• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Figuring Out How to Use a Can Opener: Tips & Tricks

In summary, this customer was not able to figure out how to use the can opener and contacted the consultant. The consultant told the customer that the can opener lays on the top of the can and that you have to close the wheels onto the top lip of the can in order to turn it. Once you turn it, you will feel it getting easier. The customer is also instructed to search for videos on YouTube to help them learn how to use the can opener.
adge
I had a customer contact me telling me she can't figuire out how to use the can opener, i dont have one to try and see if I can figure it out. is there a trick to it?

This is what I tell my customers when using it...."it lays on the top of the can ... not the side like most! The 2 little wheels (that turn the can) have to be closed onto the top lip of the can, when you close the can opener you've "grabbed" the can (I shake it and show them how it doesn't come off). Once you turn it ...you'll feel it getting easier...use the little "beaks" to pull the lid off!!!"Hope this helps.....I've walked customers through this over the phone!!!

It goes on the top of the can, not the side. The description I use at shows is that it's a shark, and the fin (handle) goes on the top as it approaches its victim (the can).

Someone in my cluster uses this at her shows:

Okay ladies, now this is the adult's only portion of our show. When you get your new can opener and cannot remember how to use it, remember this...
(holding opener by the legs) Spread her legs....bump her up against the can...squeeze legs together gently...rotate, a little more rotation....just till you feel that pressure release...oh, yeah I felt it...then lift off" (as you lift off the lid):D

You have to turn it clockwise, it won't work if you are turning it counter clockwise.

search for videos on You Tube.

thank you for the help

You can go to Consultant's Corner, click on Products & Recipes, then PC Products; Product Info, Use & Care, then name the product, and be sure to put the hyphen for: Smooth-Edge Can Opener. It shows the product features and has a line drawing of the can opener, and then walks you through the process. Ask your customer if they still have the Use and Care card that came with it. Ask them to read it to you while they do each step.

I remember getting a call from a car dealership where a gal had done a party for me.
One of the salesmen could not figure out how to make his work. I took a spare can
and my opener up to demo for them. What a laugh!

Last edited:
Here's a file I got from here or my director.....

Attachments

• Can Opener.doc
    43 KB · Views: 760
It has a bottle opener?!! Holy cow, learn something new everyday!

letscook04 said:

Okay ladies, now this is the adult's only portion of our show. When you get your new can opener and cannot remember how to use it, remember this...
(holding opener by the legs) Spread her legs....bump her up against the can...squeeze legs together gently...rotate, a little more rotation....just till you feel that pressure release...oh, yeah I felt it...then lift off" (as you lift off the lid):D

Too funny...don't think I could do this with a straight face!

I never knew it had a bottle opener either!

letscook04 said:

SORRY HAD TO LAUGH>>when I read this I said to myself this person MUST be form NY...(lived in NJ all my life and moved to VA a 1 1/2 yr ago, this would not fly at my shows in VA)
;)

letscook04 said:

I could see catching some flack it I said it that way.... :)
but I think I will use that at my next party... :D

A lot of the time people use it correctly to open the can but don't think it worked because the top of the can is still laying there undisturbed. I have heard of people opening several jars before calling consultants to say "My can opener doesn't work". When you demo it be sure to pull the top off the can and show them that it isn't sharp on the edges. This will hopefully help them to remember.

nancycookspc said:
SORRY HAD TO LAUGH>>when I read this I said to myself this person MUST be form NY...(lived in NJ all my life and moved to VA a 1 1/2 yr ago, this would not fly at my shows in VA)
;)

Yes, the person is from NY! LOL
I have not used it my shows!

1. How do I open a can with a manual can opener?

To open a can with a manual can opener, first, make sure the blade is sharp and the gears are in good condition. Next, place the blade on the lip of the can and squeeze the handles together to pierce the lid. Rotate the opener around the entire lid until the can is fully opened. Finally, use the built-in lid lifter to remove the lid.

2. What do I do if the can opener is not working?

If your can opener is not working, check to make sure it is properly aligned on the lid and the gears are engaging. If the opener is still not working, it may be dull or the gears may be worn out. Consider replacing the opener or sharpening the blade.

3. How do I use an electric can opener?

To use an electric can opener, place the can under the cutting mechanism and press the lever down to engage the gears. The opener will automatically rotate and open the can. Once the can is fully opened, release the lever and lift the lid using the built-in lid lifter.

4. Can I use a can opener on cans with pull tabs?

Yes, some can openers are designed to also open cans with pull tabs. Simply place the opener on the lip of the can and squeeze the handles together to engage the gears. Rotate the opener around the lid until the can is fully opened.

5. How do I clean and maintain my can opener?

To clean your can opener, first, unplug or remove any batteries. Then, wipe the blade and gears with a damp cloth and mild soap. Dry thoroughly before use. If your can opener is dishwasher safe, you can also place it in the dishwasher. To maintain your can opener, regularly check the blade and gears for wear and tear and replace as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ChefMary412
  • Products and Tips
Replies