• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Combine a Cooking Show with My Friend's Housewarming?

In summary, my best friend from growing up is moving into their first home and they are excited to have me come over and do a cooking show for them. They don't have any firm plans yet, but they are moving in pretty soon and I would love to do the show for them. I'm not sure how to pitch the idea yet, but I think a Pampered Chef party would be a great way to invite people over and let them see the new house.
brendaziz
One of my best friends from growing up is moving into their first home and it's a dream house for them. GREAT kitchen.
Anyways- I had asked if when i'm gonna be in a town in a few months if she'd wanna host a show for me and she definitely really wants to. Loves the idea of a cooking show- though I don't think she's been to one before.
Then she said "Oh and if you're in town we might be having our housewarming around then too!" but i know there's no firm plans yet. They are moving in pretty soon.
I would LOVE to obviously combine the 2 and do her housewarming for her- but I'm not exactly sure how to pitch this?
And how exactly has anyone does a housewarming in the past?
The main thing I could see being an issue is that it would seem tacky to have a gift wishlist like a bridal shower or something since it's not usually customary (this is on Long Island. Parties are HUGE but etiquette is more of a biggie than it is where I am now)
Any thoughts/suggestions/been there done that advice?

Thanks!!!

I've never done one before and I'm new but maybe you do it almost like a fundraiser? Have 5 or 10% of your sales be free product value towards the host - or even do a ticket game of some type - raffle off something and the ticket $$ would go towards the host order?

I'm glad you posted this I have a similar situation someone stopped at my booth this past weekend and was interested in a housewarming as well. I really didn't know what to tell her. At first I was like well we do have bridal showers why not a housewarming. When you go to a housewarming you take a gift for the home why not make it a PC gift. Then as I asked around to my close friends what they thought some made a face like how tacky and the others said why not.

So I also would like to see what ohters think about the whole housewarming thing.

I think a Pampered Chef party is a GREAT way to invite people over and let them see your friend's new house. Present it to her that way. People will want to see the new house and they will come to the party to see it. That's what I did to show my house to friends and to stock my new kitchen. This was before I started selling PC. Everyone toured through the house and then we did the PC recipe. Maybe your friend just needs the idea presented to her.

I think it is the right idea. Make sure eveyone knows it is a PC party and you are going to showcase the house. I recently hosted a show that they combined with a birthday party. It was awkward and unsuccessful.

Not recommended.

Why not tell her you'd "love to do a Pampered Chef Cooking Show" as my housewarming gift to you. Lets work together on your wishlist and I"ll see if we can't grant a few wishes."

1. How can I make my housewarming pitch stand out?

To make your housewarming pitch stand out, be sure to highlight the unique features and benefits of the products, such as their versatility in the kitchen and their ability to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. You can also offer a special promotion or discount for guests who make a purchase during the housewarming party.

2. How do I approach potential customers at a housewarming party?

When approaching potential customers at a housewarming party, be friendly and genuine. Start by introducing yourself and asking about their interests and needs in the kitchen. Then, explain how the Pampered Chef products can address those needs and make their cooking experience more enjoyable.

3. What types of products should I focus on during a housewarming pitch?

During a housewarming pitch, it's important to focus on products that are practical, versatile, and can enhance the host's cooking and entertaining experience. Some popular products for housewarming parties include kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware sets, as well as entertaining items like serving platters and drinkware sets.

4. How can I make the housewarming pitch feel more interactive and engaging?

To make the housewarming pitch more interactive and engaging, you can offer product demonstrations and allow guests to try out the products for themselves. You can also incorporate fun games or activities that involve using the Pampered Chef products, such as a cooking challenge or recipe exchange.

5. Should I bring product catalogs to a housewarming party?

Yes, it's always a good idea to bring product catalogs to a housewarming party. This allows guests to browse the products at their own pace and make a purchase decision after the party. It's also helpful to have order forms available for guests to fill out if they are interested in purchasing products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SassyCook
Replies