• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Turn 3 Maybes Into a Yes

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant seeking advice on how to turn potential hostesses from "maybes" to "yeses" during recruiting. The suggestion is to remind potential hostesses about the host specials for the upcoming months, help them choose a convenient date for the show, and offer the option of being a "potential host" if they are still undecided. There is also a discussion about how to ensure that the original hostess still receives credit if the potential hostess ends up booking a show.
Kimberlymmj
I got three maybes yesterday on my drawing slips and I want to call them tomorrow and I need the besrtr way to get a yes. What should I do and say?

These are some notes I took from the Recruiting training CD available on the Supply order (Recruiting: From Maybe to Yes). Maybe read through this. The consultant on the training just asks a few questions- but tries to not do all the talking. Find out why they checked "maybe", instead of 'yes'., etc.Hope this helps.
Recruiting- Maybe to Yes
Good luck!

Kimberly, my suggestion is to pull your calendar out, and when you get on the phone:

*Remind them if they hold the show in the next 6 months Host Suzie will be able to take advantage of the Host Special for that month. This helps them realize they don't have to have a show next week.
*Tell them the Host Specials for June, July, and August (all of which are awesome!), which will prompt them to decide to do a show within the next three months
*Help them to narrow down the most convenient month (if they didn't already make that decision based on the Host Special), keeping in mind that people will be leaving to go on vacation soon. If this is a concern, remind them they can always get outside orders, and that guests can order online (assuming you have a PWS).

If they still won't commit, tell them you're going to put them in as a Potential Host (in P3), so when they do decide Host Suzie will still get the credit. Ask them which month they think might work for them, so you can set-up your follow-up reminders, but let them know this is NOT set in stone.

These are the steps I actually use, and have been getting bookings at almost every show the past few months. It seems when the guest feels less pressured they are more willing. Even those who start going into the 'ok, I'll just enter you as a Potential Host, what month do you think might work,' mode often end up setting a date.

Thanks Sarah. I am going to try that tomorrow.

I'm curious--why didn't you ask them during checkout?

I'm sorry. I assumed this was recruiting "Maybes"....I just click on "New Posts" and didn't see what category you had this under. :D My bad!

pampchefsarah said:
Kimberly, my suggestion is to pull your calendar out, and when you get on the phone:

*Remind them if they hold the show in the next 6 months Host Suzie will be able to take advantage of the Host Special for that month. This helps them realize they don't have to have a show next week.
*Tell them the Host Specials for June, July, and August (all of which are awesome!), which will prompt them to decide to do a show within the next three months
*Help them to narrow down the most convenient month (if they didn't already make that decision based on the Host Special), keeping in mind that people will be leaving to go on vacation soon. If this is a concern, remind them they can always get outside orders, and that guests can order online (assuming you have a PWS).

If they still won't commit, tell them you're going to put them in as a Potential Host (in P3), so when they do decide Host Suzie will still get the credit. Ask them which month they think might work for them, so you can set-up your follow-up reminders, but let them know this is NOT set in stone.

These are the steps I actually use, and have been getting bookings at almost every show the past few months. It seems when the guest feels less pressured they are more willing. Even those who start going into the 'ok, I'll just enter you as a Potential Host, what month do you think might work,' mode often end up setting a date.

I thought the only way for Host Suzie to get credit was if you set a date as a booking on her show. (Yes- it can be changed later- within the 6 months). But not that you can just click on 'potential host' and if she books after all, then Suzie gets the credit?

esavvymom said:
I thought the only way for Host Suzie to get credit was if you set a date as a booking on her show. (Yes- it can be changed later- within the 6 months). But not that you can just click on 'potential host' and if she books after all, then Suzie gets the credit?

Bobbi is right. If you don't pick a date, Host Suzie won't be able to take advantage of the booking benefit.

I like to say, usually in person and with a smile, "What do I need to do to turn that 'maybe' into a yes?"

I use the line:
"When people mark Maybe, it usually means one of two things: they don't know IF they want to have a show or WHEN they want to have a show. Which is it for you?"
80% of the time I hear 'when' and I can work with that. Then you can go into all the great things Sarah suggested.
Good Luck!!

I treat maybe's just like a yes!

I say "I see here that you are possibly interested in hosting a show of your own. When were you thinking you'd like to do that?"

That usually brings a "well, I don't get home from work until late..." or "I don't think I'd be able to host until August..." etc....I almost always book maybes...and sometimes I book "no's" too!

A Maybe is a Yes just waiting for a Date!:D

I got one into a yes. I did not do a check out because I was at a booth.

Great job!​

For FUTURE Reference at a booth, One way I got some "maybe's" into "Yes" at a recent booth was by offering a "Party in a Bag". If they set a date then, they got to take this bag which had utensils/napkins/plates, and an old Season's Best, a catalog, a "FREE COOKING SHOW" coupon, and a "$15 Gift Certificate" (good at their show). You could make it whatever incentive worked for YOU, but I was able to turn several Maybe's into Yes's that way. When they gave me their slips and I make a point of thanking them by name so I have to look at the slip....I see what they checked off and I just ask them or explain about the bag. I do let them know we can reschedule later after she checks her calendar, etc. But it worked well. I hope it works well again this weekend when I have another. :D

Thanks Bobbi. I am going to do the $15.00 thing at the show this weekend. I am trying to get a few more Junes in here but, the excuses are dance recital, graduation party, wedding,... I'll have three shows in and I have 3 shows for July already and one for August but, I really want the free fall products.

What I usually say is, "I noticed you marked that you might be interested in having a party of your own on your door prize slip, do you think that you might like to have your party in June or July? People like choices and 9 times out of 10 they will choose a month. It seems to work.

Yeah. I had heard on one of the training workshops that often times, folks select Maybe because they don't know a date, or they think they have to pick a date for THAT month or something. By you giving them some options and see how they respond to that, you might get the Yes. If they don't jump at those first options, then get a feel for what they WOULD be interested in. I had several "maybes" that knew they didn't have time in the summer because of travel, but want me to call them when I start booking September. Don't know if it will convert, but at least I know they are thinking the fall.

esavvymom said:
Yeah. I had heard on one of the training workshops that often times, folks select Maybe because they don't know a date, or they think they have to pick a date for THAT month or something. By you giving them some options and see how they respond to that, you might get the Yes. If they don't jump at those first options, then get a feel for what they WOULD be interested in. I had several "maybes" that knew they didn't have time in the summer because of travel, but want me to call them when I start booking September. Don't know if it will convert, but at least I know they are thinking the fall.

I'd call and tell them you are booking September now! You can say that there is a lot of excitement for booking in Sept. because the new catalog comes out then...

I had one lady, who had checked NO to booking, until she overheard me asking someone else if they wanted a weeknight show or a Sat. brunch show. When she realized that a Sat Brunch was an option - she booked immediately! Sometimes, they may not realize there are different options, and so it's easiest to just check NO.

1. How do I handle a "maybe" response from a potential customer?

When a potential customer gives a "maybe" response, it's important to follow up with them to understand their hesitation. Ask them what their concerns are and address them accordingly. This shows that you value their input and are willing to address their concerns.

2. What are some tips for turning a "maybe" into a "yes"?

One tip is to offer a limited-time or exclusive deal to entice the potential customer to take action. Another tip is to provide additional information or testimonials from satisfied customers to help alleviate any doubts they may have.

3. How can I create a sense of urgency to turn a "maybe" into a "yes"?

Creating a sense of urgency can be done by setting a deadline for the offer or informing the potential customer about limited quantities available. You can also mention that the product is in high demand and may sell out quickly.

4. What should I do if a potential customer keeps giving me a "maybe" response?

If a potential customer continues to give a "maybe" response, it may be best to ask them directly if they are truly interested in the product. If they are not, it's important to respect their decision and move on to other potential customers.

5. How can I follow up with a potential customer without being too pushy?

Following up with a potential customer can be done in a friendly and non-intrusive manner. You can send a personalized email or message thanking them for their interest and offering to answer any further questions they may have. It's important to give them space and not pressure them into making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kisrae
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cheryl929