• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Professional Product Showcase Tips: Setting Up for Shows

In summary, people use a variety of different methods to set up their products for shows. Some use their SS crate, some use picture easels, and some use flip charts.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Does anyone have any tips or photos of how they setup their products for shows. I want everything to look professional and nice. I was just wondering how everyone else did it. I have heard people using their SS crate to stack products, and people using other rubbermaid things to showcase things. I also wanted to know where people put their binder with the flip cards. I just really want everything to look really nice when I go into people's homes. I am trying it here in my home tomorrow and I want to get some ideas.
Thanks all. :D

I wanna see pictures too

I have a 6' table that I break down into 3 sections. My ss crate and all that comes in the kit is in one section (I use this as a recruiting visual to show what all you get for $90 when you sign on as a consultant one section I showcase new products and cookware. Middle section I have the things that I will be using for my recipe (if I have pre-made the recipe then I just showcase that and go over the items used)

I use picture easels (I sold Home Interiors years ago) and empty PC boxes to display things so it is multi-level and to add visual appeal. Sorry, I have no picture to show...guess I should take some next time. My flip binder I usually set out on a coffee table or pass it around after I have gone through the highlights of it. I hope that gives you some idea.
Valky

For me, it depends on the layout the hostess has for me and what recipe/tools I will be dealing with.

I learned from our Exec Director to NEVER stand behind the table if you can avoid it. Always stand NEXT TO your table - it makes you more of "one of the crowd" that way. (I know Jill, you saw me behind the table at my show in Plantation - guilty as charged - LOL). When I can logostically manage it, I stand NEXT TO the table rather than behind it.

I have seen the crate used on top of the table on its size with the opening facing the guests - some tools showcased inside it and others on top. With me, being so short...it doesn't work for me - LOL But my Advanceed Director does this and it works well for her and looks great.

When I first started I went to the fabric store and got a nice piece of fabric to use as a tablecloth. I have since gotten the PC tablecloth - sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't.

I place the flip chart on the coffee table in front of the guests...I would love to hear other ideas for that though...because some crowds look at it, some ignore it...and I seldom remember to talk about what's in it.

So, Jill...how'd it go last night?

Valky, do you tell the hosts that you are bringing a table? I usually ask if they need a card table, but never thought to get a 6 footer.

Do others carry their own big table?
BTW, Valky, your display sounds good :)

Sallie_M said:
Valky, do you tell the hosts that you are bringing a table? I usually ask if they need a card table, but never thought to get a 6 footer.

Do others carry their own big table?
BTW, Valky, your display sounds good :)

I have it in my hostess packet cover letter to please let me know if they do not have a table for me to use. Generally though - in Floridian homes they are laid out so that you can use the bar/counter if there is no table.

dannyzmom said:
(I know Jill, you saw me behind the table at my show in Plantation - guilty as charged - LOL).

I used to live in Plantation! It's so cool when I see you guys in S Florida talk about placed I know!!

Sometimes I set up a display, sometimes I don't. I especially do around changeover to show the new products! I also keep my cookbooks in the rectangle woven and place it on the coffee table or somewhere easily accessible. AND I keep my prizes in the square woven.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Sometimes I set up a display, sometimes I don't. I especially do around changeover to show the new products! I also keep my cookbooks in the rectangle woven and place it on the coffee table or somewhere easily accessible. AND I keep my prizes in the square woven.

I keep my prizes in the square woven too. I never thought to put the cookbooks in the rectangle woven--thanks for the great idea! I always like to bring all of them to display b/c so many people (incl me!) like to SEE the cookbook before they buy it!

I don't usually set up a "display" other than the products I'm using. I do bring my flip chart & try to set it somewhere so I go over it. I always bring a piece of cookware & stoneware, but lately I've been trying to use both in my recipes anyway.

Great to hear how other's are doing things. Last night and tonight....let's see. I have to be honest, I am getting just a sadly frustrated. Having never cooked before and a bit of a perfectionist, my organization of the display, what I am going to grab, and how I am discribing products is not good. I had my friends throwing questions at me, about stoneware, bamboo, cookware, and I simply had no clue. I have tried to read about the products over and over and over again and I am just at a loss for words. I can relate to the "easy" selling items..... (ie: the chopper, garlic press, etc, but when they ask me questions about the higher priced items, I feel all tonque twisted and just ...well literally STUPID...lol. Help...any tips.

I tooo, could find myself behind the table especially while preparing. I can see standing in front at the beginning and at the end, but not in the middle. Great ideas for the cook books, prizes, and I also think the towels would look good in the baskets.

Overall last night people were impressed with how far I have come. I just felt sad. Since the last week of November, I haven't had 20 million bookings but I have given my all to researching and trying to figure out the best way I want to go about this and last night, I just felt overwhelmed and further behind than I thought about what I am trying to bring into people's homes.

I can say I did know alot about the host program, so I have another show set for end of January, beginning of February, but sad about whether I am confident enough to talk about the products. Tonight, as some of my "cooking" friends starting asking, I just felt wayyyyyy out of my leaque, and almost begging for a "Carolyn" earpiece in my ear.......LOL

I will say, I am kinda lost for a step by step checklist as well, when you book a host. I know you should set them up on your website, get a guestlist, am I on the right path?

As I felt almost organized in my head and those questions came at me tonight, I think everything just got overwhelming and my boyfriend just saw me get really sad about something that I was really excited about. Don't get my wrong.....I love PC....but as I said I am a perfectionist, so I thought I had my schpeal almost downpact....and I feel wayyyyy off.

Help needed please.
Thanks all.

dannyzmom said:
I have it in my hostess packet cover letter to please let me know if they do not have a table for me to use. Generally though - in Floridian homes they are laid out so that you can use the bar/counter if there is no table.

Carolyn,
Can I get a copy of that cover letter. As I stated in my last post about setting up. I am a bit lost as far as a 1, 2, 3 when it comes to booking a host and what I am suppose to do, when I am suppose to do what. I would like to know or set things up for myself...Step 1, book host, Step 2 Get guest list or however it is suppose to work. I feel all over the place right now.

ARGGH...lol
Thanks.
:D

I talk to the host ahead of time about the set-up but have learned to always carry my table with me to shows "just in case". The table is really not that cumbersome because it folds in half and fits nicely in the back of my car.

As for my table cover, I am very frugal minded shall we say, and I found an awsome deal on a discontinued king size sheet set (far less than I would have paid for a tablecloth on sale). It is just the right size when I start start layering my set-up. It also hides my totes when they are stashed under the table. Plus, if the time comes to update my sheet pattern, I can still use it on my bed (lol).
Valky

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn,
Can I get a copy of that cover letter. As I stated in my last post about setting up. I am a bit lost as far as a 1, 2, 3 when it comes to booking a host and what I am suppose to do, when I am suppose to do what. I would like to know or set things up for myself...Step 1, book host, Step 2 Get guest list or however it is suppose to work. I feel all over the place right now.

ARGGH...lol
Thanks.
:D

I just sent you a big long email with attachments that you should find helpful. It sounds to me like you're doing GREAT -- but being too hard on yourself. Product knowledge will come in time. Share what you DO know and if they ask you something you don't know, tell them "Ya know what? I am not sure about the answer to that one as i am pretty new at this - but I can get the answer for ya tomorrow and call you with it, OK?" And they will REALLY appreciate your honesty!

One of the files I sent you was a timeline for hosts and a host checklist...I am pretty sure I got them from the files here but will post them just in case.

Call me on my cell any time today - I'll be around - and we can go over stuff...but don't be so hard on yourself - you're doing great!! YOU got bookings girly girl!!

Attachments

• 2005 Timeline for Mailing Invites.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 566
  • CHECKLIST for host.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 723
Practice Practice Practice!!!Jilleysue,

I feel your pain! When I decided to become a consultant I knew NOTHING about our stoneware or cookware. I had all kinds of PC gadgets though. I borrowed select pieces of stoneware and cooked everything I could on them until I knew how well it worked with all kinds of food. Here's my advice:

1st) Read the catalog descriptions. That's basically what I did to understand some of the products I was not familiar with. Try not to memorize a speach, if someone interrupts you it might throw you off. If you are asked something that you don't know the answer to be honest and say "you know, I haven't been able to work with that piece yet" - then ask the guests at your show if anyone here owns it and let them explain how much they love it.

2nd) Borrow as many pieces as you can and then go grocery shopping. Save your receipts because you can write it off as an expense "Practice Show Recipe" plus you can eat it for dinner/lunch/breakfast/snack!

Do your best to learn the products and speak honestly about them. You'll do great!

When I first started, I actually cut and pasted the Product Information Guide from CC into my script!! That way I had more info than I needed but plently of info for those questions.

Great ideas and you guys made me feel much better. The timelines were a Great help Carolyn.....Exactly what I was looking for. I needed an idea of when to do stuff. Things seemed very jumbled in my head. I also like reviewing the catalog more. I was wondering if a lot of people feel like this. I was thinking I was way ahead and last night...Phew I was thrown wayyyyy off. But today is a new day and I feel better. I am going to set up my stuff this week and do another practice run. I like the sheet idea. I remember when they use to layer things in Home Interior.

The folding table idea just in case is a good idea too.
This site is just great.
Carolyn, Thanks for the uplifting email. You're the best.

First day back to work, tons to do today, but thanks everyone, I will certainly use all your tips and all the tools and just keep practicing!!!!

I have a question! :D I downloaded the host checklist and I noticed the one that said "Call me if you send out less than 20 invites". Well, when they call you and tell you what are you supposed to say? I know that is where the host coaching comes in but being new, I don't know too much about host coaching! ;)

Thanks,
Tabitha

This timeline was exactly what I was looking for. I had no clue what to do about what to give them, how to get it to them, how to make it look nice. This is great. I haven't received also a new planner. Do I have to order that, or will I get a new 2007 one? I like the binded one you had Carolyn. I feel better now. This timeline makes me feel like I know what I am doing now. Thank you thank you. THANK YOU!!!!

Jilleysue said:
This timeline was exactly what I was looking for. I had no clue what to do about what to give them, how to get it to them, how to make it look nice. This is great. I haven't received also a new planner. Do I have to order that, or will I get a new 2007 one? I like the binded one you had Carolyn. I feel better now. This timeline makes me feel like I know what I am doing now. Thank you thank you. THANK YOU!!!!

Jill,
Call HO (1-888-OUR-CHEF) and tell them you need your 2007 planner...you should have had it by now. Make a big ole fuss about it and they may be able to ship it to you priority mail.
Glad all the flyers and stuff helped. Look in the RFS and there are some good charts under Hostess Coaching, too.
xoxoxo

Carolyn- do you have the "host memory jogger" file from the timeline?? It sounded interesting...

gilliandanielle said:
Carolyn- do you have the "host memory jogger" file from the timeline?? It sounded interesting...

Yep - I am attaching it here

Attachments

• WhotoInviteFlyer1.doc
    25 KB · Views: 479
Thanks! You are awesome!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks! You are awesome!

Aw thanks - but I am SO not awesome...everything I have as far as flyers and stuff, I got from other consultants who shared. This is such a wonderful company in that everyone is so quick to share with each other!!

I do have to say, I just can't believe how awesome everyone is to share everything. It's just great. There is so much information, I have a hard time keeping it organized on my lap top. Everyone wants to help everyone save money, make money. It's just great. I really felt crappy last night and felt like I couldn't do this because of my lack of knowledge for the products, but to hear that everyone has gone thru and just to take my time and make my show my own made feel much better.
If this was make up, or work out stuff...I would be right on top of things, but having never cooked before I really wanted to challenge myself and do something fun. I still think I look funny in the apron.....LOL I thought at first if you didn't have a $1000 show in a day, it would be looked down upon, but it is really laid back and work at your own pace type of thing...which is great for me and the type of lifestyle I have.
Thanks for everyone's help and info. YOUR GRRRRREEEAATTTT!!!

Jilleysue said:
I do have to say, I just can't believe how awesome everyone is to share everything. It's just great. There is so much information, I have a hard time keeping it organized on my lap top. Everyone wants to help everyone save money, make money. It's just great. I really felt crappy last night and felt like I couldn't do this because of my lack of knowledge for the products, but to hear that everyone has gone thru and just to take my time and make my show my own made feel much better.
If this was make up, or work out stuff...I would be right on top of things, but having never cooked before I really wanted to challenge myself and do something fun. I still think I look funny in the apron.....LOL I thought at first if you didn't have a $1000 show in a day, it would be looked down upon, but it is really laid back and work at your own pace type of thing...which is great for me and the type of lifestyle I have.
You are such a cutie! With your personality you are bound to do well! One thing that you should definatley do is to be yourself! It's okay to tell the guests at your show that you are learning to cook....remember, you are not a professional chef - you are a pampered chef! And what better way to showcase that anyone can do this! What might even be fun is ask at the begining of your show who considered themself to be a good cook? When you get a response, say okay then, you are going to be my assistant! Let your guests help you. You've got the tools, they've got the experience....it will be fun!

Jilleysue said:
Great to hear how other's are doing things. Last night and tonight....let's see. I have to be honest, I am getting just a sadly frustrated. Having never cooked before and a bit of a perfectionist, my organization of the display, what I am going to grab, and how I am discribing products is not good. I had my friends throwing questions at me, about stoneware, bamboo, cookware, and I simply had no clue. I have tried to read about the products over and over and over again and I am just at a loss for words. I can relate to the "easy" selling items..... (ie: the chopper, garlic press, etc, but when they ask me questions about the higher priced items, I feel all tonque twisted and just ...well literally STUPID...lol. Help...any tips.

I tooo, could find myself behind the table especially while preparing. I can see standing in front at the beginning and at the end, but not in the middle. Great ideas for the cook books, prizes, and I also think the towels would look good in the baskets.

Overall last night people were impressed with how far I have come. I just felt sad. Since the last week of November, I haven't had 20 million bookings but I have given my all to researching and trying to figure out the best way I want to go about this and last night, I just felt overwhelmed and further behind than I thought about what I am trying to bring into people's homes.

I can say I did know alot about the host program, so I have another show set for end of January, beginning of February, but sad about whether I am confident enough to talk about the products. Tonight, as some of my "cooking" friends starting asking, I just felt wayyyyyy out of my leaque, and almost begging for a "Carolyn" earpiece in my ear.......LOL

I will say, I am kinda lost for a step by step checklist as well, when you book a host. I know you should set them up on your website, get a guestlist, am I on the right path?

As I felt almost organized in my head and those questions came at me tonight, I think everything just got overwhelming and my boyfriend just saw me get really sad about something that I was really excited about. Don't get my wrong.....I love PC....but as I said I am a perfectionist, so I thought I had my schpeal almost downpact....and I feel wayyyyy off.

Help needed please.
Thanks all.

Jillysue...

don't get so down on yourself. Maybe embrace the fact that you don't know everything. How about making yourself some 3 x 5 cards with info about products/product lines? Keep those in front of you, or around you when you do your demo. Tape them to the bottom of your stones, tie them to your tools. If you don't know everything, tell your guests that. Most people are so happy not to be the one up front, that they will cut you a ton of slack.

Another idea, all those questions that you couldn't answer... do you remember those? If so, get the answers. Tell the quests from now on that you are still learning and will be more than happy to call them the next day with the answer.

Please don't let this get you down. When I started, I had only a measuring cup and a grapefruit knife from PC in my kitchen. Never saw the products, never had them. Get your PC products out everyday and use them. That will help.

Hang in there. Life's not perfect.. you won't be right from the start, but that's not to say that you can't aspire to be.

Hee Hee! Thank you Linda. I am trying to practice the show being very natural and sharing the idea that I would never cook but always wanted too and PC helped me do that with the ease of the products. Thank god, I am bubbly and hopefully that will over shadow that most of the time in the beginning I may not know what in the HE** I am talking about.....LOL. Maybe they will just laugh at me and have fun....HAHA!
As I watched the training DVD, the PC Consultant has her catalog and inside some sort of inserts to keep the pages nicer. Does anyone have that or know what she is using?

PamperChefCarol said:
Jillysue...

don't get so down on yourself. Maybe embrace the fact that you don't know everything. How about making yourself some 3 x 5 cards with info about products/product lines? Keep those in front of you, or around you when you do your demo. Tape them to the bottom of your stones, tie them to your tools. If you don't know everything, tell your guests that. Most people are so happy not to be the one up front, that they will cut you a ton of slack.

Another idea, all those questions that you couldn't answer... do you remember those? If so, get the answers. Tell the quests from now on that you are still learning and will be more than happy to call them the next day with the answer.

Please don't let this get you down. When I started, I had only a measuring cup and a grapefruit knife from PC in my kitchen. Never saw the products, never had them. Get your PC products out everyday and use them. That will help.

Hang in there. Life's not perfect.. you won't be right from the start, but that's not to say that you can't aspire to be.

Thank you Carol. I feel much better today reading everyone's posts and thoughtful words. I just never saw myself doing something like this, but I am really enjoying that it can be whatever I want it to be and there is no set way to do things. It's fun. I really tried to keep myself from saying...."the Thingy" last night...but not a word you can over come easily...HAHAHA!:D

I too was very nervous (I still am) but when I forgot the offical name of an item, I made it a game. "Who here can find ____ in the catalog? After a few non responses, I mentioned the was a gift in it for them and they were fighting over the catalogs!!! I still keep a "cheat sheet" that just has an outline because I am easily distracted. I can easily find my place and move on. Good Luck!

pcleah said:
I too was very nervous (I still am) but when I forgot the offical name of an item, I made it a game. "Who here can find ____ in the catalog? After a few non responses, I mentioned the was a gift in it for them and they were fighting over the catalogs!!! I still keep a "cheat sheet" that just has an outline because I am easily distracted. I can easily find my place and move on. Good Luck!

OOOOO Great Idea...may cost me some bucks in prizes or recipe books, but hey may get me over some stumps in the beginning..THANKS!:eek:

pcleah said:

I had many guests who couldn't find the products I was using in the catalog fast enough. I started writing down the products I was using for the demo in the order I was using them, along with the page # in the catalog & the item # & price. I tell my guests I have it & why, so to feel free to ask me to repeat the page # b/c it's written down. With so many products, I don't think anyone cares if you can't remember exactly what page it's on. I just write it on a larger note card. Since many times I do the same recipes in a season, I only have to write it down the first time I do the recipe. I include ANY product I use--even the woven pieces, etc.

Just tell your guests that you just started & I'm sure they will understand if you can't remember everything. Might make them think they can do it too if you do mess up a little--shows the consultants don't have to be perfect!!

I have played a game at my shows where every time I pick up a product the guests look for it in the catalog. They yell out the page# it is on. I may ask them a question about the product that they can find in the descriptions in the catalog. They then get a ticket. At the end of the show the person with the most tickets wins a prize. Then I also draw a prize winner from the lead slips. The guests seem to enjoy this game and compete just to see who can find the item first. This is a great way for you to learn about the products while providing a good time for the guests. And best of all they are telling you about the product instead of you having to remember all those details. You could even offer an extra ticket for ideas on how they would use this product in their kitchen. This gets guests thinking about how useful the item is and that they need to have it!

Oh I Love The Ticket Idea.. Great

I have found that most people want to know what they can do with a certain product rather than what it's made of, etc. While the "technical" aspect of our products ROCK, the "practical" aspect, in my opinion, is what sells.

You are going to do great!!!

Thank you. You are very true. I find, people will see me doing something and just say, "OH WOW" that really pleases me. I love that they are amazed.

Jilleysue said:

Jill,

I have been doing PC for over a year now, and I have to say that I admire you for being able to talk about the things you are feeling and going through. So much of what you have talked about in this thread is things that I have felt for a long time. I am just now getting my business back on track (I had a lot of health issues last year). But I started out SUPER. My first 2 shows were $1000 shows. I got one booking from the first show, which ended up being my 2nd $1000 show, and got no bookings from that show. I was really bummed, and it really affected how I felt. Thanks to my director and her endless supply of patience, I have kept at it, and am now getting back into it and really becoming excited about my business again.

Sounds to me you are on the right track, and I hope I can continue to learn from you and all the cheffers here.

Kim

As far as "my display" it changes every show. I did a show last week, that I had no workspace. Come to find out her home was INCREDIBLY small, and I ended up standing in the middle of the small living room. I had sprinkled tools, etc around the room, and basically just started talking about how I had made the chicken that they were all smelling at the time. Did the same with cake. They didn't see me use the products but I described them. The show closed at $789. 2 Catalog shows.

Tonight, once I again I spread out stuff all over the living room/dining room. The I got right in the middle of them with my batter bowl full of cake mix. Did the microwave cake (Chocolate/chocolate and covered the top with raspberries. It was sooooo good.) While that was baking we made the Crab Lemon Pepper Bruschetta (this was way good. I will use that again for friends, etc). Once again, basically bringing the demo to them. I did stand behind the island to chop some things, but mostly right among them. Right now she is at $600, 1 booking, and she has some other outside orders coming in.

When I started I tried to have "stationary" display, but I am learning that for my personality style that doesn"t work working for me. I feel more credible and entertaining when I am with the customers. My show average is over $600 so I think I am going in the right direction. Plus, people, esp women, like to be able to touch and feel the products.

Just my $.02. What I have learned about PC is that everyone does things differently. What works for me, probably won't work for everyone, or maybe not anyone else.

And one more thing, I don't play games at my shows. Never been much of games person at showers, etc, so I skip them. No one has complained yet. I did pass out candy tonight for questions, but I ended up giving everyone some!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is a pretty big show for me, so we'll see how things go. I am pretty nervous. I am set up. I am doing it in my own house. No clue how it will go. I really want to it from under my covers...LOL (shaking) I practiced tonight the whole show and I found my self looking at my notes every single second and saying um, um, um. Oh god..just kill me. Hopefully things go fine...what I really hope to get is bookings. I don't care about the sales yet, I want to branch out to other people....so hopefully I can. I am just so nervous about talking about the everything that I don't sound excited about the host program to get them excited...so hopefully things just fall into place. Since it is at my house, I have things that I am using on my table and then other things I have on my island for them to look at, so that is cool. We'll see. Wish me luck.

Jilleysue said:
Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is a pretty big show for me, so we'll see how things go. I am pretty nervous. I am set up. I am doing it in my own house. No clue how it will go. I really want to it from under my covers...LOL (shaking) I practiced tonight the whole show and I found my self looking at my notes every single second and saying um, um, um. Oh god..just kill me. Hopefully things go fine...what I really hope to get is bookings. I don't care about the sales yet, I want to branch out to other people....so hopefully I can. I am just so nervous about talking about the everything that I don't sound excited about the host program to get them excited...so hopefully things just fall into place. Since it is at my house, I have things that I am using on my table and then other things I have on my island for them to look at, so that is cool. We'll see. Wish me luck.

That is a GREAT attitude...get those bookings!!!

Look at your notes all you want ("See ladies, with a few notecards, anyone can do this...hey if i need to take a potty break one of you can stand in for me - LOL") and hey, we ALL say "um" a whole lot. If you counted up hpw many times i say "um" during a demo...OMG...

So - relax and have FUN with it!!!

I need you Carolyn not standing there for this show, but maybe with a wireless mic in my ear. Oh and Kevin's Mom figured out something for the binder with the cards in it. If you put the card with the picture in one slide and the info to that card in another slide you can put it on your table and use the information for youself...if that makes any sense. You flip the picture towards the customers and the words stay towards you, so you can give them the information. Maybe everyone knows this. Then you flip the information, and a new picture for another product is there. It helped me tonight practice alot when I talked about SA and COOKWARE and I had it right on my demo table. SHe was my little Assistant tonight...LOL

I would still like to see photos of displays.

Jillysue, focusing in bookings is a good idea. During my first year I found myself occasionally getting discouraged by the sales at a show. Then, I realized something. My expectations were getting in my way. If I expected a show to do $800 and it closed at $798, I was disappointed. I also realized that there were shows I was doing with an expectation of low sales--never a good idea.

Here's what I did. I changed my definition of a successful show. For me, a successful show is one where everyone has a good time, and at least one person learns something. Now ALL of my shows are successful. ;)

It helps me to curb my expectations, which, in turn, helps me to do my shows with an open mind and lots of enthusiasm. Changing my mind-set has really helped me to calm my nerves, too.

Jilleysue,

This was my biggest fear when I first started out. I did NOT want to sound stupid! And not being a "wonderful" chef, it was inevitable! But I LOVE the products and have found that it shines through at every show. My 14 yr old daughter and I do this together and we just make sure that it is fun and we keep focus throughout the show. When they ask something that we don't know the answer to, we reply "I'm really not 100% on that, but if you will leave us your email address or phone number, we will get an answer for you and let you know first thing tomorrow." I have found that this is best because they know we care and that we are being honest. A lot of our repeat customers are those that say they appreciate our honesty on the products and that we don't pretend to know everything!

Last edited:
There is so much love in this thread, I wanted to join in!!

I always bring my cookbooks, and set then on the table in front of the guests...when they come, before the demo,they have something, along with the catalogs, to flip through,and when they see all the yummy pictures, they just may buy one! Cookbooks and spices are two things that they may not buy if they don't see and smell them in person...I always pass spices around for them to smell.

I always...always have a card table in the trunk of my car. It stays there. Even when I don't have a show for weeks! It doesn't take up room, groceries go right on top of it, and I don't have to ask the host about table space... if I get there, and see there is no good space in the kitchen - on an island, or the kitchen table, or counter, I go get my table.

I used to buy fabric and fake flowers to set up a display with my crate...I haven't done that in a while. I had Spring, Christmas, and Fall fabric/flowers. One host said that is one thing that made her want to book, was my nice display!
Now I like to just set a few products that I bring, that I won't be using, nearby so guests can look at them. Sometimes I've brought my Rectangle Woven Selection- the one for the Rect. Baker...and filled it with things and set that on the table. They can pass that around if they want...fill it with the Heart Trivet, spices, I'd have the napkin rings, etc... Chef's Tongs, ... whatever I felt at the time that I wanted to show but wasn't using in my demo.

Karen Hodge said:
I have played a game at my shows where every time I pick up a product the guests look for it in the catalog. They yell out the page# it is on. I may ask them a question about the product that they can find in the descriptions in the catalog. They then get a ticket. At the end of the show the person with the most tickets wins a prize. Then I also draw a prize winner from the lead slips. The guests seem to enjoy this game and compete just to see who can find the item first. This is a great way for you to learn about the products while providing a good time for the guests. And best of all they are telling you about the product instead of you having to remember all those details. You could even offer an extra ticket for ideas on how they would use this product in their kitchen. This gets guests thinking about how useful the item is and that they need to have it!

You just reminded me of a game that we played at a Tupperware party. The consultant gave everyone money (play of course) for attending, money for bringing a guest, money for showing up early or on time, and money everytime they answered the catalog question (like - what page is this on, or how much is this, or What colors do these come in?) She gave out different amounts for different things, they weren't all singles, or tens.

Near the end of the show, she brought out 3 or so gift bags (discontinued bowls, plates, cups) and auctioned them off. Since most of us were friends of family, we were all trying to outbid the others.

It was a fun game and kept out attention the whole time. I also noticed that I saw things in the catalog that I would not have noticed had she not played this game.

I was not a consultant at the time, or I would have paid more attention. :rolleyes:

I may play this game this month, just to see how it goes.

Might be good to give the person with the most money the bag of their choice, and THEN auction, since that would help level the playing field, so to speak. Someone always ends up with way more $ than anyone else.

Thanks everyone, you are really calming me down and I am thinking to myself..whatever I'll just have fun with it and go with the flow. I think I'll run to the store and get some tickets and do some games and on time things so I can take the attention off me and get them looking thru the catalog.
You guys are awesome. I do think I look at my notes WAYYYYYY tooo much...but hopefully I can get everyone talking and not looking at me....LOL

Hey - call me when it's over!! I'll be reachable on my cell all day/night!

Hey Jill!

How did it go?

hi jilleysue
if u have the new consultant printable paperwork cd
product descriptions are ALL there including the warranties for each one
i call them my cheat sheets as i am only 1 month into the business
heather

Yeah I used those....I am good now. Just had to get over that first show. I did well. It was 1300.00, so I freaked myself out over nothing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Diana Smith
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb