1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales How to reward my past host?

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Last November, I did a show for a lady. It was a very good show (almost $500) and though I have sent her my newsletter, I have not talked to her since.

Today, I checked CC and was shocked to discover that this lady had placed a web order yesterday. It is $69.52 commissionable. Although she got her past host discount, she paid more in shipping than if I had put it on a show. (But then again, I don't have a show going in for a while.) She also didn't get the monthly special because it was an individual order.

I was thinking of sending something to her as a thank-you. What would you suggest? I don't want to give away my commission.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Aug 11, 2009
  2. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

Maybe an advanced copy of the new SB?? You know she doesn't have it yet AND you can stick a thank you note for order and letting her know she gets a sneak peek at ONE of the over 20 new items PC has arriving in less than a month. Ask her to host a Fall Fling Show for you...or whatever name you give it! :)

Aug 11, 2009
  3. Intrepid_Chef

Hmmmm ... the only NEW SB I have is in my tote all the time ... haven't ordered the new one yet.

I was more upset when I thought she didn't get her PHD but when she did ... I was less concerned. I still appreciate it, though!

Aug 11, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'd just send a handwritten thank you note.

Aug 11, 2009
  5. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

yeah, what's wrong with just a thank you note? We can't get in the habit of giving people gifts every time they place an order. A hand-written note says more anyway.

Aug 11, 2009
  6. taterbug

taterbug Member

I ordered some Thank You cards from Merrill; they have the Tuxedo Brownie recipe on the front of them. I use these to write a thank you to the host when I am closing out her show. To me, this is just an extra touch of customer service and they are likely to keep the card because of the recipe.

Aug 11, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

No gift needed, just send her a note. She was apparently happy paying the price she did for the products. No need for anything to come out of your pocket.

Aug 11, 2009
  8. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I agree. A handwritten note goes a long way.

Aug 11, 2009
  9. Intrepid_Chef

Thanks ... that's what I'll do ... I was mostly concerned about doing something else b/c I thought she did not use her past host discount, but she did.

The funny part? Her niece, whose party was where I met her, has re-booked. There is apparently some long-standing feud between this past host and her niece and sister-in-law. So I suspect she heard about the September show through the grapevine and this is her way of saying, "Ooops, sorry, I just ordered." That's OK, I will gladly take business from the whole family!

Aug 11, 2009
  10. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Oh that is funny! Good thing she order from you.

Have something to add?