• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Strategies for Responding to Network Marketing Comparisons

I like to think of myself as a "Pampered Chef Lady" (or Man). I think it's a great way to earn a living and provide quality service to my customers.
melindag
how do you respond to someone who calls Pampered Chef "network marketing".....someone I know who is pushing one of these "miracle juices" recently said to me - " you know, I do what you do, Pampered Chef is network marketing just like this".

I know it is fustrating to have someone think this. I had a promoter at a Farmer's Market say the same thing. As you know, there is a big difference between what she is doing and what we do. If she really wants an answer, explain that we get the majority of our commission of our sales, and not recruiting. Chances are she doesn't want to hear it.

Yes PC is a MLM (multi level marketing) Some are just better than others. PC has scored very high in what we offer. There is a thread about a report on this somewhere.....

Do not get into an argument with these people. Just tell them PC is what you are passionate about and you hope they do well with what they are passionate about.

Tell her we are one of only a few companies that qualify as retail-MLMs versus recruiting-MLMs. (Here is the distinction as defined at mlm-thetruth.com)

Fair and equitable distribution of income in compensation plans is extremely rare in MLM/network marketing. Where such MLM programs exist, I call them "retail MLM's". In a retail MLM, every participant can earn a reasonable income for their efforts in selling products – without recruiting a large downline. Out of hundreds of MLM's I have reviewed, I have discovered only three MLM/network marketing programs that can possibly be classified as "retail MLM's...":

Fuller Brush
The Pampered Chef
Premier Designs

(The author has an MBA plus a PHD in Applied Psychology)

Um, we are network marketing. We don't advertise (much, if at all) and get our business through contacts and networking with others. Don't you want to be known as someone's "Pampered Chef Lady" (or Man) and to have the customer suggest you to their friends?

PC does national advertising all the time, including the internet! I would maybe agree with you to some extent but our paychecks are not based only on our recruiting efforts. You can make money selling which a lot of companies don't.

When I typed about advertising, I meant as individuals. We don't work for PC, we own our own business, so their advertising is just a bonus.Secondly, Network Marketing is not about recruiting. If it were called Recruiting Marketing, that would be different. We have a NETWORK (just stressing, not shouting) of people we work with. They help us through forwarding emails, inviting friends to shows, and suggesting us to others. Our customers are a huge part of our network! I guess I don't see the problem with being called a network marketing company.

1. How do I effectively respond to comparisons made by other network marketers?

The key to responding to network marketing comparisons is to stay calm and professional. Avoid getting defensive or attacking the other person. Instead, focus on highlighting the unique features and benefits of your product or company. You can also ask questions to better understand the basis of their comparison and address any misconceptions.

2. What should I do if a potential customer brings up a negative comparison?

If a potential customer brings up a negative comparison, acknowledge their concerns and offer to provide more information or address any specific points they may have. It's important to stay positive and confident in your product or company, and avoid bad-mouthing the other network marketer or their product.

3. How can I differentiate my product from similar products on the market?

You can differentiate your product by highlighting its unique features, benefits, and quality. Share personal experiences or testimonials from satisfied customers. You can also offer a product demonstration or provide samples for potential customers to try for themselves.

4. What are some effective ways to handle objections during a comparison discussion?

The best way to handle objections during a comparison discussion is to listen actively and address each concern individually. Offer solutions or alternatives, and provide evidence or facts to support your claims. Be empathetic and understanding, and avoid getting defensive or dismissive.

5. How can I use comparisons to my advantage in network marketing?

Comparisons can be used to your advantage by highlighting the unique strengths and benefits of your product or company. You can also use comparisons to educate potential customers about the differences between products and why yours may be a better fit for their needs. However, it's important to avoid making false or exaggerated claims and to always stay professional in your approach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • NooraK