• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Friendship & Business: A Pampered Bride Show

Income Tax. I thought I was just helping out a friend but apparently she was thinking this was a babysitting business-kind of thing. Frustrates me that we miscommunicate.Six? Yep. Six.
stefani2
I have a friend who I babysit her kids a few times a month. She used to sell PC but is now a Stampin Up rep. I have been the Consultant for her PC Show before and I considered her a friend. We live in a small town - so maybe that was the reason I was surprised when she asked her previous up-line to Host a Pampered Bride Show for her on Sunday?

I am an emotional thinker - so can anyone PLEASE point out some ways that I can think of this business-wise and not personal? I want to try and not have it affect my personal relationship with her....:(

I would be hurt to! But maybe this other consultant approached her first and she felt she had to have her do it instead.

You HAVE to separate business from personal, or you'll lose friends everytime someone says 'no' to hosting a show.

I have a friend who posted on Facebook she's looking for a way to do fundraising for a charity walk in which we're both participating. I commented that she 'knew what I would suggest' (I've been trying to get her to do a FR for her Girl Scout troop since I joined PC a year ago). The next morning she posted she's doing a Lia Sophia party as her fundraiser! I was hurt for about 30 seconds, then 'blessed and released.' My business isn't going to fail because I didn't get this one show, and neither will yours.

On a more positive note, I have a friend who would not host a show for me, even though I kept hinting to her about it. One day I simply told her if she never hosted a show it was ok, it wouldn't affect our friendship. Guess what! She not only hosted a show, but she used her FPV for the kit credit, and is one of the top sellers in our cluster!! Having PC in common (along with several other factors, such as raising teenagers as Christian moms) has brought us even closer.:love::love:

Maybe since she left PC, she felt she "owed" her former Upline and let her have the Wedding Shower. Did you ask her about doing one for her? She may have thought you didn't want to...

pcchefjane said:
Maybe since she left PC, she felt she "owed" her former Upline and let her have the Wedding Shower. Did you ask her about doing one for her? She may have thought you didn't want to...

I was going to do the same thing. Maybe it was something she had promised her upline previously.

Thank you for your different viewpoints. I appreciate it and it has made me feel better. I REALLY want to keep it seperate from my friendship with her.

Bless and release! Bless and release! *deep breath*

After REALLY thinking about this - I think there are some underlying issues that are more of the problem for me MORE THAN just her going with another Consultant. It is difficult to accept because she would be FURIOUS with a friend going with another Stampin Up Rep!

I offered to babysit occassionally for her last year to help her out. She couldn't find a babysitter for her casual days of work - and asked if her girls could come over for a play-date. But she ended up paying me. Last week, she asked if I could give her a receipt for Income Tax. I thought I was just helping out a friend but apparently she was thinking this was a babysitting business-kind of thing. Frustrates me that we miscommunicate.

I also think that she is a 'taker' kind of friend - TAKE TAKE TAKE. She wouldn't do the same to me - as what I do to her......

Rae would tell you to put your big girl panties on!

wadesgirl said:
Rae would tell you to put your big girl panties on!

LOL. true. true.

stefani2 said:
After REALLY thinking about this - I think there are some underlying issues that are more of the problem for me MORE THAN just her going with another Consultant. It is difficult to accept because she would be FURIOUS with a friend going with another Stampin Up Rep!

I offered to babysit occassionally for her last year to help her out. She couldn't find a babysitter for her casual days of work - and asked if her girls could come over for a play-date. But she ended up paying me. Last week, she asked if I could give her a receipt for Income Tax. I thought I was just helping out a friend but apparently she was thinking this was a babysitting business-kind of thing. Frustrates me that we miscommunicate.

I also think that she is a 'taker' kind of friend - TAKE TAKE TAKE. She wouldn't do the same to me - as what I do to her......
That makes it hard. From an outside stand point maybe she doesn't consider you as good a friend as you do?

wadesgirl said:
That makes it hard. From an outside stand point maybe she doesn't consider you as good a friend as you do?

I realize our defination of 'friendship' is different than hers.....

stefani2 said:
I realize our defination of 'friendship' is different than hers.....

I had a friend like that in HS and eventually just had to let her go. She would never initiate anything, I was always calling and going to see her, etc. It's hard but I look at her life now and am glad that we aren't friend any more.

wadesgirl said:
I had a friend like that in HS and eventually just had to let her go. She would never initiate anything, I was always calling and going to see her, etc. It's hard but I look at her life now and am glad that we aren't friend any more.

I've got people like that in my past too... I think a lot of us do. I think I'm learning though, that I don't like to mix business with friendships or family. My worst shows have been with family and friends, not because they haven't been sucessful, but because they have been my most demanding hosts.

wadesgirl said:

So I am back to 'Bless and release....bless and release'.... lol.

Now where are my big girl panties?!!

1. How can I balance my friendship and business relationships while participating in the Pampered Bride Show?

It can be challenging to balance both friendships and business relationships while participating in the Pampered Bride Show. One way to navigate this is by setting clear boundaries and communication with your friend/partner. Make sure to have open and honest conversations about your expectations and responsibilities during the show. Also, try to separate your personal and professional interactions during the event to maintain a healthy balance.

2. What should I do if conflicts arise between my friend/partner and me during the Pampered Bride Show?

Conflicts are inevitable in any relationship, especially when working together. If conflicts arise during the Pampered Bride Show, it is essential to address them calmly and professionally. Take the time to listen and understand each other's perspectives and try to find a solution that works for both of you. Remember to prioritize your friendship and maintain open communication throughout the process.

3. How can I support my friend/partner's business while promoting my own at the Pampered Bride Show?

The Pampered Bride Show is an excellent opportunity to showcase both your friend/partner's business and your own. One way to support each other is by cross-promoting your products and services. Share each other's information on social media, mention each other during presentations, and collaborate on special offers. By promoting each other's businesses, you can both benefit from the event's exposure.

4. Are there any tips for avoiding conflicts while working with my friend/partner during the Pampered Bride Show?

Avoiding conflicts entirely may not be possible, but there are steps you can take to minimize them. First, make sure to clarify each other's roles and responsibilities before the event. This will help prevent misunderstandings and confusion. Additionally, try to maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards each other. Remember that you are both working towards a common goal, and any conflicts should be addressed constructively.

5. How can we maintain a healthy balance between our friendship and business after the Pampered Bride Show?

After the Pampered Bride Show, it is essential to reflect on your experience and discuss any challenges that may have arisen. It is crucial to prioritize your friendship and make sure that any conflicts or tensions are resolved. Continue to communicate openly and set boundaries to maintain a healthy balance between your friendship and business. Remember to celebrate your successes and support each other in future endeavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • ItalianChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies