• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bride of Pampered Chef Shower Upset - Apologizing Despite Feeling Wronged

In summary, the bride feels disrespected by the email that was sent out after the Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. She wishes that the email would have been run past her before it was sent out. She wishes that the guests who received the email would be apologized to.
chefkathy
I just got this email from the bride of the PC Shower I did last Saturday. This woman and her bridesmaids were not the easiest to work with to being with and now this!
I have to tell you that the first part of this e-mail was nice to send. The second half disturbed me since you let everyone who had already bought me gifts how much free product I got. This was a bridal shower, not a regular Pampered Chef Party, and I wish you wouldn't have given them the information about hosting a party, buying more products, and especially the detailed information about how much I earned by being host and how much I saved. I thought it was kind of tacky. I never knew you were going to send out that e-mail. I wish you would have ran it past me before you sent it out. It would be much appreciated if you would send an e-mail to the guests you originally sent the e-mail to and apologize. Thank you!

This is my original email, which I send after EVERY show. I even edited hers a bit so as not to reveal more information about her earnings.
Hi everyone!

It was so nice to see you all at XXXX’s Pampered Chef Bridal Shower on Saturday. Thanks so much for coming to help us pamper xxxx and xxxx.

Hopefully you had a great time, sampled some delicious food and picked up a few tips! I have attached the Mandarin Pasta Salad recipe that we made. Let me know how it turns out if you make it for your family.

xxxx and I completed her order and everything has been submitted. It will take two weeks or less for the products to ship out. Everything is being sent to Gloria’s house. Once they arrive, you can pick up your new tools there.

A new feature that Pampered Chef is offering is our spectacular ONLINE OUTLET where you can find retired products at huge discounts. To access the outlet, visit my website. Scroll to bottom of page, click on SHOP ONLINE. Click PLACE AN ORDER under Option #2. Click OUTLET SPECIALS at the bottom of the menu on the left. Past hosts receive an EXTRA 10% off on all Outlet items with their PHD number! The Outlet changes from time to time, so be sure to order it TODAY before it is gone. Bookmark my site so you can visit again.

This email is also your notification that you are being added to my newsletter mailing list (if you are not already on it). I send out email updates a couple times a month with recipes, tips, and specials. You may change your email address or unsubscribe at any time—just let me know. I hope you find it useful - please feel free to pass it along to anyone you think may be interested!

I am always looking for fun loving people to join my team or host future parties, so please keep me in mind and let me know when you’d like to take advantage of all Pampered Chef has to offer. With your help, xxxx received many items on her registry list and then received many more20for free, half price, and at a deep discount by using the host rewards. xxxx received $140 in products for free and saved over $250 on her order as the “host”!! Throw yourself another bridal shower by hosting your own party and you can get similar rewards!

If xxxx had been the Consultant for this Show, she would have earned $153.90 for a few hours work and fun. If you would like to explore how The Pampered Chef business might fit in your life, please let me know! I’d love to treat you to a cup of coffee and chat about it. Join in April and you can receive our Deep Covered Baker (valued at $69) for FREE!!!

I love referrals, too! Do you know someone who is looking for a part time job or has a great personality? Know someone who throws great parties? Send them my way and I’ll give you a referral gift when they become a consultant or book a party!

Please keep me in mind if you ever need anything in the future....birthday gifts, bridal shower gifts, housewarming gifts, "any time" gifts, something for yourself, etc!! You don’t have to attend a party to place an order.
Once you receive your products, please be sure to give each of them a try as soon as you get them, (TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BOX!) and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Pampered Chef will pay for return shipping within the first 30 days, so be sure to check that everything is in one piece. Remember, most of your Pampered Chef products are guaranteed for at least a year (others 3 years, 5 years, or even a lifetime), so hold on to that sales receipt in case you ever need it.

Thanks again for such a fun time. Without you, I'd have no business in the kitchen!

How do I respond to this???? I am so fed up with these people! What do I have to apologize for? Of course I'll have to eat crow or lose customers..........ugh.

no response needed as far as I am concerned~she vented and that was probably all she really wanted to do.

Her: Why didn't you send out an apology to the people at my showerr
You: Good idea, they have to always deal with you, it was mean of me to leave them behind.

Seriously, I would not respond, if she asks you about it -I would act like I never saw her email.
((HUGS))

Sounds like a bridezilla to me. Ungrateful b*tch.
Sorry.
I am a bit pissy today.
LOL
But it's true...don't let it bother you.
Not sure what I would do. :(

I first thought ignoring the email would be the way to go, but after a little more thought, I do not think that is the correc approach.

I would type something like the following.

Dear xxxx,

The email I sent is one I send out after every party. What I have experienced is such relief from many of my customers. When an economy is down, my customers love knowing they have a way to still get our great products without having to spend a lot of money. They also love knowing they can earn money doing what I do. I love to help my customers get whatever they need from me and this form of communication is a comfortable way for them to receive it. I would be sad to learn one of my customers was in need of some extra income but did not know she could do what I do and still be home with her kids.

I am so happy for you and xxxxx. I wish you many of years of happiness as you go through your life journey together!

That is really too bad, Deb, that this bride feels like this.:( Geez, I hate when things like this happen, so I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

I would probably respond if it were me. Kind of along the lines of what Lisa said, I'd explain I do this type of follow up after all of my shows, no matter what the type. You can tell her it's part of being a full-service consultant and you don't exclude anyone or prejudge what information they may or may not find helpful. You can tell her you just feel there is so much that PC has to offer, you enjoy sharing it with people and it's not meant to offend anyone, just like someone would share a good restaurant they've been to.

This is interesting because I have a bridal shower on Saturday and I never think twice about sending an email like this after the show. Now I will at least be more aware of it. I have done it in the past and never had someone respond like that.

I agree... I like what Lisa said. I wouldn't ignore it though... brides can be monsters and she could get even nastier if you don't do something...

This is a learning experience for me. Do you guys always send the hosts benefits info out to all who atteneded? This is a new thought for me and I'm mulling over how I would feel about it... not saying it's right or wrong at all ... just letting the new concept sink in...

SusanBP0129 said:
Sounds like a bridezilla to me. Ungrateful b*tch.
Sorry.
I am a bit pissy today.
LOL
But it's true...don't let it bother you.
Not sure what I would do. :(

LOL!!

Hope your mood gets better Susan.

quiverfull7 said:
This is a learning experience for me. Do you guys always send the hosts benefits info out to all who atteneded? This is a new thought for me and I'm mulling over how I would feel about it... not saying it's right or wrong at all ... just letting the new concept sink in...

I always send a post-show email with the recipe(s) and I summarize the general host benefits. I guess I don't always put what the host exactly earned, but if it was a good show, I think guests have NO clue (either does the host lots of times:)) how great the host benefits are, so this may open their eyes. I think it may get people's interest if they were thinking about doing a show.

When I host coach the bride and host of my showers I urge them to tell everyone to order for themselves and bring outside orders because that increases the value of what they gave them. I point out that guest save money (no time, gas, wrapping) on their gift and the bride gets almost double what the guest spent in benefits. I even give them a note explaining that to put in the invitations. I also say all this at the shower.

At the end of the shower there are always several people who want to know what the bride will get and I announce her level and what she earned. They are always excited to hear that they helped her get even more and some will add to an order or get another outside order to help reach the next level.

Your bride is too worried about nothing. lol

bethcooks4u said:
When I host coach the bride and host of my showers I urge them to tell everyone to order for themselves and bring outside orders because that increases the value of what they gave them. I point out that guest save money (no time, gas, wrapping) on their gift and the bride gets almost double what the guest spent in benefits. I even give them a note explaining that to put in the invitations. I also say all this at the shower.

At the end of the shower there are always several people who want to know what the bride will get and I announce her level and what she earned. They are always excited to hear that they helped her get even more and some will add to an order or get another outside order to help reach the next level.

Your bride is too worried about nothing. lol

Beth, I made it clear during my opening that they were helping the bride in three ways--1) buying off her list and 2) buying things for themselves so that 3) she could get the most host benefits.

This bride refused to get outside orders and instead set up a registry via the website for those who couldn't come. yes, I explained to her that she would get more benefits by putting it all through the show, but she didn't want to have to deal with collecting money and her bridesmaids were of NO help. This was a very frustrating situation all around.

Okay, so tell me if this email is okay as a response. Thank you Lisa for your suggestion!
The email I sent is one I send out after every party, no matter what type. I’m sure you received a similar email after the Two Left Feet Fundraiser. What I have experienced is that my customers appreciate receiving this information. When an economy is down, my customers love knowing they have a way to still get our great products without having to spend a lot of money. They also love knowing they can earn money doing what I do. I love to help my customers get whatever they need from me and this form of communication is a comfortable way for them to receive it. I would be sad to learn one of my customers was in need of some extra income but did not know she could do what I do and help her family’s budget. As far as the benefits are concerned, I told everyone at the shower that in addition to the wish list items, you would be receiving the hostess benefits and their purchases would be helping to pamper you in that way as well. The hostess benefits are all in the catalog for everyone to see.I just doubled checked on the shipment and it looks like it should be going out today or tomorrow, so hopefully you will have your new things by Saturday. How exciting!I am so happy for you and Jeff! I hope the wedding goes well. I wish you many of years of happiness as you go through your life journey together!

I like it! Well done Deb! :)

Thanks everyone! It is sent!

Keep us posted! ;)

I am probably in the minority on this...but I am one of those customers who genuinely prefer not to receive after the show emails (since many of the ones I've gotten are thinly-veiled solicitations). On the other hand, as a consultant, I know a lot of customers do in fact benefit from the information in these emails. So for what it is worth, here's my suggestion:

I would acknowledge how your host feels and let her know you respect that (vs risking her thinking you are dismissing the legitimacy of her feelings). Then, briefly share the customer-service reason you send that information out. I'd also add the word 'many' evertime you say how your customers feel....since she is a customer and clearly doesn't feel that way. Otherwise, she could decide to not do any further business with you and discourage others from doing the same.

Just my thoughts...no offense intended, and none taken if others don't agree. :angel:

her response:
I did not receive an e-mail like that after the Two Left Feet Fundraiser. I just wish you wouldn't have given anyone the amount I received in Free Products or how much I saved. That isn't anyone's business and I don't like that you used my bridal shower pampered chef party details to tell my guests how much they could get back. Maybe instead of apologizing to my guests, you should be apologizing to me, since that was my personal information that you let them know and it wasn't just me who was offended by it. My Mom, Jeff, and I were all offended by the second half of the e-mail.
So now I have to apologize somehow.

No matter what you do or say she wil not be happy - bless and release!

DebbieJ said:
her response:

So now I have to apologize somehow.

I would send her an email saying that you are sorry she feels that way and you will be more careful in the future.

Then bless and release. She's way too stressed and nothing you say will help.

Grrrr.... clearly she has something going on and you are getting the brunt of it.I would just say, "Bride... I am very sorry to have offended you, groom and family... that was never my intention." and leave it at that. Give her what she wants... the apology and nothing else.Something about the ring, dress and craziness that goes with weddings gives some brides the sense that the world is there for them. I guess just suck it up, send a quick note and be done with it. IF she goes on further, I would say, "You asked me for an apology and I gave it to you." and be done.Good luck! {{HUGS}}

finley1991 said:
Grrrr.... clearly she has something going on and you are getting the brunt of it.

I would just say, "Bride... I am very sorry to have offended you, groom and family... that was never my intention." and leave it at that. Give her what she wants... the apology and nothing else.

{{HUGS}}

This is the way I would go with it. She wants an apology and this is one. I wouldn't say anything about re-thinking sending it out because it is your business practice to do so and in x number of years have never had a problem with it. Don't let this one bridezilla dictate how you should run your business!!

pamperedlinda said:
No matter what you do or say she wil not be happy - bless and release!

Yep, I agree. :( To just to be done with it, I guess apologize to her, but I don't see a need in sending out a brand new email to apologize to everyone. uggg--- these things are so frustrating. I wish I had better wording but I think yours was good and upbeat with showing your excitement. These situations are SOOO frustrating and I feel badly for you.:(

bethcooks4u said:
I would send her an email saying that you are sorry she feels that way and you will be more careful in the future.

Then bless and release. She's way too stressed and nothing you say will help.

Couldn't of said it better. She's just being grumpy and you just happen to be the one she's going to take it out on that ungreatful witch.:yuck:

finley1991 said:
Grrrr.... clearly she has something going on and you are getting the brunt of it.

I would just say, "Bride... I am very sorry to have offended you, groom and family... that was never my intention." and leave it at that. Give her what she wants... the apology and nothing else.

Something about the ring, dress and craziness that goes with weddings gives some brides the sense that the world is there for them. I guess just suck it up, send a quick note and be done with it.

IF she goes on further, I would say, "You asked me for an apology and I gave it to you." and be done.

Good luck! {{HUGS}}

That IS good wording. Somehow I didn't see the couple posts before mine before I posted. I couldn't have said it better myself!

Keep us posted, Deb!

finley1991 said:
I would just say, "Bride... I am very sorry to have offended you, groom and family... that was never my intention." and leave it at that.

This says it all. You always have such great word choice Colleen!

Thank you Colleen and Beth. I sent her a response using words you suggested, saying I was sorry, didn't intend to offend, and will be more careful in the future. That was it. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Oh yikes Deb! Sorry you had to go through all this! I have been doing PC for almost 3 years now and have yet to get a bridal shower. Maybe I will stay away from them!

I did a bridal shower about 2 years ago that was hugely successful and everyone had a lot of fun. Fast forward to like about 6 months ago and I get an email from the original hostess (cousin to the bride), saying "please remove me from your email list. After what you pulled at __________'s bridal shower no one in my family will ever speak to you again". Have no idea what she was talking about. Blessed and released.

Nanisu said:
I did a bridal shower about 2 years ago that was hugely successful and everyone had a lot of fun. Fast forward to like about 6 months ago and I get an email from the original hostess (cousin to the bride), saying "please remove me from your email list. After what you pulled at __________'s bridal shower no one in my family will ever speak to you again". Have no idea what she was talking about. Blessed and released.

HOly cripes! Man, what is it with people? It would drive me crazy trying to figure out what I supposedly did. Good for you for moving past it!

OMG! I would totally want to know what I did!I'm glad you moved past it but strange for this woman to bring it up 6 months later! It's still bugging her? Sounds like she needs to move on too!!!! ;)

Nanisu said:

WTF?? Some people are just crazy.

for what it is worth, after her second email saying you owed her an apology, I would've sent her a handwritten notecard with the apology. Unfortunately, many brides-to-be are being catered/courted by many people and often they feel like they are truly royalty.

I agree--send her an apology and move on. Weddings are stressful--you often have so many people's expectations to live up to that people just get whacked out, you know? It's her problem, really, but I'd drop the note to her in the mail and let it go. You could chase this and make it bigger than it needs to be--for you or her.

and once again.....she bites:
I was just wondering if the e-mail you sent to me and my guests is corporate policy or just something you do after each party? My Mom has been to several Pampered Chef parties and has never received the information regarding what the "Host" has earned in Free Products or how much they saved and we do not feel like this is anybody's business other than the Hostess. If this is a corporate policy, I feel this should be changed, especially for Bridal Showers or at least discuss it with the Bride &/or the Hostess before sending it out.
I'm thinking no response necessary this time.

I think she has a thing for you! I'd lose her and all of her contact info as well.

I wouldn't respond further either. If she continues, then decide what to deal with.Seriously though! She doesn't have enough *wedding* stuff to do? She has time and energy to put you through this? Goodness!!!!

Yeah, she must be really ticked. LOL! The thing is, I bet her guests didn't even notice or care about her "personal business." This is so inconsequential and she is freaking out.

I'm willing to bet that her friends are well aware of her self-imposed-diva-status - ignore it. She'll tire of you and move on to someone else.

"Self imposed Diva Status"LOVE IT! This TOTALLY fits her!

Oh for goodness sakes....this is absurd. Can you block her e-mails in your e-mail program? If not, I wouldn't open any more of them, just hit "Delete"!

1. Why did you send out an email after the bridal shower?

I send out a follow-up email after every Pampered Chef party to thank the guests for attending and to provide any additional information or updates. This is a standard practice for all consultants.

2. Why did you include information about hosting a party and earning free products in the email?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is my job to inform my guests about the benefits of hosting a party. This includes earning free products and receiving discounts on their order. It is a way for them to continue to enjoy our products and possibly earn some for free.

3. Did you obtain permission from the bride before sending out the email?

I did not specifically ask for permission from the bride before sending out the email, but I did mention in the email that she could contact me if she had any concerns or if she wanted to change her email address or unsubscribe from future emails.

4. How do you respond to the bride's request for an apology to be sent to the guests?

I apologize if the information in the email made the bride uncomfortable. My intention was not to make anyone feel uncomfortable or to reveal any personal information. I will not be sending out an apology to the guests, but I am open to discussing the issue further with the bride.

5. How do you handle difficult customers like this?

I strive to provide the best customer service to all of my clients, but I understand that there may be times when a customer is unhappy with my services. In this situation, I would first apologize and try to understand their concerns. I would then offer to discuss the issue further and find a resolution that works for both parties. It is important to remain professional and courteous, even in difficult situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • scrapbuckman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkathy