• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling a Guest Order Error for a Booked Show | BBQ Rubs and Mixes

In summary, the guest booked a show, ordered some products, and forgot to get back to the host to let them know she was sorry and would like to keep the guest special. The host is about to close the show and the guest has not contacted them yet.
taterbug
This might not be the right place for this post....sorry.
I had a guest at a show this past Saturday who placed an order and booked a show. She purchased a little over $60 worth of products, therefore, eligible for two free rubs.
As I was entering the receipts in P3, I realized that she had actually chosen two mixes (not rubs) for her free item, which of course are not free. I sent her an email and told her that although the mixes were not a part of the guest special that I would be glad to order them for her and I would pay for them. By doing that she would be receiving what she thought were her free items and since the two rubs would still be available, I would just keep those.
I also told her that even though I would be out of pocket for her mixes, it was fine with me because since I am highlighting the BBQ Chicken in my demos, I can use all of the Smoky BBQ rub that I can get and this would just keep me from having to place a supply order. I also told her that I would be happy to eat the cost because she booked a show.
She emailed back and apologized for the error and said that she would look at the catalog again and pick out two rubs if that was ok. I emailed her back and told her that was fine or if she wanted to just keep it as is with the mixes, that was fine too.
So far today I have not heard from her. Here is my question - the host will be ready to close the show by Saturday. If I have not heard back from this guest, should I try contacting her again, place her order with the two mixes for her (at my cost) and the rubs for me, or remove her mixes and just pick two rubs for her?
Normally I wouldn't dare ask about me keeping the guest special but since I am offering to buy her two mixes at $5.75 each, and she obviously didn't want a rub, I thought this was more than fair as she is coming out a lot better.

Call her, don't handle this via email.

Call her, she probably just got busy and forgot to get back with you. If you can't reach her let the host know what is going on. Lots of times my host have alternate numbers for her friends that are a better way of reaching them than what I was given at the show.

Since her last thoughts were that she wanted to take another look and possibly do the rubs, I'd really try to call her before submitting it. I'd factor the show total w/o the mixes for the total for your host, just in case she does in fact just stick to picking out the 2 rubs.

Dear Host,Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to my attention. It's understandable that mistakes can happen, especially when there are so many great products to choose from in our catalog.I appreciate your proactive approach in contacting the guest and offering to cover the cost of the mixes she selected. It shows great customer service and a willingness to go above and beyond for your clients.In this situation, I would suggest reaching out to the guest one last time to confirm her selection for the free items. If you do not hear back from her, I would recommend removing the mixes and selecting two rubs for her instead. This way, she will still receive the guest special and you will not be out of pocket for the cost of the mixes.Thank you for being a dedicated consultant and for always putting your clients first. Your efforts do not go unnoticed and I'm sure your host and guest will appreciate your exceptional service.Best regards,

How Would You Handle This: Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is "How Would You Handle This"?

A: "How Would You Handle This" is a scenario-based training program designed to help Independent Pampered Chef Consultants learn how to handle common challenges and situations they may encounter while running their business.

Q: Who can participate in "How Would You Handle This" training?

A: Any Independent Pampered Chef Consultant can participate in "How Would You Handle This" training. It is a valuable resource for both new and experienced Consultants to improve their skills and knowledge.

Q: How often are new scenarios added to the "How Would You Handle This" training program?

A: New scenarios are added to the "How Would You Handle This" training program on a regular basis, typically every few months. This ensures that the training remains up-to-date and relevant to current business practices.

Q: Can I access "How Would You Handle This" training on my mobile device?

A: Yes, the "How Would You Handle This" training program is accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. This allows Consultants to participate in training anytime, anywhere.

Q: Is there a cost for participating in "How Would You Handle This" training?

A: No, there is no cost for Independent Pampered Chef Consultants to participate in "How Would You Handle This" training. It is a complimentary resource provided to help Consultants succeed in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies