• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do to Thank My Past Host for Placing a Web Order?

In summary, the conversation discusses a lady who placed a web order last November and did not receive the monthly special. The presenter was considering sending her a thank you card but decided against it because they do not do gifts every time someone places an order. The lady's niece, whose party the presenter met the lady at, has re-booked and the presenter is happy to take business from the whole family.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Last November, I did a show for a lady. It was a very good show (almost $500) and though I have sent her my newsletter, I have not talked to her since.

Today, I checked CC and was shocked to discover that this lady had placed a web order yesterday. It is $69.52 commissionable. Although she got her past host discount, she paid more in shipping than if I had put it on a show. (But then again, I don't have a show going in for a while.) She also didn't get the monthly special because it was an individual order.

I was thinking of sending something to her as a thank-you. What would you suggest? I don't want to give away my commission.

Last edited:
Maybe an advanced copy of the new SB?? You know she doesn't have it yet AND you can stick a thank you note for order and letting her know she gets a sneak peek at ONE of the over 20 new items PC has arriving in less than a month. Ask her to host a Fall Fling Show for you...or whatever name you give it! :)

Hmmmm ... the only NEW SB I have is in my tote all the time ... haven't ordered the new one yet.

I was more upset when I thought she didn't get her PHD but when she did ... I was less concerned. I still appreciate it, though!

I'd just send a handwritten thank you note.

yeah, what's wrong with just a thank you note? We can't get in the habit of giving people gifts every time they place an order. A hand-written note says more anyway.

I ordered some Thank You cards from Merrill; they have the Tuxedo Brownie recipe on the front of them. I use these to write a thank you to the host when I am closing out her show. To me, this is just an extra touch of customer service and they are likely to keep the card because of the recipe.

No gift needed, just send her a note. She was apparently happy paying the price she did for the products. No need for anything to come out of your pocket.

I agree. A handwritten note goes a long way.

Thanks ... that's what I'll do ... I was mostly concerned about doing something else b/c I thought she did not use her past host discount, but she did.The funny part? Her niece, whose party was where I met her, has re-booked. There is apparently some long-standing feud between this past host and her niece and sister-in-law. So I suspect she heard about the September show through the grapevine and this is her way of saying, "Ooops, sorry, I just ordered." That's OK, I will gladly take business from the whole family!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Thanks ... that's what I'll do ... I was mostly concerned about doing something else b/c I thought she did not use her past host discount, but she did.

The funny part? Her niece, whose party was where I met her, has re-booked. There is apparently some long-standing feud between this past host and her niece and sister-in-law. So I suspect she heard about the September show through the grapevine and this is her way of saying, "Ooops, sorry, I just ordered." That's OK, I will gladly take business from the whole family!

Oh that is funny! Good thing she order from you.

1. How can I reward a past host for their successful party?

There are several ways to reward a past host for their successful party. You can offer them a discount on their next purchase, give them a free product of their choice, or treat them to a special gift or experience.

2. Is there a recommended budget for rewarding past hosts?

There is no set budget for rewarding past hosts. It ultimately depends on your business's budget and your relationship with the host. You can offer a small token of appreciation or a more substantial reward, depending on what you feel comfortable with.

3. Can I offer different rewards for different levels of party sales?

Yes, you can offer different rewards for different levels of party sales. For example, you can offer a small reward for parties with lower sales and a more significant reward for parties with higher sales. This can incentivize hosts to reach a certain sales goal.

4. What is the best way to present the reward to the past host?

The best way to present the reward to the past host is to do so in person. This allows you to personally thank them for their hard work and show your appreciation. If an in-person meeting is not possible, you can also send the reward by mail or email.

5. Can I offer a reward to a past host even if their party did not meet the sales goal?

Yes, you can still offer a reward to a past host even if their party did not meet the sales goal. It's essential to show your appreciation and thank them for their efforts, regardless of the party's success. This can also encourage them to host another party in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
cochef
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies