1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How tomelt Nestle morsals

1. Kimberlymmj

Kimberlymmj Member

Do I just put them in the small batter bowl and put it in the microwave? Do I need to put oil in there? How long?

Jun 5, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

No oil....and be sure to nuke for 30 sec increments....stir after each 30 sec. You can use the batter bowl or the micro cooker....

3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Be sure to stir, as Laurie said. Chocolate does not change shape when it is melting...you have to stir it every 15-30 sec.

Jun 5, 2009
  4. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Also, make sure everthing that touches the chocolate (bowl in which it's cooking and the utensil you're using to stir it) is DRY. Even a drop of water will cause it to freeze up.

5. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Very true!

6. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I agree with the stirring in intervals too!

I usually melt mine in our prep bowls or small batter bowl (depending on how many I need to melt). I have also used our small microcooker too.

7. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

If you want a velvety chocolate, add a very small amount of Crisco.

8. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto on the stirring thing.
    I melted some in the small micro cooker one time and forgot to stir them, burned a hole in the micro cooker!!

Jun 9, 2009
  9. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Melt the morsels with vanilla ice cream (see Chocolate velvet cake recipe).....tastes silky and like a melted Hershey's bar.....yumm:sing:........I leave the strawberry jam out. :yuck:

Have something to add?