1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show How to pitch a housewarming?

1. brendaziz

brendaziz Member

One of my best friends from growing up is moving into their first home and it's a dream house for them. GREAT kitchen.
    Anyways- I had asked if when i'm gonna be in a town in a few months if she'd wanna host a show for me and she definitely really wants to. Loves the idea of a cooking show- though I don't think she's been to one before.
    Then she said "Oh and if you're in town we might be having our housewarming around then too!" but i know there's no firm plans yet. They are moving in pretty soon.
    I would LOVE to obviously combine the 2 and do her housewarming for her- but I'm not exactly sure how to pitch this?
    And how exactly has anyone does a housewarming in the past?
    The main thing I could see being an issue is that it would seem tacky to have a gift wishlist like a bridal shower or something since it's not usually customary (this is on Long Island. Parties are HUGE but etiquette is more of a biggie than it is where I am now)
    Any thoughts/suggestions/been there done that advice?

Thanks!!!

Feb 24, 2010
  2. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I've never done one before and I'm new but maybe you do it almost like a fundraiser? Have 5 or 10% of your sales be free product value towards the host - or even do a ticket game of some type - raffle off something and the ticket $$ would go towards the host order?

Feb 24, 2010
  3. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I'm glad you posted this I have a similar situation someone stopped at my booth this past weekend and was interested in a housewarming as well. I really didn't know what to tell her. At first I was like well we do have bridal showers why not a housewarming. When you go to a housewarming you take a gift for the home why not make it a PC gift. Then as I asked around to my close friends what they thought some made a face like how tacky and the others said why not.

So I also would like to see what ohters think about the whole housewarming thing.

Feb 24, 2010
  4. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I think a Pampered Chef party is a GREAT way to invite people over and let them see your friend's new house. Present it to her that way. People will want to see the new house and they will come to the party to see it. That's what I did to show my house to friends and to stock my new kitchen. This was before I started selling PC. Everyone toured through the house and then we did the PC recipe. Maybe your friend just needs the idea presented to her.

Feb 24, 2010
  5. SueAdx

SueAdx Member

I think it is the right idea. Make sure eveyone knows it is a PC party and you are going to showcase the house. I recently hosted a show that they combined with a birthday party. It was awkward and unsuccessful.

Not recommended.

Feb 24, 2010
  6. RMDave

RMDave Advanced Member Gold Member

Why not tell her you'd "love to do a Pampered Chef Cooking Show" as my housewarming gift to you. Lets work together on your wishlist and I"ll see if we can't grant a few wishes."

Feb 26, 2010
Have something to add?