• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Earnings: Team Leader vs Senior Consultant in Direct Sales Industry

In summary, -Team has fallen apart--no one is working-My director title is gone (but will probably be back in August--woohoo!)-I signed one new consultant on 7/26 and another on 7/31. -Cons Connection shows them as ACTIVE for July.-I was under the impression I'd get paid as a Team Leader since I'll have three "active" for July and my sales were over $2500. My director tells me I'll get paid as a Senior Consultant since the two
chefkathy
My team has fallen apart--no one is working. My director title is gone (but will probably be back in August--woohoo!)

Good news is I had one consultant turn in $500 this month, so she is active and working.

I signed one new consultant on 7/26 and another on 7/31. Cons Connection shows them as ACTIVE for July.

I was under the impression I'd get paid as a Team Leader since I'll have three "active" for July and my sales were over $2500. My director tells me I'll get paid as a Senior Consultant since the two new gals don't have any sales--that I would need two consultants submitting $150 each to get paid as a TL.

Anyone know?

They are only technically active if they submit sales in a month regardless of when they sign. So to be a TL, you would need at least 2 that submitted sales and total team sales of $2500+. HTH. :(

I'm in the same boat as you Deb. My biz and my team are falling apart and I feel like I'm starting over.

I'm with you guys too. My business has tanked. I did sign two new consultants this month and am really looking forward to helping them get their business started. I need to spend some time on my business and can't find every excuse in the book not too. I get really motivated about 11:30 at night...then it's gone in the morning. I wonder how many people were directors April 1 that are not directors as of today. Just htink it would be interesting to know. Have a good day everyone!

:)
Jennifer

if i commented here it would be our teams BLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP AS DOES THE "PLAN" BBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

morfia said:
if i commented here it would be our teams BLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP

AS DOES THE "PLAN" BBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Feel better? ;)

Yep, my business is in the trash too. Thought I'd sound off as well. We're all in the same boat. Although it's my personal business that is a piece of *&$% at the moment. My team is decent (I only had one SC line out of my three active though) but that could fall apart at a moment's notice.

It's SO hard to be motivated! I need new blood, but most for bookings!!!

It's good to vent (and I do feel better now!), but what should we DO about it? I personally wouldn't mind a booking blitz sometime soon. Anyone else? Or they could be recruiting calls too???

I'd love to do a booking blitz. I need set time to do work and during the summer, I have such a hard time doing that!!

My bookings are good, my recruiting, training, and retention suck. :(But with the bookings I do have lately, attendance and sales are down. :(

I'm trying REALLY hard not to hate the new career plan...but I feel like I am climbing a mounting of crumbling pebbles and loose bricks and I can't get any footing and it's all slipping out from under me.I promoted to AD on July 1st - yipee!! I got a new title - and a fancy pin - hooray!
Yet for the month of July I am being paid as a TL. Thanks for the title...but it doesn't pay the bills.My new director that promoted July 1st (thus making me an AD) had all sorts of personal problems in July and submitted ZERO as did all of her team members. Yes...ZERO. All month long she was talking about how one of her team members was pulling together a Catty show and another had a bunch of orders and then when I finally heard from her at 9pm last night --- NOTHING.I am sick. The difference it makes in my paycheck is over $400. That's my car payment and my cable bill right there. I could just cry.

these are all the things my AD hates about the new career plan, i was trying hard not to agree with her but basically if you have one consultant in the "pyramid" who doesn't submit it all falls apart....i think it is funny how last month I had 7 active consultants with their sales over 6,500 and this month I have 2 active with their sales just under 3,000, MY show schedule is booming..but my team......ugh...its hard to keep it all going at the same time! I will loose some $ this month....I am just tyring to see the bright side to the career plan...if there is one....stay positive girls :) hopefully our teams will "get it" soon or we find new ones that do!

I am trying to be positive (I've been crucified for being negative about all this before) but what frustrates me is that we are not to complain. If we express our frustration we need to adjust our attitude (and recruit and teach them to recruit and submit). I HATE the term "paid for performance". I am not a monkey. I agree that I should be selling and recruiting if I want to be a leader and to be paid as one but the fact that I HAVE TO have people under me who also recruit (perform) and that the right people perform is just a bit too much.

In my opinion, this career plan benefits those in higher and lower roles in the company but it doesn't do much for directors and AD's except stress us out. We are caught in the middle. I want to keep my title (at least) but I have to say that being paid as a TL with director responsibilities sucks. We shouldn't complain to our downline that we are not getting paid as a director and could lose it but we should share with them that they need to "perform" every month and recruit too. Okay. Whatever. In my case it doesn't help that I have no upper level director (or any directors for that matter) to team up with for meetings to help train them and pay for the expenses of doing that. [note: my director is AWESOME and does help me a lot but she's not HERE.]

There are things I DO like about the new plan.
1. We can't lose our team so the title and awards are right around the corner any month.
2. Consultants are rewarded immediately for recruiting.

Those things help us not lose it all but is the stress worth it?

Before anyone jumps on my back about my negativity: Yes I am frustrated with this program. Yes I still love being a PC director. Yes I have things going on in my life that help color my attitude (I think we all do).

Beth- that is EXACTLY how my AD feels, she is losing a lot under this new plan, it definately effects her and a lot of everyone one here, I will never jump on your back I want to try support any way I can...I've been trying to positive so long that is all I can do....we (my AD & I ) feel the new plan has us all stressed about everyone submitting...our upline is not HERE either she is in Chicago and above her...Seattle....

I don't like that my paycheck depends upon others...sigh....hang in there ((hugs))

Beth, I think now that we are all seeing the plan in action, it's hard NOT to be negative. I won't be jumping on ya. :)

(((((((((((((((Group Hug)))))))))))))))))I can't tell ya'll how comforting it is to know I am not alone in all these feelings. Beth, so much of what you said is exactly how I am feeling (esp the part about not being allowed to talk about how we feel without being told to adjust our attitudes)One of the things that is hardest for me is that I feel that as a Director or AD...it is my JOB to support my team, send them monthly newsletters (which now cost me more $ thru CC/PWS), hold monthly meetings (which cost me $ and family-time), motivate them with rewards (whether it be products, stickers, logo-stuff, gift cards, etc....that costs me $$) YET during the months that they don't perform (ie: two of them don't hold SC status), I don't get paid as a Director, so I lose my overrides and performance bonuses YET still have to shell out $ to pay for their rewards and motivators. Excuse my mouth but to me that is just F'ed Up. And it pisses me off. Because if I STOP with the rewards and motivators...they're not gonna perform b/c they're gonna be ticked...but to keep up with the rewards and motivators, it's costing me more than I can afford.Morfia - I am in LBI this week - Sun thru Thurs with my kids & Dad. Can't get away w/o kids & Dad but would love to see you so we can have a b*tch-fest and maybe a cry-fest. Maybe getting it all off our chests will help us to get past our frustration and then we can all start focusing on solutions?? Or we could all just get drunk...

dannyzmom said:
(((((((((((((((Group Hug)))))))))))))))))

I can't tell ya'll how comforting it is to know I am not alone in all these feelings. Beth, so much of what you said is exactly how I am feeling (esp the part about not being allowed to talk about how we feel without being told to adjust our attitudes)

One of the things that is hardest for me is that I feel that as a Director or AD...it is my JOB to support my team, send them monthly newsletters (which now cost me more $ thru CC/PWS), hold monthly meetings (which cost me $ and family-time), motivate them with rewards (whether it be products, stickers, logo-stuff, gift cards, etc....that costs me $$) YET during the months that they don't perform (ie: two of them don't hold SC status), I don't get paid as a Director, so I lose my overrides and performance bonuses YET still have to shell out $ to pay for their rewards and motivators. Excuse my mouth but to me that is just F'ed Up. And it pisses me off. Because if I STOP with the rewards and motivators...they're not gonna perform b/c they're gonna be ticked...but to keep up with the rewards and motivators, it's costing me more than I can afford.

Morfia - I am in LBI this week - Sun thru Thurs with my kids & Dad. Can't get away w/o kids & Dad but would love to see you so we can have a b*tch-fest and maybe a cry-fest. Maybe getting it all off our chests will help us to get past our frustration and then we can all start focusing on solutions?? Or we could all just get drunk...

Wish I could join you! :p

I totally agree with your comments about incentives (and what they cost us regardless of whether we're getting paid by PC to cover the expense of it) from us to our downlines - that is one of the main things my director pushes: "offer them something". She doesn't spend a lot on her team and doesn't expect me to but that's her thing to try to help me motivate them. At this point I don't have the money. They are getting things I've already purchased or products that I have on hand. Fortunately they are happy with that for the moment because there are other expenses of holding a meeting and being a director.

Okay! On to other things. I have a show tomorrow, recruit interview on Monday, team meeting on Thursday, then two more shows, then... Time to focus!

Thanks for letting me vent! We all need it sometimes!! :sun:

I made it but it was HE--L

morfia said:
I made it but it was HE--L

me too! I woke up stressed out (read my why oh why thread from yesterday) only to finally end it at 10 pm on the last day of the month.

It's definitely not worth it all the time and completely agree with EVERYONE on this thread!

Just wanted to share that I am in exactly the same boat!

Has everyone voiced their opinions to HO? Seems like that may be the only way to have a (more positive) change occur....

dannyzmom said:
- I am in LBI this week - Sun thru Thurs with my kids & Dad....

ummm, don't you live near a beach, yet you travel thousands of miles to go to a beach?????:bugeye::)

jwpamp said:
Has everyone voiced their opinions to HO? Seems like that may be the only way to have a (more positive) change occur....

The big message I got from HO while at NC was that if you don't like the new career plan you have two choices: suck it up & learn to deal with it....or leave. It's not changing.

ChefLoriG said:
ummm, don't you live near a beach, yet you travel thousands of miles to go to a beach?????:bugeye::)

LOL - yeah - I am 14 miles from the beach. But my Dad & Stepmom wanted to see us this summer and couldn't juggle their schedules to come down here...so they're flying the kids & me up there.

dannyzmom said:
The big message I got from HO while at NC was that if you don't like the new career plan you have two choices: suck it up & learn to deal with it....or leave. It's not changing.
Ha!Ha! EVERYTHING changes....they seem to like it when we tell them our feelings, just a thought....You heard from me immediately after the new Career Plan was unveiled at leadership. When everyone else was all excited and giddy, I shared my unhappiness with the changes and my concern about the effects that it would bring. I realized quickly that HO wouldn't be going back on their decision. That the upper levels would be getting more, the new consultants with 1 or 2 recruits would be getting more, and the directors in between would be getting the shaft.However, I determined in April that I could either work it the way HO wanted us to or not -- totally up to me. So I worked with my team and since April we have added 8 new team members (with 3 being personal recruits).I have 2 SC and 1 TL (who is on the verge of Directorship)....all since April. It's working for me. I am doing as much as I can and keeping positive. I encourage you to send your thoughts to HO. They do listen -- they may not do anything now, but you never know what the future will bring!

jwpamp said:
Ha!Ha! EVERYTHING changes....they seem to like it when we tell them our feelings, just a thought....

You heard from me immediately after the new Career Plan was unveiled at leadership. When everyone else was all excited and giddy, I shared my unhappiness with the changes and my concern about the effects that it would bring.

I realized quickly that HO wouldn't be going back on their decision. That the upper levels would be getting more, the new consultants with 1 or 2 recruits would be getting more, and the directors in between would be getting the shaft.

However, I determined in April that I could either work it the way HO wanted us to or not -- totally up to me. So I worked with my team and since April we have added 8 new team members (with 3 being personal recruits).

I have 2 SC and 1 TL (who is on the verge of Directorship)....all since April. It's working for me. I am doing as much as I can and keeping positive.

I encourage you to send your thoughts to HO. They do listen -- they may not do anything now, but you never know what the future will bring!

Janice thanks for the positive boost -- I think we all need to hear more from people like you who have found a way to get on board with the new program and MAKE IT WORK for you. I know sooner or later I am going to get there - I have no choice...and I hope to get there sooner rather than later. I am still in the kicking and screaming and pounding my fists stage. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me get through this...

I believe attitude is everything, even if you have to "fake it till you make it". Since leadership I have been very intentional in presenting the new program in a very positive light. I treat recruiting equal to shows in the training and explain over and over again how recruiting has nothing to do with us as consultants, but everything do offering an opprotunity to someone who just may really need this right now. I explain how someone who may not have their car payment this month or just needs to get out of the house once in awhile to keep their sanity is most likely not want to tell us. BUT we could be exactly what they need...so don't leave anyone out. Plus I stress that they don't have to train or coach, that's what I get paid for...LOL Anywa I have also tried a few things like making a big deal of the promotions at meetings....it's a separte part of recognition......SC gets a pin and a feathery boa, TL gets pin, boa, and small tiara, director gets pin, boa, and large tiara. Believe me they LOVE it. Plus I started a "Green Box" filled with stuff that has been collecting in my office. Old incentives etc... I know you can paint a Cheerio red and tell me to jump thru fire for it and I will! AND I'll keep it forever!!! LOL Anyway I have thhis at my meeting which is the second Mon of the month and who ever comews to the meeting already green gets to pick from it! Beleive me I have some that do it and the others I can tell want it. The point is to get them green early....less stress!! Since I have been doing all of this and more my team has exploded!! (Knock on wood!!) Since April I have promoted 1 director, 3 TL's and 3 SC's. One TL promoted in her first 60 days, the other has already 6 recruits (4 in her first 90 days) and is on the verge of directorship this month. PLUS my weakest part was getting people to qualify, so my goals now are to qualify them in their first 30 days. I remind them in an email what all they can get in their first 30 days so they can see it in black and white. Then we scedule a grand opening and their first shows in that time. It's working!! Our team sales went from average of $5000 in sales in Jan and Feb to jumping each month to a final of 20,000 in sales in July. AND we as a team have grwon the team by 27 people since April!! I'm not trying to toot my horn, it's just I know how the low side of the roller coaster can get us, if you really want it just grab a hold of your boots adjust your outlook and start kicking a**!!!!

You guys made me feel so much better--I was thinking there was something wrong with me...I was beginning to feel like a failure, so as much as I know this is frustrating, I'm kinda glad to hear we are all in this together. I don't understand why they would make it so hard on those of us who are directors--we are kind of their bread and butter, don't you think? My attitude has totally sucked this summer because I feel like I just can't get my head around this new plan. And if someone tells me "if you can't change your people change your people" I do believe I will just barf.

Ha! I didn't want to say that it's the -- "I'll be darned if I am giving my $10 per active consultant pay to my Director!" -- that keeps me going....but it is :blushing:

jwpamp said:
Ha! I didn't want to say that it's the -- "I'll be darned if I am giving my $10 per active consultant pay to my Director!" -- that keeps me going....but it is :blushing:

If you don't make your Directorship requirments, your Director DOES NOT get your activity bonus. No one does. How I wish I got paid to support everyone in my downline, but that is not how the program works.

Hmmm....I thought that when you relinquished Directorship (after month 3) you go back into your upline's Personal Cluster...at which time THE UPLINE would receive the $10 production bonus for each Direct and Indirect recruit in your line.Page 24 of the Career Plan Cards.

Beckie,
Could you email me what you send your new consultants by email of all they can earn in their first 30 days? [email protected]
Thanks!

cincychef said:
Beckie,
Could you email me what you send your new consultants by email of all they can earn in their first 30 days? [email protected]
Thanks!

Better yet please post it here!

jwpamp said:
Hmmm....I thought that when you relinquished Directorship (after month 3) you go back into your upline's Personal Cluster...at which time THE UPLINE would receive the $10 production bonus for each Direct and Indirect recruit in your line.

Page 24 of the Career Plan Cards.

That's true but our director doesn't get those production bonuses during the 3 months - no one does.

Wow, I haven't been on here in awhile because of limited time. After reading this today,I realize that I'm not alone. I was starting to beat myself up over my business. I thought I must be doing something wrong if now I won't be paid as a director.
For July I dropped in sales personally and beat myself up over it. In the end my overall cluster did almost 11,000, I had 8 gals submit, but out of my 3 SC only one of them held that title for the month. So I met my sales, cluster met their sales and because 1 other person didn't submit, I lose out. Like I read here, we are to still perform as a director and not get the bonus to help support the cost of things. Not a fair deal in my book.
I know that all I can do is move onto the next month. I thought having 3 SC would help me feel secure, but it doesn't.

bethcooks4u said:
That's true but our director doesn't get those production bonuses during the 3 months - no one does.

True, true, but we still get to do the work! Better to get paid for it, huh?

This is one I sent in July, I also attached the stoneware special and the new cons brochure.Hi Louisia!! Here are the current promotions. As you can see it will be VERY profitable for you to make it a goal to reach $1250 in sales in your first 30 days. I have your 30 day date as Aug 12th. I suggest booking your grand opening and 3 more shows in that 30 days so that you will have no problem reaching your goal. If you do you will get:$1250 in sales in 4 shows in your first 30 days:$100 PC bucks for 4 shows in first 30 days $100 PC bucks for $1250 in first 30 days2 pieces of stoneware of your choice (up to $115) for $1250 in first 30 days 2000 points for Disney Trip for hitting $1250 Free website use for 90 days for hitting $1250 in first 90 days Free booking slide for holding and submitting 2 Aug shows in Aug AND if your really ambitious FREE Christmas apron for holding and submitting 2 July shows in JulyWOW!!

Me too. I have chosen not to be stressed about it anymore because I don't have time to be! I'm a team leader as of right now and that is ok. It's WAY easier to be a team leader that is for sure! Yes, I'm losing $ but I'm not stressed anymore about what my team does. Yes, I still train them, yes I'm still having shows and trying to recruit. Yes, I still tout all the benefits of recruiting, but in the end it is their business. I can be there to support them if they want to go further or stay where they're at. I agree, I think D are getting a bum deal -- plus for all this effort we only get 500 extra incentive points -- I was a little aggravated about that. My upline has really been pushing me to get to director status again -- I do not respond well to pressure and I think that is why I've decided to be happy with TL.

Thanks Becky!,
I updated your rewards email for August and just sent it to my new recruit. We did her grand opening tonight!

Hi Angie!!
Here are the current promotions. As you can see it will be VERY profitable for you to make it a goal to reach $1250 in sales in your first 30 days. I have your 30 day date as Aug 31st. Great job your grand opening!! I suggest that you add 3 more shows in that 30 days so that you will have no problem reaching your goal.

If you do $1250 in sales in 4 shows in your first 30 days you will get:

$100 PC bucks for 4 shows in first 30 days

$100 PC bucks for $1250 in first 30 days

$150 PC bucks for your first recruit during your 30 days! (recruit must qualify in his or her 90 days)

$25 Visa gift card when your recruit qualifies in 30 days (see attachment)

Also $25 bonus on your paycheck when recruit qualifies in 90 days
1% override on your sales
1% override on recruits sales

2 pieces of stoneware of your choice (up to $115) for $1250 in first 30 days (see attachment)

2000 points for Disney Trip for hitting $1250

Free website use for 90 days for hitting $1250 in first 90 days

Free booking slide for holding and submitting 2 Aug shows by August 15th (see attachment)

WOW!!

You can track the PC dollars you earn during your 90 days by going to Consultants corner and hitting the button that says consultant connection. At the bottom under business summery there is a button for new consultant rewards. This will track all the PC dollars you earn.

Thanks for the charts to send to new recruits! I will definitely use them but I would add one thing to them.

...and a great commission check!

For those of you who have temporarily lost your directorship - are you planning to email your team and tell them? All I need is one more SC and I'll have mine back. Won't HO send them an email notifying them that they have a new director? Should I call each one of them and tell them or just send an email?

cincychef said:
If you do $1250 in sales in 4 shows in your first 30 days you will get:

THANK YOU!!

If I can add my 2 cents....I just sent it to a recruit lead and changed the IF to When!

pampmomof3 said:
THANK YOU!!

If I can add my 2 cents....I just sent it to a recruit lead and changed the IF to When!

I love that! Hope she signs!

"For those of you who have temporarily lost your directorship - are you planning to email your team and tell them?"

I thought about this, but wouldn't know what to say!!! I have busted my hiney for them for the past year....apathy. So.....I decided that I will continue to do meetings, BUT:

1) they will all sign up for something to do at the meeting--I have 5 areas I need covered, if they don't sign, we don't have a meeting

2) A different person will do the demo, including the food, and pay for it (I will point out that they can write it off)

3)rather than award them PC bucks or other prizes when they achieve goals, they can draw from my product basket because I will already have those things and not have to pay for anything out of pocket.

I plan on having them sign up, etc at the August meeting--IF we have one. I set up a "customer appreciation night/opportunity event" for them to bring people to, ran off postcards for them to pass out/mail out, so far virtually NONE of them have RSVP'd, even though 7 of them signed up to participate. So we may not have a meeting.

My intention is to just tell them frankly that I am no longer getting paid to be their director and I can't justify putting my own personal $$ out of pocket to cover meeting expenses. If they want to continue meetings, we will all have to chip in. I plan on being upbeat about it, but frank. However, I'm still not sure what/how to say it.

I am still a director but I was close to losing it (didn't qualify in May or June). I did tell them that I was in danger and what that meant. I have to say again though that just because I have the title doesn't mean I have the money - starting this month we'll really start seeing it since they won't be paying the higher of the two programs any more.

Most of my team are hobbyists (okay, they all are). I told them that because of all the changes in the program it will be on again off again for a while but that if we all work our business we'll stay intact as a team. I am training more on recruiting than ever before and encouraging them all to ask so that the pressure isn't on just a few. I said that once we get better established in the new program we'll all feel less pressure.

I also have told them that, while they won't be penalized by missing a month, Pampered Chef really wants everyone to submit every month and that it makes them more consistant and making more money.

I am recruiting too and am encouraging new recruits to find someone to start their business together with them (so far no luck there but I am setting the expectation).

I have changed my awards to products and supplies that I have on hand and am avoiding Merrill and other vendors until I have to use them for incentives. I ask others to bring a recipe and occasionally I make something but if no one volunteers we just don't eat.

We need to be upbeat but honest.

My team has no idea what is going on with my directorship. It's been a struggle for me all year, honestly. I have tried to hold my own meetings with another sister director and they never really took off--no one showed up--so I they probably don't feel like they're losing anything. The money isn't really an issue for me because I haven't spent anything on them--they haven't showed up to receive anything!I am back to doing meetings with my director and a different sister director. I don't like it, but at least there is a meeting happening every month (especially now since I'm having a baby and won't be available to do meetings for a month or two) and that way one or two of my people can show up without it feeling too small.

I give a pick from $1 items for every $1000 in sales at the meeting (I do with another Director), and reward Recruiting. That's it.

The other Director and I take turns on food for the Food Demo (less than $8 cost to me every other month).

I have simply kept recruiting. For now, it's working for me.

I also routinely send an e-mail the 3rd week of the month asking who is turning in sales by the end of the month "to stay active" so I can track my numbers. It gives me the chance to call them and work out a plan before it's too late.

I have 22 in my line and half turn in shows every month and we total between $5000 - $14,000 per month in sales. Not bad, but I am striving to Recruit 3 every month as a team to keep everything going.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Gagescorpages