• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wrap a Basket for October-fest: Find Cellophane and Twixit Attachments

In summary, the author is donating a basket for an October-fest and wanted to attach it with a twixit. She found it near the gift wrapping items at Michael's or WalMart, and it usually lasts a long time. She also uses a twit it clip to hold the top of the basket.
ChefMary412
I am donating a basket for an October-fest. I wanted to wrap it in cellephaine (sp??). Where can I find that? I wanted to attach it at the top with a twixit.

I'm pretty sure you can find it near the gift wrapping items. I always stock up on it after christmas!! Last year I got it at Walmart for 25 cents a roll the day after Christmas!!

Cute idea with the twixit!! I'll have to borrow that one! :)

If you have a Michael's Craft store in your area, I'm pretty sure they sell them. If not, try a florist. They may be able to help you out. HTH...:)

Michael's and WalMart both sell cellophane bags that are large enough to put a basket in. The last time I bought some was at WalMart, about $3 for two in a package. I have used them several times for baskets that I donate for silent auctions, and I LOVE the idea you have to use a Twixit at the top!!! Definitely have to try that next time (I usually use cranberry-color ribbon).

Any floral supply should have the big (wide) cello roll.
I got one, and it lasts forever! I use it for everything.

Great idea w/ the twixit!

Like someone said, Michaels, Jo Ann's, or any craft store. I buy this stuff by the roll so I can cut the size I need. I use the kind that I need a hair dryer to make it all nice, snug and neat. It's pretty easy: place your "basket" in the center of the sheet. Gather the 4 corners and I secure with a rubber band first. This makes it easier to secure the bow without having to worry about ends. Then cover rubber band with pretty ribbon and tie a box. Then get the hair dryer, blast the bottom so that it conforms to the basket and you are good to go. I always put a $10 GC in these sort of things, redeemable through me.

I have used twit it clips to hold the top. People always get a kick out of that.

I'm not sure when you posted this question but if you have a Dollar Tree they have the basket shrink wrap for $1 and all you do is use your hair dryer to blow it thight.

I get mine from the Dollar Tree. It is the kind that you use a hair dryer to shrink wrap to the package.

Love the twixit idea! :)

Thanks. I got a shrink wrap bag from WalMart for 1.50... my husband gave me the idea about closing it with a twitit... creative guys!

The Dollar Stores have them too. You just take a hair dryer and it strinks to fit.

nylon tulle is also pretty

1. How do I choose the right basket for wrapping?

When choosing a basket for wrapping, it is important to consider the size and shape of the items you will be placing inside. Make sure the basket has enough room for all the items without being too crowded.

2. What materials do I need to wrap a basket?

You will need a basket, cellophane or clear wrapping paper, ribbon, scissors, and tape. You may also want to add some tissue paper or filler to give the basket a more polished look.

3. How do I wrap a basket without any gaps or wrinkles?

To avoid gaps or wrinkles, start by placing the basket in the center of the cellophane or wrapping paper. Pull one side of the paper up and over the basket, tucking it tightly against the opposite side. Do the same with the other side, making sure to pull it tightly and secure with tape. Repeat this process with the remaining sides, adjusting as needed to avoid any gaps or wrinkles.

4. How do I tie a bow on a wrapped basket?

To tie a bow on a wrapped basket, cut a long piece of ribbon and place it horizontally across the top of the basket. Take one end of the ribbon and bring it up and over the basket, crossing it with the other end of the ribbon. Tie a knot with the two ends, and then adjust the bow until it is the desired size and shape.

5. Can I add additional decorations to the basket?

Yes, you can add additional decorations to the basket such as a gift tag, flowers, or a small trinket. Just make sure the decorations are securely attached and do not make the basket too heavy or difficult to carry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Nanisu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies