• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Follow up With These Leads?

In summary, the conversation discusses two situations regarding following up with leads from a vendor event. The first situation involves a raffle for a free cooking show, but some of the winners checked "no" to hosting. The speaker wonders if they should mention this when following up. The second situation involves trading leads with another vendor and the speaker is unsure how to approach the follow-up, as they did not have any sales at the event. Possible solutions include offering gift certificates and emphasizing the benefits of hosting a show. The conversation ends with a general question about follow-up strategies when the raffle prize does not lend itself to being an "everyone wins" situation.
ChefCat
I am not sure how to follow up with some of the leads from my last vendor event. There are two situations.

1) My raffle was "enter to win a free cooking show." I used the PC drawing slips that ask I would like to learn more about: Hosting a fun cooking show. Three of the people checked "no" to hosting but the raffle was to win a free show. I'm confused. For everyone one else I called and said congratulations you won the free cooking show blah, blah, blah. But since these one said no to hosting I wonder if I should say anything about it? "Congrats you won, but I see you weren't interested anyway. So would you consider?" I wouldn't actually say those words of course, but should I acknowledge it in any way? Or just go with my standard, you won....?

2) Situation two is that I traded some leads with a cluster mate who worked the same event on a different day. We traded a few based on location to get people closer to us. Her raffle was "Enter to win the host benefits generated for the show/event." I actually didn't have any sales at the show so I don't have any benefits to give away. I want to be able to call the leads on a positive note though. I am OK with offering them a free cooking show, but what if they ask about the host benefits? Should I just say you won $10 free, but if you host a show I will double it to $20 free? Or some sort of promotion?

Which leads to a more general question, if the raffle you do at a show doesn't lend itself to be an everyone wins raffle like free show, then how do you follow up? What do you say when you call? "Thank you for stopping by the PC booth. Have you ever considered hosting?"

Thanks for any advice! =)

1) I would say call those three and say, "You entered my drawing to win a free cooking show... and I'm looking forward to doing a fantastic cooking show for you and your friends completely free of charge! I will be providing the groceries and entertainment, and you can invite as many friends as you would like...I love our cooking shows because our hosts get to earn so many free products of their own choice. I would love to set a date now, or I can send you a packet for you to peruse and give you a call back in a few days to see if we can get you on my calendar." They signed up for the prize, this is what the prize is - and the only reason they may not want to "host" a show is because of any cost it may incur to them - by eating the cost of the groceries, you are truly making it a "free" show.2) I would offer them $5 gift certificates (redeemable through you only) which you triple to $15 if they choose to host a show. I did this recently at a vendor event and booked 3 shows from "maybes"...

So for situation 1 you would proceed as normal even though they checked no to hosting. That is what I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure.I like the $5 tripled into $15 for hosting. I want to offer something to help boost and grow my business, but I also didn't want to go overboard with the giveaways.Thank you Nancy for your ideas and time! =)

Nep2nfly said:
1) I would say call those three and say, "You entered my drawing to win a free cooking show... and I'm looking forward to doing a fantastic cooking show for you and your friends completely free of charge! I will be providing the groceries and entertainment, and you can invite as many friends as you would like...I love our cooking shows because our hosts get to earn so many free products of their own choice. I would love to set a date now, or I can send you a packet for you to peruse and give you a call back in a few days to see if we can get you on my calendar."

They signed up for the prize, this is what the prize is - and the only reason they may not want to "host" a show is because of any cost it may incur to them - by eating the cost of the groceries, you are truly making it a "free" show.

I like this approach a great deal.

For #2, it doesn't matter what you offer, as long as they win it. Trust me, only 1 person in a million (if that!) will remember what prize was offered. If they were that interested, they would have talked to you about hosting a show right then and there. If, however, someone DOES mention the prize offered, tell the truth - you didn't receive any orders at the event, but you'd be happy to coach them on how to earn lots of FREE product at their show.

pampchefsarah said:
For #2, it doesn't matter what you offer, as long as they win it. Trust me, only 1 person in a million (if that!) will remember what prize was offered.

Good point. I wondered that. I guess the wise thing for me to do is just call them already! It is way over 24-48 hours. Still under a week, but I need to stop thinking about it all so much and just DO IT!

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes for you!!

1. How soon should I follow up with a lead?

It is recommended to follow up with a lead within 24-48 hours. This shows that you are attentive and interested in their business.

2. What is the best way to follow up with a lead?

The best way to follow up with a lead is through a personalized email or phone call. This allows for a more personal and direct communication with the lead.

3. How many times should I follow up with a lead?

It is recommended to follow up with a lead at least 3 times. This gives them enough time to respond and shows your persistence and dedication to their business.

4. Should I follow up with a lead on weekends or holidays?

It is best to avoid following up with a lead on weekends or major holidays. This shows respect for their personal time and can also increase the chances of them responding during a regular work week.

5. What should I include in my follow-up message or call?

Your follow-up message or call should include a brief reminder of who you are, your previous interaction with the lead, and a clear call to action. This could be scheduling a meeting or a product demonstration, or simply asking for their feedback on a previous conversation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • esavvymom