• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help organizing your office hours? Look no further!

In summary, this woman recommends setting an office schedule and writing it down, training children that when the "Mommy's working" sign is up they should not bother her, and listening to advice from others to find what works best for them.
purpampchef
Hi,
I've been in PC for 7 years. Just retired from my full time job and want to grow my business. I need help in organizing my day, planning what needs to be done in the office, set office hours and am looking for ways to organize contacts, etc. I would appreciate any help you can give.

This is the first time I have started a thread, so I hope I am doing it correctly.

Thanks
Joyce

I am so with you. Any & all tips will be greatly appreciated.

I, too, would love some tips!

I wish I had a separate office, but we don't have the space right now, so I'm at a desk in my kitchen. Even just now, I had to explain to my 3 year-old that I'm working right now, even though I'm at home. He gave me a weird look and went to find a juice box. He probably thinks his mom is losing it. :)

Well, Not that I live by it by any means, I have heard one of the best ways is to actually set your schedule - just as though you were going to the office. Enter your office (or area) clock your time - 12 - 2, 3 - 5 whatever works for you and your family. AND get to business... Whether it is out of the box calls, booking calls, following up on leads, doing adjustments, listing what you need, host coaching etc. Have a list in front of you and check off as you do the deed. IF you finish up early, enjoy or find more contacts or follow up more or even start the list for the next day.

I plan on doing this myself when the summer is over. Right now, I don't have the time I need to do this - I try in 20 minute intervals.

HTH!!!

i just started, but i find that i do my best when i keep a notebook at my desk/ work area so i can jot down things i need to do, questions that need asking all that fun stuff. then when my son goes down for his nap i have some uninterupted time to get down to buisness. i blocked out a poer hour for yesterday and was so proud that i finished everything on my todo list in 30 min. that meant the other hour and a half my son was down i could do me stuff! i guess i just make my schedual around what i Have to do and what i Want to do. one of the perks is i get to set my own ours so i take advantage. but like i said i'm new, i'm sure that my schedual will become more hectic or set as i gain a larger client base.

I can't say that I live by my office hours, but many of them are spent by the pool (hey, I have a wireless laptop...that counts, right?).....I heard the MOST amazing thing at a workshop in conference or on a call (not sure which one):

"My office hours are 9-Noon Mon, Wed, Fri -- what is the best number to reach you at during that time?"

:angel: ahhhhhhhhh :angel:

Epiphany!

Last edited:
For me, the easiest thing has been to simply set them and stick to them. Well, that's also the hardest. LOL! My schedule varies day to day, but I make a set time each day to do my office stuff. I keep a running list on a steno pad of what I need to do, and cross things off as I get them done. It's easy to add things, since it's a pad that's sitting out and accessible. Writing them down gives me confidence that I won't forget. I use part of the page for things to do, another part for emails to send, and a third section for calls to make. (Sounds like Dor does something similar.)As for little ones, could you create a "Mommy's working" sign? When you hang it on the table, or on the back of your chair, or wherever, you're not to be interrupted. Even little children can be trained that when the sign's there you don't bother Mommy. Daddies may be harder. ;)

1. What is the purpose of having office hours?

Office hours allow for a designated time for clients or colleagues to schedule and meet with you to discuss any questions, concerns, or work-related matters. It also helps to establish a professional and accessible line of communication.

2. How often should I schedule office hours?

The frequency of office hours can vary depending on your workload and availability. It is recommended to have weekly office hours to ensure consistent communication and availability for others to schedule meetings with you.

3. How should I communicate my office hours to others?

It is important to clearly communicate your office hours to others, whether it be through email, a shared calendar, or a sign on your office door. This ensures that everyone is aware of your availability and can schedule meetings accordingly.

4. Can I schedule office hours outside of my normal working hours?

Yes, you can schedule office hours outside of your normal working hours if it is necessary or convenient for you and your clients or colleagues. However, it is important to set boundaries and communicate any changes in your office hours to avoid confusion.

5. How can I make the most out of my office hours?

To make the most out of your office hours, it is important to set clear expectations and goals for each meeting. This will help you stay organized and ensure that your time is used efficiently. It is also helpful to have any necessary materials or documents prepared beforehand to make the meeting more productive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • pckrissy