1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How to respond....

1. melindag

melindag Member

how do you respond to someone who calls Pampered Chef "network marketing".....someone I know who is pushing one of these "miracle juices" recently said to me - " you know, I do what you do, Pampered Chef is network marketing just like this".

Mar 21, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I know it is fustrating to have someone think this. I had a promoter at a Farmer's Market say the same thing. As you know, there is a big difference between what she is doing and what we do. If she really wants an answer, explain that we get the majority of our commission of our sales, and not recruiting. Chances are she doesn't want to hear it.

3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Yes PC is a MLM (multi level marketing) Some are just better than others. PC has scored very high in what we offer. There is a thread about a report on this somewhere.....

Do not get into an argument with these people. Just tell them PC is what you are passionate about and you hope they do well with what they are passionate about.

Mar 21, 2009
  4. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Tell her we are one of only a few companies that qualify as retail-MLMs versus recruiting-MLMs. (Here is the distinction as defined at mlm-thetruth.com)

(The author has an MBA plus a PHD in Applied Psychology)

Mar 21, 2009
  5. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Um, we are network marketing. We don't advertise (much, if at all) and get our business through contacts and networking with others. Don't you want to be known as someone's "Pampered Chef Lady" (or Man) and to have the customer suggest you to their friends?

Mar 21, 2009
  6. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

PC does national advertising all the time, including the internet! I would maybe agree with you to some extent but our paychecks are not based only on our recruiting efforts. You can make money selling which a lot of companies don't.

Mar 21, 2009
  7. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

When I typed about advertising, I meant as individuals. We don't work for PC, we own our own business, so their advertising is just a bonus.

Secondly, Network Marketing is not about recruiting. If it were called Recruiting Marketing, that would be different. We have a NETWORK (just stressing, not shouting) of people we work with. They help us through forwarding emails, inviting friends to shows, and suggesting us to others. Our customers are a huge part of our network!

I guess I don't see the problem with being called a network marketing company.

Mar 22, 2009
Have something to add?