1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How to respond...

1. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

I have a friend who I babysit her kids a few times a month. She used to sell PC but is now a Stampin Up rep. I have been the Consultant for her PC Show before and I considered her a friend. We live in a small town - so maybe that was the reason I was surprised when she asked her previous up-line to Host a Pampered Bride Show for her on Sunday?

I am an emotional thinker - so can anyone PLEASE point out some ways that I can think of this business-wise and not personal? I want to try and not have it affect my personal relationship with her....:(

Mar 21, 2009
  2. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I would be hurt to! But maybe this other consultant approached her first and she felt she had to have her do it instead.

Mar 21, 2009
  3. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

You HAVE to separate business from personal, or you'll lose friends everytime someone says 'no' to hosting a show.

I have a friend who posted on Facebook she's looking for a way to do fundraising for a charity walk in which we're both participating. I commented that she 'knew what I would suggest' (I've been trying to get her to do a FR for her Girl Scout troop since I joined PC a year ago). The next morning she posted she's doing a Lia Sophia party as her fundraiser! I was hurt for about 30 seconds, then 'blessed and released.' My business isn't going to fail because I didn't get this one show, and neither will yours.

On a more positive note, I have a friend who would not host a show for me, even though I kept hinting to her about it. One day I simply told her if she never hosted a show it was ok, it wouldn't affect our friendship. Guess what! She not only hosted a show, but she used her FPV for the kit credit, and is one of the top sellers in our cluster!! Having PC in common (along with several other factors, such as raising teenagers as Christian moms) has brought us even closer.:love::love:

Mar 21, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Maybe since she left PC, she felt she "owed" her former Upline and let her have the Wedding Shower. Did you ask her about doing one for her? She may have thought you didn't want to...

Mar 21, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I was going to do the same thing. Maybe it was something she had promised her upline previously.

Mar 21, 2009
  6. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

Thank you for your different viewpoints. I appreciate it and it has made me feel better. I REALLY want to keep it seperate from my friendship with her.

Bless and release! Bless and release! *deep breath*

Mar 21, 2009
  7. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

After REALLY thinking about this - I think there are some underlying issues that are more of the problem for me MORE THAN just her going with another Consultant. It is difficult to accept because she would be FURIOUS with a friend going with another Stampin Up Rep!

I offered to babysit occassionally for her last year to help her out. She couldn't find a babysitter for her casual days of work - and asked if her girls could come over for a play-date. But she ended up paying me. Last week, she asked if I could give her a receipt for Income Tax. I thought I was just helping out a friend but apparently she was thinking this was a babysitting business-kind of thing. Frustrates me that we miscommunicate.

I also think that she is a 'taker' kind of friend - TAKE TAKE TAKE. She wouldn't do the same to me - as what I do to her......

Mar 21, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

Rae would tell you to put your big girl panties on!

Mar 21, 2009
  9. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

LOL. true. true.

Mar 21, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

That makes it hard. From an outside stand point maybe she doesn't consider you as good a friend as you do?

Mar 21, 2009
  11. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

I realize our defination of 'friendship' is different than hers.....

Mar 21, 2009
  12. wadesgirl

I had a friend like that in HS and eventually just had to let her go. She would never initiate anything, I was always calling and going to see her, etc. It's hard but I look at her life now and am glad that we aren't friend any more.

Mar 21, 2009
  13. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I've got people like that in my past too... I think a lot of us do. I think I'm learning though, that I don't like to mix business with friendships or family. My worst shows have been with family and friends, not because they haven't been sucessful, but because they have been my most demanding hosts.

Mar 21, 2009
  14. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

So I am back to 'Bless and release....bless and release'.... lol.

Now where are my big girl panties?!!

Mar 21, 2009
Have something to add?