• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Professional Product Showcase Tips: Setting Up for Shows

In summary, people use a variety of different methods to set up their products for shows. Some use their SS crate, some use picture easels, and some use flip charts.
I did well. There should be about 100!!!!'s at the end of that sentence, not a period! Way to go girly! I like that game idea Tina! That's kind of fun...tell the people with the most $$ that they would be good at this because they answered all the questions! I'd auction off a starter kit, too! Your funny money plus $155 gets you on my team!

dannyzmom said:
Yep - I am attaching it here

Thats cute.... it's differnt from the one that I have!!! I like yours better.

Jilleysue said:
Thanks everyone, you are really calming me down and I am thinking to myself..whatever I'll just have fun with it and go with the flow. I think I'll run to the store and get some tickets and do some games and on time things so I can take the attention off me and get them looking thru the catalog.
You guys are awesome. I do think I look at my notes WAYYYYYY tooo much...but hopefully I can get everyone talking and not looking at me....LOL

I know how you feel I was their my first year as a consultant... I to this day sometimes feel like that I am all over the place...... keep this in mine and it is something that helped me.... the basics of a kitchen show...... my last show my DH wanted to come with me.... he wanted to see how much my shows had changed in a year.... he use to host parties for me all the time before we were married. He told me after the show he didnt' knwo who I was up their becasue my confidence in doing the demo was extremly high.. and I didnt' look like I was about to loose my concentration... I play off of people rather well.. I E smart alec remarks etc....Good luck you will do just fine!!:D

Quick Question.... does everyone always get the addresses of all the guests and mail out the postcards for a show? I have had several shows before and the consultant always had me do all the inviting and calls.

I don't send the invites...I feel that the host most likely will hand them personally to people...and how uncomfortable for the host to have to ask people at work..."hey what's your address?" ...or have to drive around the neighborhood getting addresses...seems easier to just let them pass them out...

Although...I think consultants like getting the addresses...so the consultant will KNOW how many people are invited...and if the host needs to come up with more names...etc...

Your business...your way...
what feels best to you...do that.

I usually use empty boxes to add height to my products on the table. I put those under cloths or the tablecloth. I use my rectangle woven selection to put prizes in and I have the tool turn about on my table with all the little gadgets in and then I usually try to bring the monthly special if it's the beginning of the month and if it's toward the end (when I'll be booking for the next month) I'll bring the next month's specials. I put my cookbooks on coffee tables along with the tri fold pictures that they give to us. I use a four foot table and seem to have enough room for most of the goods and to do my recipe. I don't have any pics....guess I tried to paint the pic for you.

One of the key things that I have found is a quote from someone on this loop that said "I'm not a Perfect Chef, I am a Pampered Chef" and then have fun. If you mess up, admit it and go on. But if they see that you are having fun and you can relax and really do have fun it all works out and the guests make note of that. It has worked for me. I have been in 27 months and I still get nervous until I get going. There is too much to remember ALL the details. Sometimes I use a little cheat sheet or make myself little note cards, although I usually don't end up using them, but they give me confidence to get started and I know they are there if I get stuck! Have fun! They can come up and help and sometimes that helps take the pressure off of you. It's like having a bunch of friends in your kitchen all cooking together!! It can be a blast! (If there is room - I have been in some pretty small areas and can't always do that). Bottom line...relax and have fun sharing your favorite kitchen tools!

I do all of that - I send postcards, e-vites, phone calls, etc. I'm basically a pest. I try my best to help my host when and where I can. I find that the customer care calls are most effective for getting people to live shows and/or ordering via catalogue shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Diana Smith
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb