• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Guide to Starting a Personal Website: Help for Beginners

So basically, the conversation is about a consultant who is trying to set up her personal website but is having trouble finding the link to do so. The expert suggests looking under the "Promoting Your Business" tab and mentions a "Personal Web Site Assistant" that should guide her through the process. They also mention that the consultant needs to have a PC Debit or Credit Card in order to be billed. The expert also mentions that the consultant may need to call Tech Support for help. However, it is later revealed that the consultant needs to be active in order to set up her website and it may take a few days for the website to become active after becoming active again. The cost of the website is also mentioned and there is a concern about business
darlinclem
Gold Member
I have a recruit who is ready to set up her personal website but can't find a link to do so. I have had mine for over three years and don't remember how I did it. I had her check under "Promoting your business" and she can't find anything and she doesn't have a "Personal Web Site" link under "Frequently Used Links". Where do I send her to set up her website?? I feel so stupid!

Look at the red tabs at the top of CC- "Promoting Your Business". She should be able to see "Personal Web Site Assistant", and since she doesn't have one yet- it should walk her through that. I THINK..>it's been awhile for me too.She does have to have her PC Debit or Credit Card first though, in order to be billed.

esavvymom said:
Look at the red tabs at the top of CC- "Promoting Your Business". She should be able to see "Personal Web Site Assistant", and since she doesn't have one yet- it should walk her through that. I THINK..>it's been awhile for me too.She does have to have her PC Debit or Credit Card first though, in order to be billed.
She has tried that and says there is no link. She does have a debit card. She said she has even tried searching the site and said the links talk about it but don't get her there.. argggghhhh :)She was inactive last month (and hasn't submitted yet this month), could that make a difference? It was her first month of inactivity.

Last edited:
hmmmm...what about under the First Tab - Managing your Business. Then scroll down to "My Shows. there is something there for Personal Web Site. But not sure if that will do it too. Since I've already got my site, I don't think I'm seeing what she would be...and it's been almost 2yrs. if that doesn't work, she may need to call Tech Support instead of spending too much time looking any more.

Thanks! I'll mention that to her tomorrow. She has given up and went to bed <g> Maybe fresh eyes will help. I told her I would call and ask if I couldn't find out here.

On the main Consultant's Corner Web Page, there should be a temporary link above the Consultant Connections box (right column) to click on and go through the steps. It's only there for a limited time with new consultants. Is this her 2nd month? It should be there there throughout her first 90 days, but I've never had a recruit go inactive in their first 90 days, so if she's still in that time frame & it's not there, then it's probably because of her being inactive. If she qualifies in her first 90 days, she'll get a free trial. But she does have the have TPC Debit Card or TPC Credit Card to establish her site. They will not take a personal credit card. ;)

Sheila said:
On the main Consultant's Corner Web Page, there should be a temporary link above the Consultant Connections box (right column) to click on and go through the steps. It's only there for a limited time with new consultants. Is this her 2nd month? It should be there there throughout her first 90 days, but I've never had a recruit go inactive in their first 90 days, so if she's still in that time frame & it's not there, then it's probably because of her being inactive. If she qualifies in her first 90 days, she'll get a free trial. But she does have the have TPC Debit Card or TPC Credit Card to establish her site. They will not take a personal credit card. ;)

She actually didn't take advantage of it back then. She is just starting her second year.

If all else fails she could email the HO to ask for help.

Found out it was what I was afraid of.. you have to be active to sign up for a website. If you are inactive it can take 3-4 days after you become active to be able to activate your website.. ARGH! *sigh*

I guess I am in the same situation: had my first 90 days in February, qualified for free trial, expired in April, inactive since March. Now I want to get the site back and no link to do it :(...I'm assuming that I have to be active again?!?
The bad part is that my business cards have the website on them :cry:
Anybody know how much will it cost me? How about if I can pay partial with $PC?

Thank you

darlinclem said:
She was inactive last month (and hasn't submitted yet this month), could that make a difference? It was her first month of inactivity.

Has she qualified yet? If not, and because she was inactive last month, she probably can't do it yet.

1. What is the purpose of having a personal website?

A personal website can serve many purposes, such as showcasing your skills and talents, promoting your brand or business, or simply sharing your interests and hobbies with others. It can also serve as a digital resume or portfolio, making it easier for potential employers or clients to learn more about you.

2. Do I need any technical knowledge to create a personal website?

No, you do not need any technical knowledge to create a personal website. There are many website builders and platforms available that make it easy for beginners to create their own website without any coding or design skills. However, having some basic understanding of web design and HTML can be helpful in customizing your website and making it stand out.

3. How much does it cost to start a personal website?

The cost of starting a personal website can vary depending on the platform or website builder you choose, as well as any additional features or tools you may want to include. Some platforms offer free plans, while others may require a monthly or yearly subscription fee. You may also need to purchase a domain name and web hosting, which can range from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars per year.

4. Can I monetize my personal website?

Yes, you can monetize your personal website in various ways, such as displaying ads, selling products or services, or accepting donations. However, it is important to make sure that your website complies with any applicable laws and regulations, such as disclosing sponsored content or obtaining necessary permits for selling products.

5. How can I promote my personal website?

There are several ways to promote your personal website, such as sharing it on social media, networking with other websites or bloggers in your niche, or using search engine optimization techniques to improve your website's visibility in search results. You can also consider investing in paid advertising or collaborating with influencers to reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pletcherdee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • julmarsala