• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Tips for Melting Nestle Morsels in the Microwave

In summary, to melt Nestle morsels, you can use a double boiler or microwave. It is not recommended to melt them in the oven as it can cause them to burn. The time it takes to melt them will vary, but on average it takes 1-2 minutes in the microwave and 5-10 minutes using a double boiler. You can also melt them with other ingredients like butter or cream for a smoother texture. It is not possible to melt Nestle morsels without a heat source.
Kimberlymmj
Do I just put them in the small batter bowl and put it in the microwave? Do I need to put oil in there? How long?

No oil....and be sure to nuke for 30 sec increments....stir after each 30 sec. You can use the batter bowl or the micro cooker....

Be sure to stir, as Laurie said. Chocolate does not change shape when it is melting...you have to stir it every 15-30 sec.

Also, make sure everthing that touches the chocolate (bowl in which it's cooking and the utensil you're using to stir it) is DRY. Even a drop of water will cause it to freeze up.

pampchefsarah said:
Also, make sure everthing that touches the chocolate (bowl in which it's cooking and the utensil you're using to stir it) is DRY. Even a drop of water will cause it to freeze up.

Very true!

esavvymom said:
Be sure to stir, as Laurie said. Chocolate does not change shape when it is melting...you have to stir it every 15-30 sec.

I agree with the stirring in intervals too!

I usually melt mine in our prep bowls or small batter bowl (depending on how many I need to melt). I have also used our small microcooker too.

If you want a velvety chocolate, add a very small amount of Crisco.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto on the stirring thing.
I melted some in the small micro cooker one time and forgot to stir them, burned a hole in the micro cooker!!

Melt the morsels with vanilla ice cream (see Chocolate velvet cake recipe).....tastes silky and like a melted Hershey's bar.....yumm:sing:........I leave the strawberry jam out. :yuck:

1. How do I melt Nestle morsels?

To melt Nestle morsels, you can use a double boiler or microwave. For the double boiler method, fill a saucepan with about 1 inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure it does not touch the water. Add the morsels to the bowl and stir frequently until melted. For the microwave method, place the morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.

2. Can I melt Nestle morsels in the oven?

No, it is not recommended to melt Nestle morsels in the oven as it can cause the morsels to burn and become unusable.

3. How long does it take to melt Nestle morsels?

The time it takes to melt Nestle morsels will vary depending on the method used and the amount of morsels being melted. On average, it takes about 1-2 minutes in the microwave and 5-10 minutes using the double boiler method.

4. Can I melt Nestle morsels with other ingredients?

Yes, Nestle morsels can be melted with other ingredients such as butter, cream, or oil to create a smoother and creamier texture. Just be sure to stir constantly to prevent burning.

5. Can I melt Nestle morsels without a heat source?

No, Nestle morsels need to be melted using heat in order to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. Trying to melt them without a heat source may result in uneven melting or burning of the morsels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
sharalam