, is involved in the arts community, etc. I'll definitely encourage her to invite everyone she knows, though, and hope for the best.

She may not be thinking of even inviting clients/customers....thinking it's inappropriate or something. So definitely encourage her to do that! Why not?!

ChefBeckyD said:
JUST make sure you do a demo w/ food, and that you get to go first!

What would you guys demo? She want's to do the party in the largest room of the studio, which is actually like a small theater with a built-in stage. There are no cooking facilities, but we could bring in a microwave, and/or I could make things ahead of time and bring them over.

Salsa in the mfp; make ahead the chicken clubhouse squares (but have the guests fix the toppings); if you bring a microwave, do a lava cake. You could set up stations and divide the people into groups to make the different recipes.

I once did a combined show with Tastefully Simple. There weren't very many people there. I was worried about it, but I ended up over $400! I don't think that the TS girl did quite as well. I definitely say go for it!

I would do something that didn't involve the work of bringing in a microwave. The salsa in the MFP is perfect. Or, pre-make some of the dips with our rubs, pour a sauce over cream cheese with crackers, and make a pitcher of the Itty Bittys (with or w/o the alcohol) with small cups to sample. That way if there are people who "don't cook", they'll hopefully buy some of the pantry items. If you are sharing time, keep it short, sweet and simple. People only want to listen for so long.

I asked my Mother-in-law the other day if she was ready to host (since I started my business in Japan, and she's always been in TX, she's never hosted). She said she wouldn't know who to invite. I told her to start with the people she knows who eats. :p

Knowing her, she spent two whole days thinking about that statement and realized that she does know enough "people who eat" to host a show. 2 days later she came back & said she was ready to host.

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef party more successful?

One way to make your Pampered Chef party more successful is to invite a diverse group of people, including friends, family, and coworkers. You can also consider offering special deals or discounts for guests who bring a friend or place an order during the party. Additionally, providing a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere with delicious snacks and refreshments can help make your guests feel more at ease and excited to shop.

2. What are some ways to encourage guests to book a party with me?

There are a few ways to encourage guests to book a party with you. Firstly, be sure to showcase the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as earning free and discounted products, trying out new recipes, and having a fun time with friends. You can also offer incentives for guests who book a party during your current one, such as an extra free product or a discount on their first order. Lastly, be sure to follow up with guests after the party and remind them of the perks of hosting a party with you.

3. How should I handle a guest who is not interested in purchasing anything?

It's important to remember that not all guests will be interested in purchasing products at your party. However, you can still make them feel welcome and valued by offering them a catalog and letting them know that they can place an order at a later time. You can also ask if they would be interested in hosting a party themselves, as this can be a great way for them to try out products and earn rewards.

4. What are some tips for keeping guests engaged and interested during the party?

To keep guests engaged and interested during the party, it's important to have a well-planned and organized demonstration. Be sure to have all the necessary products and tools ready, and practice your demonstration beforehand. You can also involve guests by having them help with certain tasks or asking for their input on recipes or products. Additionally, offer fun games or activities throughout the party to keep guests entertained and interested.

5. How should I handle a guest who is hesitant about the prices of Pampered Chef products?

If a guest expresses concern about the prices of Pampered Chef products, it's important to educate them on the quality and value of the products. You can share personal experiences and testimonials from other satisfied customers, as well as highlight the benefits and features of the products. Additionally, you can offer alternative options, such as hosting a party to earn free and discounted products, or purchasing products during a sale or promotion. Remember to always be understanding and respectful of your guests' concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • prissylovescooking